Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

Newcastle getting him stings. How the hell did we not try and sign him over Mason Mount?

I think our scouting network is non existent. Or Ten Hag doesnt trust it.

Anthony, Eriksen, Onana, Martinez and possibly Amrabat - all players he knew. Which is fine to a point, but it limits your scope.

I dont know why Ten Hag focused in on Mount. For that position, he could have gone for one of his old boys in Kudus.

Mount has become the fall guy for our early season form. He’s not the problem, it’s our inability to sign the right players in two important positions on the pitch. And the reason for this is penny pinching. This is all on Glazers-Mount will be fine if the gaping hole in the middle is patched up

He's getting the blame for us not signing a fit striker. Let's get him 6 months before labelling him the Cockney Kleberson

He would look the part in City's system. There is no fluidity or cohesion in the way we play.

He's getting the blame for us not signing a fit striker. Let's get him 6 months before labelling him the Cockney Kleberson

Exactly. This is not on Mason Mount. The problems are already there.. we have one decent forward, playing out of position (and is v frustrated because of it).

Give the guy some time, don't blame him for other things outside of his control.

I dont know what to say but players especially garnacho,shaw,antony just ignored him despite asking for balls. He isnt dribbling two three players and create chance type. If players ignored to pass the ball to him he will be useless.

He's an average, basic player lads.

At no point has any United fan looked at Chelsea and coveted Mount. We all laughed at them when they tried to rate him or defend him, he's very average, has zero standout ability, he's not fast, he's not skillful, he's not creative, he's not clinical, he's just 6/10 on everything.

At no point has any United fan looked at Chelsea and coveted Mount. We all laughed at them when they tried to rate him or defend him, he's very average, has zero standout ability, he's not fast, he's not skillful, he's not creative, he's not clinical, he's just 6/10 on everything.

Tend to agree.

The question is though, why has he been signed?

He would look the part in City's system. There is no fluidity or cohesion in the way we play.
This is true. No matter who we bring in they’ll turn to shit in this team with the system and tactics we’re using. I’m more pissed now than I was after the Brentford game last season. At least then it was a new manager with a new team, but 12 months on and little has changed. We can be brilliant, but all too often we stink and we’re way off the level we want to be at.

Exactly. This is not on Mason Mount. The problems are already there.. we have one decent forward, playing out of position (and is v frustrated because of it).

Give the guy some time, don't blame him for other things outside of his control.
I don't think you have bad forwards but just failed to connect with other team mates. Had plenty of promising positions but wasted it with brain-dead moments.

I disagree. Mount can play, he's an intelligent and talented player.. a good attacking midfielder. He makes differences in games.. give him a chance! Look at the team he has joined!

Give the lad a chance. Cannot direct any frustration at him... give him some time, he deserves at least that.

Shouldn't have got 77, let alone 7. Waste of money

Mount has become the fall guy for our early season form. He’s not the problem, it’s our inability to sign the right players in two important positions on the pitch. And the reason for this is penny pinching. This is all on Glazers-Mount will be fine if the gaping hole in the middle is patched up
That gaping hole is there partly because of him. Because he's not the sort of midfielder we need next to Casemiro and Bruno.

Haha how on earth is this the glazers
What utter rubbish, they can blame for lots but they allowed Eric to bring in his players, it’s the managers fault not theirs

Exactly. We look terrible in the market because everyone we sign turns to shit in what looks like a team that's never met each other before. Really thought ETH would see the end of that.

The problem is not so much mount himself. It's that we prioritised him over genuine central midfielders who would have stopped us being overrun. He is a luxury when we have so many holes in the team

I disagree. Mount can play, he's an intelligent and talented player.. a good attacking midfielder. He makes differences in games.. give him a chance! Look at the team he has joined!

Give the lad a chance. Cannot direct any frustration at him... give him some time, he deserves at least that.
Fair enough but every Chelsea fan I know told me he would be a non-entity and low and behold...

What utter rubbish, they can blame for lots but they allowed Eric to bring in his players, it’s the managers fault not theirs

Why are they letting manager after manager buy players - they let Moyes buy who he wanted, Van Gaal, Mourinho. You're seeing a pattern? While other clubs have sophisticated set-ups, we're sticking with trusting one man. It worked in the Ferguson / Wenger era, but that's good good enough now. We're behind the times, have been for over a decade now. Of course that's on the Glazers. Who else?

Why are they letting manager after manager buy players - they let Moyes buy who he wanted, Van Gaal, Mourinho. You're seeing a pattern? While other clubs have sophisticated set-ups, we're sticking with trusting one man. It worked in the Ferguson / Wenger era, but that's good good enough now. We're behind the times, have been for over a decade now. Of course that's on the Glazers. Who else?
I’m happy with a manager signing players, the final say should always be with the manager

I’m happy with a manager signing players, the final say should always be with the manager

The issue is that the club has no clue which players to go for or which players we want to target and expect to be ehr ein 5 years, because we have no plan. Our plan by default is to give the manager the say and he targets whoever he wants. That should not be the case. We should target players that we see as United players (whatever that may be internally), and then consult with the manager who would fit with him as well. By sacking ETH, we target a manager that suits the club and the players, since we picked them up to our philosophy.

On Mason Mount, we just bought him because ETH wanted him. Once sacked, the next manager could just as well sell him. Nobody in the club has a clue about him and what we should do with him and he fits our profile, only ETH wanted him. Same for all the players we bought since Fergie. It is just a big waste of money.

Fair enough but every Chelsea fan I know told me he would be a non-entity and low and behold...
And plenty of football fans though Haaland would make City worse, then they won the treble...
It's very easy to just throw out a negative opinion because the vast majority of the time nobody really remembers it a year down the line if you're wrong.
It's also been 2 games and he's not been the worst player or midfielder in either game. The team just isn't functioning properly atm, now he obviously plays a part in that but the stuff in these threads is pretty embarrassing.

And plenty of football fans though Haaland would make City worse, then they won the treble...
It's very easy to just throw out a negative opinion because the vast majority of the time nobody really remembers it a year down the line if you're wrong.
It's also been 2 games and he's not been the worst player or midfielder in either game. The team just isn't functioning properly atm, now he obviously plays a part in that but the stuff in these threads is pretty embarrassing.

Are you comparing mount to haaland? 90% of people knew haaland would make city unbeatable. 70% knew mount was an average player

Granted he looked a lot better today in the first half but I still don’t see it with him. He’s an average Steady Eddie who has been lucky to get breaks under Frank Lampard at Derby and Chelsea. Nothing about him screams World Class, or that we should’ve parted with the best part of £60 million for him.

Chelsea must’ve been laughing all the way to the bank as we funded their purchase of Lavia.

Granted he looked a lot better today in the first half but I still don’t see it with him. He’s an average Steady Eddie who has been lucky to get breaks under Frank Lampard at Derby and Chelsea. Nothing about him screams World Class, or that we should’ve parted with the best part of £60 million for him.

Chelsea must’ve been laughing all the way to the bank as we funded their purchase of Lavia.
Oh yeah? can we not sell him before the window shuts hasn't shown anything at all in 2 games obviously a dud.

The issue is that the club has no clue which players to go for or which players we want to target and expect to be ehr ein 5 years, because we have no plan. Our plan by default is to give the manager the say and he targets whoever he wants. That should not be the case. We should target players that we see as United players (whatever that may be internally), and then consult with the manager who would fit with him as well. By sacking ETH, we target a manager that suits the club and the players, since we picked them up to our philosophy.

On Mason Mount, we just bought him because ETH wanted him. Once sacked, the next manager could just as well sell him. Nobody in the club has a clue about him and what we should do with him and he fits our profile, only ETH wanted him. Same for all the players we bought since Fergie. It is just a big waste of money.
I mean signing a player because the manager wants him is a very strong reason
Lots of managers walk out the door if they don’t get their star man

Not really, he got 1 signing

If they didn't, you'd complain they don't trust the manager.

Are you comparing mount to haaland? 90% of people knew haaland would make city unbeatable. 70% knew mount was an average player
Yes, that's exactly what I did...
I was pointing out that people constantly speak negatively about signings because nobody really cares if they are wrong. It's the easiest thing to do.

Exactly this. Mount seems to be the latest scapegoat for all issues for some posters. Now that De Gea and Maguire are not blaming they need to target someone else.

This "Glazers!" gig is getting old.

We've reportedly spent around 180 million this summer. The manager wanted Mount when plenty of people, including on this forum raised their eyebrows and said he's not the right profile/what we need.

Exactly this. Mount seems to be the latest scapegoat for all issues for some posters. Now that De Gea and Maguire are not blaming they need to target someone else.
Those two players rightfully deserved scorn and needed replacing. Mount is not to blame for ETH's bad tactics, but he has also done NOTHING. Sancho levels of invisibility.

Do you remember Haalands first 2 PL games?

Another shit signing on ETH.

We need a director of football, someone needs to be telling the manager, no.

Antony and Mount are too massive wastes of money.