Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville talked about the positives of the move, how he's a fantastic player and wouldn't fit into the current and typical United system. But that perhaps we are looking to play with narrower wingers - something we have done with Kagawa this season.

He didn't say anything wrong.

Neville is so wrong, if he believes that he wouldn't fit in here. I do think people go overboard about him as a pundit and wanting him as a coach.

Especially when England play the dreaded 4-4-2, which we need to move away from. We won the champions league with a 4-3-3 and players interchanging.

Neville most likely would prefer us to sign another Valencia or Young.
TBF to Nev he did say a signing like Mata would lift the squad but believes we should strengthen in other areas first - a sentiment I agree with (wingers/CMFs). But I do think this might signal the change in our style of play from wingers to a 4231 formation which would be pleasing on the eyes.

That said we still need someone to partner Carrick in midfield, heres to hoping Fletcher is up for it!

Neville talked about the positives of the move, how he's a fantastic player and wouldn't fit into the current and typical United system. But that perhaps we are looking to play with narrower wingers - something we have done with Kagawa this season.

He didn't say anything wrong.

What's our current system?

It's broken and time for a change.

Mourinho must have a plan out of all of this.

The only alternative is that Chelsea really are scared of FFP and are operating accordingly.

It could very well be FFP forcing their hand somewhat.

Half of it doesn't even rhyme when not sang in a stupid French accent. ;)
Shut up Irwin! I'm just trying to be a muppet like all of you guys.

That's it, next transfer window I'm not meddling with you people, you've hurt my feelings.

Stupid French accent yourself, English is my mother tongue! Sacrebleu.

Just on the role of third parties.
We (and Atletico) used Mendes as the third party go-between on the DDG deal.
We (and Real Madrid) used Mendes as the third party go-between on the Ronaldo deal.

If any of the Mata stuff is true then we'd have already have checked with Mata's agent (who we know) if Mata would be interested, before this even started. There's every possibility that SAF checked with Mou to see if it was a non-starter.

If the speculation on this one is right, after that agreement in principle (with price to be confirmed maybe) was done after the Chelsea game.

The idea that we haven't made "an offer" yet just means that things like cash Vs stage payments etc make the final figure open to debate. In the end we offer them what they're expecting and they accept.

Third parties could mean anything from his agents to our lawyers - they'll just be people who can put the mechanics of the deal together so the final contracts are just a matter of getting the pen out. All that Mata's is we get the right Juan.
I love reading your posts.

The only alternative is that Chelsea really are scared of FFP and are operating accordingly.
Or he sees that Mata is surplus to requirements and has no objection to helping us strengthen our squad given they will not play us again this season (and if we meet in the UCL it would be without Mata anyway) but it may impact results against the other teams challenging for the league.

Is it weird that the fact almost everyone considers this basically a done deal scares me more than if we'd been told to feck off?

Right I left the internet for an hour. Did I miss anything?

:lol:Look at the last page of the shed end forum. There's an 'ITK' saying Rooney has been spotted at Chelsea's training ground

article-1023869-0178153900000578-881_468x560.jpg

I suspect FFP and squad numbers is the real reason. If so then I'll doff my cap to them.
Shut up Irwin! I'm just trying to be a muppet like all of you guys.

That's it, next transfer window I'm not meddling with you people, you've hurt my feelings.

Stupid French accent yourself, English is my mother tongue! Sacrebleu.
Could be worse and have a stupid half Southern half Northern Irish accent like myself.

Or he sees that Mata is surplus to requirements and has no objection to helping us strengthen our squad given they will not play us again this season (and if we meet in the UCL it would be without Mata anyway) but it may impact results against the other teams challenging for the league.

Yes, but there's always next season.

It's just too short-termist for words. It can't be happening. He's gone mad.

A few mates at work, who are mostly Liverpool fans still refuse to believe this is happening. To be honest, I still find it hard to believe. If somebody told me we'd be signing Mata a year ago, I'd have recommended they see a doctor.

We don't use the Birdgewater anymore do we? Carrington can do it all there now.

What Mata does starting from the left for a season

I think it was this season he had 13 league assists playing from the left of Valencia's 4-2-3-1. Only Xavi had more assists (Ronaldinho where were you?) and on top of that he scored 11 goals.

I'm not sure we'll use him from the left, but this is why its a joke anytime someone suggests he can't play from a wide position. What we're a bit more likely to do is play him in the hole behind one of RVP and Rooney. Like Mourinho, Moyes likes his defensive wingers

Surely we've got at least one competent doctor who can do the medical at Carrington before Friday ;)

A few mates at work, who are mostly Liverpool fans still refuse to believe this is happening. To be honest, I still find it hard to believe. If somebody told me we'd be signing Mata a year ago, I'd have recommended they see a doctor.
It makes too much sense for Chelsea to do a deal. If we can nick a point of City, that could be the difference between Chelsea winning the league or not

If somebody told me we'd be signing Mata a year ago, I'd have recommended they see a doctor.

To be fair, if somebody told you a year ago that we'd be now lying mid-table with Moyes in charge, you'd have been laughed out of the asylum.

I'm genuinely loving this season. So unpredictable and thoroughly absorbing.

When its being reported on Sky, BBC, Telegraph, Guardian, Mail, ESPN, CNN....why does some cnut called @ManU_NewsBLP, or whatever, think that people following the saga won't believe it until HE confirms it under the banner 'Breaking news' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.