Mary Earps | signs for PSG

Don't think it's got anything to do with or is in any way exclusive women's football.

Just a feeling, could be wrong.

The contracts in the women’s game are shorter and free transfers happen a lot more regularly. Feels like some people are blaming the players as if they are running their contracts down and aiming to leave for free. As that’s the narrative often when male players do it. But it’s pretty obvious there are many other things going on behind the scenes, unfortunately. And those things are ignored or not known to fans who don’t really follow the women’s team. That’s what I meant by that.

Just a feeling, could be wrong.

The contracts in the women’s game are shorter and free transfers happen a lot more regularly. Feels like some people are blaming the players as if they are running their contracts down and aiming to leave for free. As that’s the narrative often when male players do it. But it’s pretty obvious there are many other things going on behind the scenes, unfortunately. And those things are ignored or not known to fans who don’t really follow the women’s team. That’s what I meant by that.
I understand what you mean. I just think you get that sort of reaction, myself included when anyone who is important leaves I think.

I understand what you mean. I just think you get that sort of reaction, myself included when anyone who is important leaves I think.

Guess you’re right. Just feels like every member here who actually follows the women’s team knows it’s deeper than just the player wanting more money etc.

I know. I'm not conflating.

I'm saying that she can hardly talk when she's compromising her morals to go and get a payday from the Qatari regime.

This kind of sweeping moral judgement is completely ridiculous at the best of times - made even worse by reports that United actually offered her more to stay!

Without much evidence, it feels like it’s mainly those who don’t really follow the women’s team and what happens around that. You know, supporters who more or less only watch and support the men’s team without being aware or caring about what really goes on when it comes to the women’s team.

I do wonder what the venn diagram, of supporters who are shitting on said players and supporters excusing INEOS for their handling of the womens team so far, looks like.