Mary Earps | signs for PSG

Yeah, I know. No mention of the manager again, pity not thanking coaches who must have helped her be the goalkeeper she is. I suppose if she said coaches Skinner might think it includes him. I am probably more annoyed to be honest we have kept him than anything else. I always look at his interactions with Ella. It always looks like she doesn't like him too much. I know you don't have to like your boss, but there should be some respect there.

Yeah a bit surprised she didn’t mention Wilko (gk coach) but then again I suppose not everything has to be said publicly instead of privately. Out of some loyalty she perhaps didn’t want to thank one coach and leaving the other ones out.

But as you said it speaks volumes that the players don’t say a word about the manager/coaches.

Yeah a bit surprised she didn’t mention Wilko (gk coach) but then again I suppose not everything has to be said publicly instead of privately. Out of some loyalty she perhaps didn’t want to thank one coach and leaving the other ones out.

But as you said it speaks volumes that the players don’t say a word about the manager/coaches.
The players seem to have a rapport with the backroom staff, they seem happy celebrating with them, as I said some, maybe not all have an issue with the manager. Maybe he is not the sympathetic type, which when managing a women's team you have to be with some issues.

Transition is probably a more polite way of saying being in stasis or put on hold for a while as there's a new group running the club dissecting every aspect. Could be a few years until things get going on the United women's side as it'll probably tie into a new stadium and other plans for the area.

From not having a team to challenging for the league and winning an FA Cup, the people involved have done a very good job in a short space of time but the next step just isn't there and wasn't previously either. Time for players like Earps and Russo to move on and experience new things, not just United players but I notice a quick cycle of players elsewhere as the game grows players are looking to move to the US, mainland Europe and back to the UK.

Lucy Bronze hasn't spent much time at any club despite playing at better setups. Mainland europe and US hold a lot of attraction and seriousness for competition.

The comment about transition. That worries me a bit when not sure it should do. Shouldn't we be on an upwards trajectory, or a side still being built. Instead of that we are losing our best players and are either standing still or going backwards. Transition to me is when a great side ages and you are having to gradually replace them with younger more inexperienced players.
As far as Ineos is concerned, it seems clear that the ‘transition’ will be to a mid-table Championship team that nobody expects to compete, meaning it will be even easier to ignore in future.

Yeah, I know. No mention of the manager again, pity not thanking coaches who must have helped her be the goalkeeper she is. I suppose if she said coaches Skinner might think it includes him. I am probably more annoyed to be honest we have kept him than anything else. I always look at his interactions with Ella. It always looks like she doesn't like him too much. I know you don't have to like your boss, but there should be some respect there.

5K2Nwr9.png

Really not bothered about Mary leaving. I've watched her performances and they don't match the accolades.
Move on reds.

Really not bothered about Mary leaving. I've watched her performances and they don't match the accolades.
Move on reds.
She had a dip last year, but picked up again. Which is not unusual for goslkerper, or any player types really. But she is the kind that, even off form, brings so much to the mentality and aggressiveness to the team that she’s not the kind you let go unless she falls off De Gea style.

Either way, the point is not letting Mary leave. The point is being one step off the top of football, qualifying for the CL and winning the Cup, and then letting Alessia Russo, Ona Batlle, Katie Zelem, Vilde Bøe Risa, Nikita Parris, Lucia Garcia AND Mary Earps leave without contracts. All the while PFA calls Ratcliffe out for not treating players seriously.

Confirmed by both Earps and Ratcliffe to be intentional.

Bit rich when you’ve just gone and signed for Qatar owned PSG, they also have a terrible record of how players are treated. Worse in-fact

Bit rich when you’ve just gone and signed for Qatar owned PSG, they also have a terrible record of how players are treated. Worse in-fact
I'm not sure what she's said that's wrong there - unless there's something in the article they're quoting.

We all know that United are in a period of transition and we've been told by the owner that it's not a priority for the club.

I'd like to think that it will get better in time. There are a lot of "temporary" issues at the moment - from the training ground to the loss of talent on free transfers.

I think that in the end though United will come good on the pitch and off it. It's just that I can also understand why Mary can't wait for another maybe.

Maybe I worded that poorly. I meant that they have had a bunch of controversial stuff happen in the last few years as well as being owned by Qatar.

There was the incident with Hamraoui:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamraoui_case

And also the manager grabbed one of the players ass

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...ity-drama-crazy-season-scandal-PSG-Women.html

Ah okay thats fair enough. I never wanted us to be state owned so we agree there.
On the two incidents though, I think the club handled the first one poorly, but to be fair it is a highly unusual case.
On the second one they did the right thing and suspended the manager.

I still think PSG have invested in their womens team and are clearly trying to make it succeed, which has, so far, not been the case with United.

Ah okay thats fair enough. I never wanted us to be state owned so we agree there.
On the two incidents though, I think the club handled the first one poorly, but to be fair it is a highly unusual case.
On the second one they did the right thing and suspended the manager.

I still think PSG have invested in their womens team and are clearly trying to make it succeed, which has, so far, not been the case with United.
That's what sportswashing does.

That's what sportswashing does.

Yes? But i fail to see the point in pointing that out?
So because these guys do the right thing for the wrong reason we cant critizise United for not doing the right thing??

Yes? But i fail to see the point in pointing that out?
So because these guys do the right thing for the wrong reason we cant critizise United for not doing the right thing??
I'm fairly sure PSG don't sign or actively avoid trying to sign gay players. As well as them keeping the manager who the players complained about. Pretty bad look which IMO is worse than what we have here.

I'm fairly sure PSG don't sign or actively avoid trying to sign gay players.

First of all do you have any proof of that?

Second, how is that relevant to my point?

Simply because PSG do it for sportswashing reasons isnt an excuse for United to neglect the womens team.

I'm not sure what she's said that's wrong there - unless there's something in the article they're quoting.

We all know that United are in a period of transition and we've been told by the owner that it's not a priority for the club.

I'd like to think that it will get better in time. There are a lot of "temporary" issues at the moment - from the training ground to the loss of talent on free transfers.

I think that in the end though United will come good on the pitch and off it. It's just that I can also understand why Mary can't wait for another maybe.

I think there may be two different types of issues going on at United and PSG in terms of treatment of the women's team and ones which aren't really comparable and ones that don't necessarily make Earps hypocritical.

What's a big rich? Her saying she doesn't want to talk about it apart from she thinks the club will be brilliant?

First of all do you have any proof of that?

Second, how is that relevant to my point?

Simply because PSG do it for sportswashing reasons isnt an excuse for United to neglect the womens team.
Because that's relevant to my initial point. It is hypocritical of her to slate our owners when the owners of PSG are much worse and she's gone to get paid.

Because that's relevant to my initial point. It is hypocritical of her to slate our owners when the owners of PSG are much worse and she's gone to get paid.

But from a sporting point of view as a player with ambitions they arent much worse, quite the opposite in fact.

But from a sporting point of view as a player with ambitions they arent much worse, quite the opposite in fact.
That's got nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

She's criticising the ownership of Manchester United while going to PSG for a payday and taking from the Qataris who are worse.

That's got nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

She's criticising the ownership of Manchester United while going to PSG for a payday and taking from the Qataris who are worse.

Because you are conflating things. She isnt criticising United for their owners or morals but for lack of ambition.

Because you are conflating things. She isnt criticising United for their owners or morals but for lack of ambition.
I know. I'm not conflating.

I'm saying that she can hardly talk when she's compromising her morals to go and get a payday from the Qatari regime.

Also moving to PSG is not an ambitious move IMO. They are not that good and will continue to finish 2nd to Lyon.

Am I going crazy here? She's literally refusing to take a pop at United in that quote?

I'm saying that she can hardly talk when she's compromising her morals to go and get a payday from the Qatari regime.

Also moving to PSG is not an ambitious move IMO. They are not that good and will continue to finish 2nd to Lyon.

First she is refusing to talk so...

And again you are conflating morals with ambition. Well yes but that is still miles better than United so far.

First she is refusing to talk so...

And again you are conflating morals with ambition. Well yes but that is still miles better than United so far.
She was being diplomatic and using her words carefully.

She clearly wants to win things and get paid what she deserves. Fair enough. United's fault for showing no ambition. Find it bizarre how our fans try to shit on players when it should be directed at the club. Russo was the same.

According to the Athletic she would earn more by staying.

She clearly wants to win things and get paid what she deserves. Fair enough. United's fault for showing no ambition. Find it bizarre how our fans try to shit on players when it should be directed at the club. Russo was the same.
Completely agree. It’s a mindset with a particular part of the women’s fanbase.

Completely agree. It’s a mindset with a particular part of the women’s fanbase.

Without much evidence, it feels like it’s mainly those who don’t really follow the women’s team and what happens around that. You know, supporters who more or less only watch and support the men’s team without being aware or caring about what really goes on when it comes to the women’s team.

It is criminal that Russo, earps and zelem have all effectively been allowed to leave.

Zelem in particular is gutting for me, absolutely loved her, thought she was going to stay for her whole career.

With toone we had three England starters and zelem who is often around the team and now we only have toone left. You have to feel it will only be a matter of time until she leaves now too.

Without much evidence, it feels like it’s mainly those who don’t really follow the women’s team and what happens around that. You know, supporters who more or less only watch and support the men’s team without being aware or caring about what really goes on when it comes to the women’s team.

Don't think it's got anything to do with or is in any way exclusive women's football.