Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 hours after a player completed the medical to announce the signing. The club is literally slow at everything it does.

In some countries, select matches and highlights reels from top leagues are broadcasted for free.
If the local stations can't afford EPL, they go La Liga, Series A, bundesliga, and so on.
People like me watch because we lack disposable income for better entrainments.

Dom Szoboszlai is one of those that has caught the eye of many.
From YouTube videos and testimonies of footballing people, he's also got a good head between his shoulders and work very hard.
Being captain for club and country at 22 is a major green flag.
If he's English, he'll be £100m signing, easy.
Liverpool getting him for 60m and less than half of Mount's salary is superb bit of business.
Please get back to tell me how Dom Szoboszlai performs in about 2 months.

You guys are unreal. You even got him a nickname, Dom ffs :lol:

you're fuking mental....Carrick was an absolutely brilliant player. He was a close of an english player as you could find that compared to Busquets and we all know how vital Busquets has been for spain and barca.
It’s a parody of what was being said at the time about carrick. It now mimics what done are saying about mount

Too short, will struggle to handle it in this league... :D
181cm, Licha listed as 175cm

He recreated it a few years ago. I’m actually surprised he doesn’t score more free kicks when he’s usually so good at set piece deliveries.

Yeah, absolutely ridiculous, isn't it? :lol:

Yeah, we also should do similar PR thing. Mount would have been 120 million plus player but we got him for 55 million. We got him for great price.

In some countries, select matches and highlights reels from top leagues are broadcasted for free.
If the local stations can't afford EPL, they go La Liga, Series A, bundesliga, and so on.
People like me watch because we lack disposable income for better entrainments.

Dom Szoboszlai is one of those that has caught the eye of many.
From YouTube videos and testimonies of footballing people, he's also got a good head between his shoulders and work very hard.
Being captain for club and country at 22 is a major green flag.
If he's English, he'll be £100m signing, easy.
Liverpool getting him for 60m and less than half of Mount's salary is superb bit of business.

Who gives a feck about wages?! If he's successful you can bet the whispy moustache you no doubt own that he'll be banging on Klopp's door for a pay rise within a year anyway.

Exactly. People getting carried away with we have been ripped off etc... Its actually a fair price.

Its quite interesting that the United fans who are moaning about this, saying he isn't a world beater etc... also complain when we go spend £90m on players who get us all excited but don't actually do much.

Mount is exactly what United need, a system player for a system manager.

Yeah obviously I can’t tell United fans what to think. Most will have watched him enough to form their own opinions so it’s fair enough if they don’t rate him.

I obviously love the player and think he’s excellent but I guess it’s just gonna be a case of judging for themselves when he starts playing. I think a lot will end up appreciating him.

Last edited:
Chelsea’s attacking players over the last few years must have been really bad if Mount has the best attacking stats.
But then hardly surprising for a team which mostly plays with 5 at the back.

Who's that? MacAllister, currently of Liverpool and formerly of Brighton is the hipster choice and is massively overrated. Time will tell, but Mount is a better player, imo.

Our fans have this obsession with Liverpool targets and purchases. It's almost as if they lower expectations so they can feel better when their players flop and ours succeed.

I am honestly surprised that so many people think Mount is better than Szoboszlai and/or Nkunku.

Time will tell, I guess, let us hope I am wrong.

I’m so bloody excited with him in our team. He will be game changer for us offensively and defensively. I’m sure he would surprise a lot of people how good he’s gonna be for us under ten hag. I have got no doubt about this signing. Zero.

Make up a hypothetical scenario and conclude how he would have been a 100 minion player, and then celebrate for signing him for bargain price.

Apparently all Liverpool players are paid peanuts and their wage bill is as big as ManUtd's.
No need hypothetical, Bellingham went for £115m as 20 y.o.
His stat was 14G/7A in 47 apss, while Szobosz was 10G/13A in 46 apps.
Do you think Jude will break that £100m barrier if he wasn't English.
Even Kvaratskhelia (14G/17A in 42) doesn't command that kind of fee.
Both Szobosz and Kvaratskhelia are their respective country's best player.
The less said about Mount's last season, the better.
Claiming he's £70m player is delusional, let alone £100m

It's alright to accept that United has had to pay through the nose more often than not, you guys can afford it
Most likely the only club who can do it over and over again outside the oil-state clubs.
Be merry as the most successful club commercially in the world.

Last edited:
I am honestly surprised that so many people think Mount is better than Szoboszlai and/or Nkunku.

I'm not Mount's biggest fan, but he objectively is better than Szoboszlai. He's played at a higher level than he ever has. Nkunku is a different player completely.

Who's comparing him to Nkunku? That's just stupid. Totally different player and role.

Who's that? MacAllister, currently of Liverpool and formerly of Brighton is the hipster choice and is massively overrated. Time will tell, but Mount is a better player, imo.
They aren’t even similar style players. It’s a redundant comparison for me: ETH has gone for the type that he feels that he needs for his system

Status
Not open for further replies.