Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

Definitely a high target! He's had one season like that before so in the right system its a good target to set. If we have any chance of winning the title he and the rest of the team will need to be hitting lofty targets like that.

22/23: 3g 2a
21/22: 11g 10a
20/21: 6g 5a
19/20: 7g 5a

For contrast, Bruno:
8g 8a
10g 6a
18g12a (nuts)
Winning the title is also a pipe dream. With this team there is no way we are challenging. Let’s not get our hopes up. Top 4 again is a realistic target.

Bizarre signing. Imagine signing more deadwood on a 5 year contract as your priority signing. Could have signed him on a free if we waited 12 months, too? Mental.

He was plainly shite at Chelsea, the stats brigade and football experts came out and told us how he was made for ETH’s system. Turns out the eye test doesn’t fail and he is indeed just a limited footballer, we may as play with ten men with this guy in midfield.

He was plainly shite at Chelsea, the stats brigade and football experts came out and told us how he was made for ETH’s system. Turns out the eye test doesn’t fail and he is indeed just a limited footballer, we may as play with ten men with this guy in midfield.
He was plainly shite for Chelsea AND England. Don't forget about his woeful England showings, me old chum.

I've never seen anyone but Chelsea fans rated him
The fact that we have manager and scouting team backed up this signing, says everything about this club. Hope new oowner bins every feckers

Why did we buy him? There was a reason he didn’t play his last season at Chelsea, he’s fe+king hopeless, non existent, I preferred seeing McTom at least he put himself about.

He’s on a hiding for nothing really, he doesn’t address any of the current issues and he’s entered into a team with many issues but he’s eaten up important budget.

He may seem a good signing in time but now he’s gonna get all the stick by just being a United player.

So it turns out he’s not a central midfielder. Insert shocked face.

Seems like the only person that didn’t know that was ETH.

Apparently a third of his goals/assists came against Norwich that season he played well. Stats just don’t tell you anything. He’s not what we needed and we’ve fecked up by bringing him here.

Why did we buy him? There was a reason he didn’t play his last season at Chelsea, he’s fe+king hopeless, non existent, I preferred seeing McTom at least he put himself about.
If there is a definition of a mediocre player. It is Mount. We knew what we were getting, we cant moan now.

I'd be prepared to take him back from you for a straight swap for Cucurella or Lukaku. Actually both of them.

The Chelsea Lingard.

Always seemed a curious signing and no reason to think anything different yet.

Feel like Mount and Anthony will be looked back on as the fall of Ten Hag. Big money signings that will end up doing nothing to develop the team, when the money could have been used to plug more significant holes.

Hope I'm wrong

A downgrade on mcfred. Can't believe I'm saying anyone can be that, but he is. Nothing in attack, nothing in defence, no physicality. He is proving me right.

Yes. He was injured for most of it.
Dont worry - he is only on £300k a week for the next 5 years.

140mil dedicated to a player that doesn't seem to fit in the team.

He's literally not.

He’s been playing crap for about 18 months which is why the fee was a rip off.

He’s potentially a good player but I’m not sure will be in this role.

He’s been playing crap for about 18 months which is why the fee was a rip off.

He’s potentially a good player but I’m not sure will be in this role.
Fee was so much because Chelsea wanted to keep him.

How cant Murtough not say to Eric that Mount shouldn't be a priority? How can anyone with eyes not see that this was a silly signing?

It's not Mount that I have a problem with, it's why we actually signed him when the profile I don't think works, maybe by seasons end i'll be proved wrong but..

If we wanted to play two 8's why didn't we sign a more phyical and dominating one that's good with the ball, it's not like they don't exist. I don't see how we're trying to play with Mount, we have no control in the middle and any midfielder with a semblance of physical ability continues to breeze past our players like they aren't even there.

More likely because they knew we’d ultimately overpay. It’s not the same level of insanity as the Hojlund fee but it was still overpaying for a back up number 10 with a year left on his contract.

He looks lost. He is not suited in the double pivot / 6 role. No physical presence, he doesn't show for the ball and i saw him lose runners a few times today.

He would be a best as a 10, but we have that in Bruno.

Bizarre singing, especially given then price.

Look at the quality others have brought in for the same price - Szoboszlai and Tonali. And they will be on half of Mounts wages.

It's not Mount that I have a problem with, it's why we actually signed him when the profile I don't think works, maybe by seasons end i'll be proved wrong but..

If we wanted to play two 8's why didn't we sign a more phyical and dominating one that's good with the ball, it's not like they don't exist. I don't see how we're trying to play with Mount, we have no control in the middle and any midfielder with a semblance of physical ability continues to breeze past our players like they aren't even there.

Agree. Szoboszlai and Tonali look much better suited.

Whatever the reason he’d been playing poorly for 18 months and had a year on his contract, shouldn’t have paid what we did.

He may still turn out a very good player bit probably instead of not alongside Bruno.

When ETH is sacked he’ll be another piece of deadwood that we can’t shift. I don’t see how he’s any more use to us than DVB