Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

Mount, Sancho, Donny are all 'pass 'n' move' players. ETH wants to change our style, in particular to give us options in moving up the pitch, and working the ball in and around the box, with such players; but just as he recruits Mount, a large section of the defence gets taken out by prolonged injury and what was going to be hard work to change anyway, now becomes very difficult indeed.

I wouldn't say that. He would probably be very good for Liverpool. It's just that our team as a whole is an absolute mess, and every player just play for themselves. Badly coached, laziness and an individualistic approach to football takes you nowhere. Sometimes, you just need players who are tactically flexible and can suit different systems, who work extremely hard and are suited to playing football as a team.

Sancho was supposed to be a massive injection in quality, so was Pogba, Di Maria, etc. You'll find mediocre midfielders in the PL are performing to a much higher level than ours are, not because they're necessarily better quality for quality, but because they're more focused on team play.
I’d swap him for Gravenberch anyday. That guy has strength, agility, passing and height. We could have signed him for like 30m but no of course not.

He's nothing special but he's probably still our best right wing option somehow.

What happened to this guy? Is he still at the club, or what's the deal?

I’d swap him for Gravenberch anyday. That guy has strength, agility, passing and height. We could have signed him for like 30m but no of course not.
Steady, mate. Another ETH's former Ajax player and people would lose their mind (me included). Issue with Mount is he has no role in this team, not that he is not as good or more proven in PL than Gravenberch. Don't let Europa League and League Cup performance deceive you. He's mostly sub in PL, and didn't even complete 90 in his only start.

Mount, Sancho, Donny are all 'pass 'n' move' players. ETH wants to change our style, in particular to give us options in moving up the pitch, and working the ball in and around the box, with such players; but just as he recruits Mount, a large section of the defence gets taken out by prolonged injury and what was going to be hard work to change anyway, now becomes very difficult indeed.

What actually is our style,Mount deserves a chance but won't get it front of Antony/Rashford

What actually is our style,Mount deserves a chance but won't get it front of Antony/Rashford

I think we're supposed to be high press/win the ball back in forward positions and play direct, but instead we're high press/opposition walk through press and attack our goal constantly.

I wouldn't mind Mount getting a run of games on the right but ETH obviously doesn't see that as his role. I also don't think it would solve any of our issues but I juat feel bad for him that he's not really had a fair chance to show what he can do.

I think we're supposed to be high press/win the ball back in forward positions and play direct, but instead we're high press/opposition walk through press and attack our goal constantly.

I wouldn't mind Mount getting a run of games on the right but ETH obviously doesn't see that as his role. I also don't think it would solve any of our issues but I juat feel bad for him that he's not really had a fair chance to show what he can do.

Yeah definitely not been given a proper go

Steady, mate. Another ETH's former Ajax player and people would lose their mind (me included). Issue with Mount is he has no role in this team, not that he is not as good or more proven in PL than Gravenberch. Don't let Europa League and League Cup performance deceive you. He's mostly sub in PL, and didn't even complete 90 in his only start.
I’m not a fan of signing ex mangers players but funnily enough the one he probably should have signed Ten Hag passed on :lol:

Doesn’t get more current United than that.

You are quite right the way we are playing he won't, because Mount is not a winger (inverted or otherwise).

Our style, such as it is, seems to be to try to work it out from the back, but out wide to two 'inverted wingers'.
Antony on the right, but he cannot cross with his right foot, Rashfords on the left and he struggles to be accurate off his left foot, so its pointless either of them trying heading for the bye line and then pulling the ball back into the box... which any defender will tell you is the situation most hardest to defend against, so what do they do, they 'cut in' on the angle moving across the goal and try to score off their 'good foot'. That's not bad in itself, and once in while it actually works, the trouble is the 'world and his wife' know that is what we do, maybe all we can do, so they organise their defence appropriately.

I've still not figured out what Bruno's actual playing role is, he has some great insights and tries to play (and has played) some wonderful balls, but his completion rate for a while now has been below par and, nobody else in the team seems to know exactly what he is going to do.

I had a suspicion he was not a priority for ETH…

What was the point of blowing half the budget on this guy? More evidence that Ten Hag does not have the slightest idea what he is doing.

The only thing I can think is that ten Hag is keeping him aside to slowly rebed in.

I do think he was ten Hag's target

And they gave him the number 7 shirt :lol: cursed
What was the point of blowing half the budget on this guy? More evidence that Ten Hag does not have the slightest idea what he is doing.
This is why we are a banter club.

Just retire the fecking shirt
Absolutely ridiculous. The recruitment decisions are disgraceful.
McTom is being rewarded for being in form. That's all it is.

The amount of times Pep tinkers with City you'd all lose your minds, and you (CAF in general) all complain no one gets dropped, then the second a player gets dropped for a player in form you complain. Guarantee if Mount was starting there'll be people complaining.

I'd have given him the nod over Eriksen today for the legs, but got to trust ETH I guess.

The amount of times Pep tinkers with City you'd all lose your minds, and you (CAF in general) all complain no one gets dropped, then the second a player gets dropped for a player in form you complain. Guarantee if Mount was starting there'll be people complaining.

Gave away 2 pens in 2 consecutive games.

It's consistent that's for sure.

Why does it have to be Mctom dropped for him to play? He is an attacking midfielder and the guy playing as the starting attacking midfielder for us right now has underperformed the entire season yet continues to play every minute.

I honestly trust this forums decision making on transfers over the clubs at this point.

this was scarily predictable to everyone but the club/manager

It was vital that any money spent in summer improved the starting lineup otherwise we're no better than last season. Should have just got a better player than Amrabat if Mount is just a bench option.

55 mil for Mount and 2 months later he is benched for bloody McTominay. Together with his 90 mil worth winger

We massively overspent in him and how he can’t even get a game ahead of Mctominay who has been useless this season because he scored two goals against Brentford. It just sums up the absolute shit show that is this club and we have to watch it all on repeat season after season.

It was vital that any money spent in summer improved the starting lineup otherwise we're no better than last season. Should have just got a better player than Amrabat if Mount is just a bench option.
The CAF would complain if we played him purely because he cost so much too! EtH cannot win!

I honestly trust this forums decision making on transfers over the clubs at this point.

this was scarily predictable to everyone but the club/manager

Redcafe to be director of football?

Cant get into this United side. He'll be on loan at Nice by the end of 2024.

He was a priority, that is the baffling thing. The conclusion is that our manager is a charlatan and will hopefully be gone at the end of the season along with Murtough
He was a priority for the club, so was renewing DDG.

2nd of March 2024?

You know I had to do this to you mate :lol: If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.
I'm OK with it as long as there's a plan for him. There are lots of examples of big players who needed almost a whole season before they became key. Grealish being one example.