Martín Zubimendi | £51m release clause

So have they sign him yet? I was told by the Caf that once they identify a target, they’ll swoop in and sign him within two days without fuss

Just hasn't happened like that for the last 2 summers, but yeah they are Summer Monsters!!

It's not missing out on him that bothers me, it's that we've waited until a week before the season starts to make any moves. You would think that getting a new manager for the first time since 2015 would've prompted a bit more proactivity.

Never rated him, etc.
cool-crying.png

It's not missing out on him that bothers me, it's that we've waited until a week before the season starts to make any moves. You would think that getting a new manager for the first time since 2015 would've prompted a bit more proactivity.
What's the general consensus among Liverpool fans this season, in terms of objectives? Looked pretty stale at the end of last season with Klopp.

Looking forward to our resident bedwetters enviously going on about how Liverpool always get their man in a smooth, efficient fashion with no transfer sagas etc again in a week or so.

They(scousers) might hijack Ugarte from us now. If they are looking for a DM, there isn't really anyone better who is available on the market.

Unlikely that the Reds go in for another No 6 this summer.

Hahahahaha :lol:

They don’t handle rejection very well. Curling up into a ball.

They(scousers) might hijack Ugarte from us now. If they are looking for a DM, there isn't really anyone better who is available on the market.
Nah. Slot wants a baller in that position. Endo isn't good enough in possession for him.

What's the general consensus among Liverpool fans this season, in terms of objectives? Looked pretty stale at the end of last season with Klopp.
Top 4 and a cup, or at least a decent cup run. Make it out of the CL group too. I don't expect us to compete for the title.

I think we ran out of steam last year. Not sure if that's down to the squad, Klopp, the emotion around him leaving etc. But we weren't as good as Arsenal and City, and I don't think we will be this season either.

I want to see a style of play and good football, which based on pre-season we will. But I've been burnt before.

Nah. Slot wants a baller in that position. Endo isn't good enough in possession for him.
Cant you just play Mac Allister there? He miles better than anyone you been linked with.

Cant you just play Mac Allister there? He miles better than anyone you been linked with.
I think the plan is to have mac Allister next to the new guy we aren't signing.

I think the plan is to have mac Allister next to the new guy we aren't signing.
As in a double pivot? I think Mac Allister and Szobozslai can work together. Szobozslai probably isn't great defensively but has the work ethic to get up and down the pitch and I rate Elliott and thought he had a good pre-season.

In my view, those 3 could work really well together but not sure what your manager is planning.

This is proper amateur stuff from Liverpool and something that would and has happened to us under the Glazer ownership.