Martín Zubimendi | £51m release clause

Scousers in the mud :lol:

To be fair though he rejected Arsenal too, just doesn't want to come to England.

We should put a bit in just to take the piss Hahaha. He's being called the Spanish Scott Parker over on RAWK

The absolute state of the Hughes/Edwards to declare that there's no plan B and we simply won't sign anyone.

Promoted beyond their station.

Kind of called it in this thread a few days ago. I would've been shocked if he went to Liverpool.

You don't turn down multiple big offers from more attractive clubs that are better situated geographically as well, like Arsenal, Barcelona or Bayern, just to say yes to Liverpool who don't even have Klopp anymore. Liverpool has nowhere near the pull their fans believe they do, especially outside of the UK, and especially without Klopp.

If Zubimendi wants to leave Sociedad, better opportunities will arise in the future, all he needs to do is keep up the good performances.

Last edited:
When Liverpool knock it's a bit like that scene from Schindler"s list where they are hiding under the floorboards

As in a double pivot? I think Mac Allister and Szobozslai can work together. Szobozslai probably isn't great defensively but has the work ethic to get up and down the pitch and I rate Elliott and thought he had a good pre-season.

In my view, those 3 could work really well together but not sure what your manager is planning.
Szoboszlai could, but I think the idea is that he plays as a 10 in front of the double pivot, with Elliott the understudy.

The absolute state of the Hughes/Edwards to declare that there's no plan B and we simply won't sign anyone.

Promoted beyond their station.

I dont think Michael Edwards has anything to do with it as he doesnt work for Liverpool he works for FSG and his job is looking for other clubs for FSG to buy

I dont think Michael Edwards has anything to do with it as he doesnt work for Liverpool he works for FSG and his job is looking for other clubs for FSG to buy
Edwards is the one who looked as far as 1st connection on LinkedIn when it came to hiring a new DoF.

And you can be sure Hughes is taking his lead from Edwards in all this. Edwards isn't just looking for clubs to buy at FSG.

the "we won't sign another 6 now" stance is weird for sure. United would 100 percent feed the journalists that they are "relaxed and looking at other targets".

the "we won't sign another 6 now" stance is weird for sure. United would 100 percent feed the journalists that they are "relaxed and looking at other targets".
Doubly weird, given that we are the only club in the top five leagues who haven't signed a player yet this summer and the season starts on Saturday.

It must be very difficult to be Hughes, look for players to add to a squad so impossibly talented, only one player in one position could be identified as someone who would strengthen the team. And now there is nothing more to do. Our options exhausted. Oh well.

Doesn't seem to want to leave Spain at all, which is fair enough. Maybe Barcelona will find the money in a year or two once they get Williams.

Bellingham. Lavia. Caicedo. Zubimendi.
That Liverpool knock. Absolutely terrifying.

Doesn't seem to want to leave Spain at all, which is fair enough. Maybe Barcelona will find the money in a year or two once they get Williams.
He's already rejected them in the past

Pretty sure they won’t go for Ugarte. He doesn’t fit the style Slot wants to implement.

way to ruin the moment mate.

Oh. I'm still laughing at them getting turned down by midtable Spanyards, and that "when Liverpool knock" tweet is simply delicious.

It's just that all youtube club fan accounts are bellends - ours as much as anyones.

When did United bid for Zubimendi (based on that tweet)? :confused:
they didn't ... journalists like Ornstein do have reported that he's an option, but there has never been any real traction. Obviously just added us to the tweet to boast ... didn't age well, to say the least.

Oh. I'm still laughing at them getting turned down by midtable Spanyards, and that "when Liverpool knock" tweet is simply delicious.

It's just that all youtube club fan accounts are bellends - ours as much as anyones.
X/Twitter can be added to that. There are some awful Liverpool accounts on there. Makes mishaps in the window like this even more hilarious for everyone else, because there are Tweet's and videos to look back on.