Marcus Rashford (Out) | Ornstein: United want to keep, will only consider substantial bids

The Sun and probably the Guardian.

multiple news sources saying United now open to selling after a 'breakdown in relationship with Ten Hag'

This so called breakdown in relationship hasnt come out of nowhere overnight.. Its pretty clear hes been waiting for Ten Hag to get the sack, and now that hasnt happened, the club happy to get rid. Rightly so too

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...-talk-man-utd-eye-rashford-exit-ten-hag-split

Ok, Thanks. I can't find anything in the Guardian but The Sun is not a credible source for anything. It's obvious he was struggling for his form and motivation last season but these just feel like the usual media attempts to destabilise us/him. I really can't see us selling him this summer although I'm sure he's aware that this season will be do or die for his United career.

If ETH "deserves" another chance, then Rashford surely does also as he is mainly responsible for ETH success in his first season.

If we do move him on I suspect we will regret it, he has talent, the right manager will maximise this and get a top drawer player,

If we are considering a sale the main reason is that Rashford is one of our few attractive players, one of a very few of our players who could reasonable achieve decent market value (add to that he is homegrown so pure profit), Bruno, Garnacho, Martinez, Mainoo... maybe Hoijlund would probably be the others who would actually be saleable at anywhere near a decent price IMO anyone else we will have to discount to get them out of the door

To get a replacement that has the same ceiling will be expensive (the floor not so much :))

Of course he was world class.
Fat Ronaldo was the only better striker in world football at that time.
Batistuta was also better than Shearer, Raul was better too, but that’s about it.
And that was in an era where finding a great striker was like shooting fish in a barrel.
Also, Ronaldo ain’t fat, he’s curvy and wonderful.

We'd be absolutely bonkers to sell him to them, obviously. Won't happen, thankfully.
Won’t happen, and I would prefer if he went abroad, but I wouldn’t lose any sleep over him going to Arsenal either, for the right fee of course.

The thing is, the “spine” of the likes of Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and even Bruno, probably won’t be a part of the next great Manchester United team.
Not because they’re not good players, they’ve been through too much.
They’ve been battered by our rivals too many times to count, pounded by the media, failed, were part of some of the worst United teams in living memory, they’ve been through too many managers, a poor footballing structure, a terrible dressing room culture, its too much.

INEOS according to reports said that the only players who are not for sell are Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund, its not just because they’re young, I believe its also because their soul is pure and still in tact, they haven’t embarrassed the club getting obliterated 0-5 and 0-7 by Liverpool in back to back seasons.

Out of all those players that I mentioned, I believe only Bruno can be a part of the next great Manchester United team, if he could play in a deeper role well into his 30’s, perhaps in a older Scholes type of role.

Rashford has been pushed to a talisman figure at Manchester United, by the club, the same role that was previously occupied by the likes of Best, Charlton, Robson, Cantona, Beckham and Giggs, RvN, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.
Marcus Rashford was never that level of talent nor he had the mentality.
Pogba had the talent but not the mentality to occupy that role, Greenwood had the talent too but the less said about him, the better.

Oh no how ever will we replace his non existent output and non existent work ethic? Who else is going to let players just jog past him in a way only our Marcus could?

Hey INEOS, since you lot want to save money on wages, why not start with this lazy fecker and his 400k per week? Oh and whilst you're at it, ship his mate Sancho out with him.
We can replace that version of Rashford no problem, but we have to replace him with the version of Rashford we thought we had. Otherwise we're still a long way off the require quality.

I agree. I will be gutted if he goes to a PL team and finds his shooting boots again.

I am not a fan of his for sulking and throwing his toys out of pram. Esp considering Sancho wanted to play on Left.

Utd know this is a real possibility, which also tells us Utd know this dip in form is due to attitude and not down to ability.

If it was down to ability they would be fine letting him go to anyone else in the PL.. But they know rightly he'll change his attitude and be effective for someone else (for as long as he could be bothered anyway)

We might as well keep this lazy git as well, since we're keeping the failed manager. Standards FC.

On his day he is absolutely fantastic. Watching Foden on the left for England has reminded me how electric he can be down the flank and England are missing his penetration and threat.

If he can't pick it up this season I suspect we will then move him on somewhere else. Want it to work out for him though, good player all in all. Not sure who we could sign to replace the skill set that he brings to the team when he's in form.

I'm questioning how much of United's interest in Ugarte may be linked to pumping PSG with some funds to, in turn, sign Rashford. Positive for all parties?

If Marcus leaves, the biggest decision United have to make is about Garnacho. His development has happened quicker than expected, and he's shown moments of being capable at the highest level. But does he guarantee you 15-20 league goals next season? That's a considerable jump from 7 PL goals last season.

Would you prefer a young LW to compete with Garnacho, or an established winger guaranteed to contribute?

With these new reports of a breakdown in relationship with Ten Hag, its obvious this isnt really breaking news at this stage... Its pretty clear Marcus is one of these reported players that was sitting around all summer waiting to see if EtH got the sack so they could decide to start playing again.. (him and his d*ckhead mate Jadon)

Ill stick with what i said a long time ago, that any player willing to sit about waiting to see if another manager gets the boot , should be shown the door asap. Exactly the type of player we need shot of. Dont care who you are or what your name is. Absolute awful attitude to have
multiple news sources saying United now open to selling after a 'breakdown in relationship with Ten Hag'

This so called breakdown in relationship hasnt come out of nowhere overnight.. Its pretty clear hes been waiting for Ten Hag to get the sack, and now that hasnt happened, the club happy to get rid. Rightly so too

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...-talk-man-utd-eye-rashford-exit-ten-hag-split
Stop agenda posting it doesn't take much to whip people up in here. Unless you know that he's been sitting around waiting for the manager to get sacked?

Very also surprising how this news of a feud come in just as ETH signs the extension.

Either the feud stuff is not true and it's media nonsense or Rashford's PR games have started.

He is anyway not worth the trouble. Get rid if we get a chance to offload his stupid wages.

On his day he is absolutely fantastic. Watching Foden on the left for England has reminded me how electric he can be down the flank and England are missing his penetration and threat.

If he can't pick it up this season I suspect we will then move him on somewhere else. Want it to work out for him though, good player all in all. Not sure who we could sign to replace the skill set that he brings to the team when he's in form.
If he doesn't do well this season, we won't be able to sell him at all.

• 8th place in the league
  • Bizarre tactics
  • 20-30 shots on our goal every match
  • Negative goal difference for MANCHESTER UNITED
Winning a cup shouldn't be enough for us when this is the rest of the season.
We could make a bigger list for Rashford.

Thoughts if Arsenal come for him?
I think that - after the Sanchez and Ronaldo signings, which I believe were partly done to scupper City from getting them, I don't care whom we sell to. Doesn't matter if it strengthens a rival. The goal should be building your team.

He can only be sold if we signed someone of real quality. When I look at our prospective line ups for next season, if we did sell Rashford, we'd be extremely light on attacking quality.

Williams/Kvara

His job is the score goals. Without his goals ten hag probably woudln't have had a second season.

His job is to score goals and create and he had multiple seasons where he has been subpar 2 out of the last 3 seasons too

His job is the score goals. Without his goals ten hag probably woudln't have had a second season.
First, it isn't just that. Second, he's been shit at doing that in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

Williams/Kvara
Williams would be good, but probably not the output we'd need to be replacing to get back to the top. Kvara might be a bit too dear to do a deal. I'd probably look at someone like Eze or Simons.

His job is to score goals and create and he had multiple seasons where he has been subpar 2 out of the last 3 seasons too
First, it isn't just that. Second, he's been shit at doing that in 2 of the last 3 seasons.
I dont disagree with that but am surprised when people think a player has more responsibilities (and failings) than the actual manager of a team

I dont disagree with that but am surprised when people think a player has more responsibilities (and failings) than the actual manager of a team

Did I say that?
This is the Rashford thread, and I was pointing out that Rashfords rap sheet of shitness is longer than Ten Hags, especially when it spans multiple seasons and multiple managers.
Regardless of who the manager is Rashford just has not been good enough and a purple season he had (under the management of Ten Hag btw) does not mask his failings

Stop agenda posting it doesn't take much to whip people up in here. Unless you know that he's been sitting around waiting for the manager to get sacked?

no agenda posting there. Simply pointing out what appears obvious regarding the situation.

theres been reports since well before the end of last season on certain players holding tight on their futures to see if the manager goes. It doesnt take a genius to see who this would be really, considering the timing when the manager is getting set to get a new contract. :confused:

• 8th place in the league
  • Bizarre tactics
  • 20-30 shots on our goal every match
  • Negative goal difference for MANCHESTER UNITED
Winning a cup shouldn't be enough for us when this is the rest of the season.
This is the Rashford thread

Did I say that?
This is the Rashford thread, and I was pointing out that Rashfords rap sheet of shitness is longer than Ten Hags, especially when it spans multiple seasons and multiple managers.
Regardless of who the manager is Rashford just has not been good enough and a purple season he had (under the management of Ten Hag btw) does not mask his failings

I fundamentally disagree with this. The reality is that he clearly is “good enough”. He’s a difference maker at the very highest level and the type of player who looks fantastic in a well-organised and managed team. The only time he has looked poor is when Rangnick and ETH have completely destroyed the confidence in the squad as a whole.

Having watched Kane, Saka and Foden, three players who no one would dispute are world class, look like imposters in a dysfunctional England team, I’d have thought there might be a bit of a realisation on this forum that, perhaps, players’ performance levels is influenced by the tactics and manager. Rashford, and the rest of our team, were badly served by the management/coaching team and that needs to change this season.

That’s not to say Rashford doesn’t himself need to do better. He clearly needs to do better at maintaining his own performance levels regardless of the state of the team and anything else going on around him. If there is an issue with ETH (which would be troubling as that would be Varane, Casemiro, Rashford and Sancho who have all had issues with him in a fairly short time-frame), he (and ETH) need to put them behind them and work together to make next season a success. I’m confident Rashford will do his part if ETH builds a successful team.

He looked completely uninterested last year. I think he’s the type of player who usually needs great players around him to really shine. If the team is sub-par and looking to him to carry them there’s going to be massive disappointment. If he goes to PSG I think he tallies an impressive goal total. If he stays at United I think there’s probably only a slight improvement on last season.

Learn from the mistake of selling Welbz and don’t repeat it.

"Welbz" did nothing of note except game raise and celebrate wildly when he played against us. He is, at his most prolific, a 1 in 4 striker which is miles off good enough. He was not up to it here. Bambi on ice as soon as he got near the box. Weird take.

I fundamentally disagree with this. The reality is that he clearly is “good enough”. He’s a difference maker at the very highest level and the type of player who looks fantastic in a well-organised and managed team. The only time he has looked poor is when Rangnick and ETH have completely destroyed the confidence in the squad as a whole.

Having watched Kane, Saka and Foden, three players who no one would dispute are world class, look like imposters in a dysfunctional England team, I’d have thought there might be a bit of a realisation on this forum that, perhaps, players’ performance levels is influenced by the tactics and manager. Rashford, and the rest of our team, were badly served by the management/coaching team and that needs to change this season.

That’s not to say Rashford doesn’t himself need to do better. He clearly needs to do better at maintaining his own performance levels regardless of the state of the team and anything else going on around him. If there is an issue with ETH (which would be troubling as that would be Varane, Casemiro, Rashford and Sancho who have all had issues with him in a fairly short time-frame), he (and ETH) need to put them behind them and work together to make next season a success. I’m confident Rashford will do his part if ETH builds a successful team.

I mean he looked poor plenty of time under Jose (who said so plenty of times too) but lets pretend the issues only started when Rangnick came around, its not like he was not playing like crap under Ole before Rangnick even got here

Rashford is a good player; he is not an elite, undroppable player who cannot be replaced, and his last 3 seasons at the club as a whole have not been good enough, period.

If you actually review all his season at the club, he has not really had a period of longer than a season / 18 months of top level performance and he has been in the team 8-9 years.

I like Rashford but now we are saying its 3/4 managers (Jose, Ole, Rangnick, ETH) that have been the problem, and we don't credit those managers when he produces it makes zero sense.

At the same time, he was outperformed last season by Garnacho so he has zero excuses

My personal opinion is we will always be a team who only thrive in transitional play whilst Rashford is our main man. Has downed tools on multiple occassions now and uses some of his eye watering wages to fund his PR machine. I wouldn't be overly upset if he moved on.

Rinse them, 100m minimum
Arteta and Edu would be hounded out if they offered more than 1m for Rashford. Long may he stay your problem...

My personal opinion is we will always be a team who only thrive in transitional play whilst Rashford is our main man. Has downed tools on multiple occassions now and uses some of his eye watering wages to fund his PR machine. I wouldn't be overly upset if he moved on.
Completely agree. Honestly tired of his brain dead attempts at dribbling through 3 defenders from the wing instead of making the simple pass to the open player,