Mary Earps | signs for PSG

You do realise that Earps plays for England through club form right?

Sir Jim said he would get to the laides team next, he was telling it like it is.

Crediting England performances to the club is special to say the least.

Why should a top level player hang around and waste years of their career whilst the club prioritise other things?

You really don’t see the common denominator when six key players have left the club inside one year? Hmm, perhaps there’s something wrong with how the club operates.

I don't doubt there is but maybe show some loyalty like Toone has instead of making shit up when the truth is you just want to get paid.

And why exactly should our star players in their prime stick around on low wages waiting for that day the owners actually start looking into the women’s team? When they can go and fight for the Champions League elsewhere.

You don't know what we've offered them or what they earn?

If Russo had stuck around she'd have won a cup.

Crediting England performances to the club is special to say the least.

Why should a top level player hang around and waste years of their career whilst the club prioritise other things?

What the feck are you on about? I said they get selected for England through club form.

Is challenging for the league and cup a waste of a career?

Both pleyers have left for the money and given flakey excuses blaming the club.

Good riddance, get players who want to be here.

You don't know what we've offered them or what they earn?

If Russo had stuck around she'd have won a cup.

It’s been pretty well established that we offered both Russo and Earps around 50% of what other clubs were offering them. Then during the last week of Russo’s contract we got closer to those figures. Too little, too late.

She won a cup with Arsenal.

It’s been pretty well established that we offered both Russo and Earps around 50% of what other clubs were offering them. Then during the last week of Russo’s contract we got closer to those figures. Too little, too late.

All rumours, I doubt we would have turned down 500k for Russo if we were only offering her half.

All rumours, I doubt we would have turned down 500k for Russo if we were only offering her half.

We probably had confidence she would sign an extension. Baseless confidence but still. I actually applaude the club for refusing the bid as we were fighting for a league title at that time.

And several of the most reliable journos in the women’s game said that regarding the wage issue. But if you want to call them rumours, so be it.

We won more than arsenal and russo last year.

Arsenal won the conti cup and made the champions league as they finished in front of us in the league.

We won the FA-cup and did not make the champions league. I would call that a draw or perhaps a slight favor of Arsenal.

Arsenal won the conti cup and made the champions league as they finished in front of us in the league.

We won the FA-cup and did not make the champions league. I would call that a draw or perhaps a slight favor of Arsenal.

Definitely, especially going forward. Easier to attract top players.

What the feck are you on about? I said they get selected for England through club form.

Is challenging for the league and cup a waste of a career?

Both pleyers have left for the money and given flakey excuses blaming the club.

Good riddance, get players who want to be here.

You said United made her a star, to which I replied that her star status came from England performances, then you turned around and said she only gets pick for England because of her club performances.

If you want to keep moving goalposts and then scream “what the feck are you talking about”, then the trail is there clear as day to connect the dots and see you’re talking complete nonsense.

You said United made her a star, to which I replied that her star status came from England performances, then you turned around and said she only gets pick for England because of her club performances.

If you want to keep moving goalposts and then scream “what the feck are you talking about”, then the trail is there clear as day to connect the dots and see you’re talking complete nonsense.

I give up, you're twisting the argument.

It’s quite funny to see the extent people are bending over backwards to defend every little thing that Jim says or does. Like I get it, he’s not a glazer orc, and a lot of people got really invested on his side in the Jim Vs Jassim battle, but that’s really no reason to just blindly support whatever he says or does and try to explain it away as something good.

Quite nauseating to see. The manner in which Ratcliffe is trying to become the face of our club is, too.

Disgraceful treatment of the women's side.

Her career definitely took an upturn after signing with us, but we didn't pluck her out of nowhere - she was called up for the 2019 World Cup before having played a game for us. Owes us nothing at this point, don't blame her for having the ambition our decision-makers lack.

Oh I am. Especially behind the team. Doesn’t mean that I blindly support every decision they make. Or lack thereof in this case. As a fan I demand better for our women’s team.

We can't be held to ransom by players who we have put on the map in the first place and had their heads turned with no real intentions of renewing.

Russo and Earps have taken the piss, the mens team have suffered for years by giving out huge renewals.

Not really, I've just stood up for my club and gone against the grain.

It's called debating, you should think twice about calling people stupid.

Erm read my post again. I can’t find the word stupid anywhere.

We can't be held to ransom by players who we have put on the map in the first place and had their heads turned with no real intentions of renewing.

Russo and Earps have taken the piss, the mens team have suffered for years by giving out huge renewals.

How do you know what they are earning and what the other clubs have offered? You said yourself that those are just rumours. So what do you base your argument on when you say they are leaving for money?

From Charlotte Harpur in the Athletic…

“Earps is out of contract at United at the end of this month and the Women’s Super League side have offered the 31-year-old improved terms in a bid to keep her.

United’s offer represents a better package overall for Earps but finances are not a priority for the England international, who wants to compete for trophies at this stage in her career. United believe theirs is a strong offer but still expect Earps to leave at the end of this month.”

It seems it is nothing to do with the money but rather players are not enthused about the direction or ambition of the club for the team at this time.

How do you know what they are earning and what the other clubs have offered? You said yourself that those are just rumours. So what do you base your argument on when you say they are leaving for money?

I'm basing on what you lot tell me, I haven't got a clue what they earn.

I just keep reading that they can't be blamed for leaving because we only offer half.

I'm basing on what you lot tell me, I haven't got a clue what they earn.

I just keep reading that they can't be blamed for leaving because we only offer half.

That is where we started with Russo. Then as the season ended and she had made her decision we got close to what Arsenal were offering.

Most posters, including myself have said that they are leaving due to lack of ambition and direction at the club.

Not really, I've just stood up for my club and gone against the grain.

It's called debating, you should think twice about calling people stupid.

Nah you are standing up for Jim. And he is doing his best to make sure our women's team gets even further behind the competition.