Marcus Rashford (Out) | Ornstein: United want to keep, will only consider substantial bids

Huh? The only reason we'd have to do that is if he went on loan somewhere, which isn't going to happen. What I meant was if he's sold any money we get would be profit because he's and academy player.
If he was sold, he'd look for a massive payoff to compensate him for the gap between his United wages and whatever he'd get elsewhere, otherwise he'd just say no to the move. So whilst a fee would be 100% PSR profit, we'd take a hit on an exit payment. He's got 50m left in outstanding wages, we'd probably have to pay him half that to get him to leave, wiping out much if not all of a transfer fee.

The reality is he's a busted flush, offering nothing on the pitch for a long time now, with four years left on a contract that's toxic to our ability to sell him.

We've completely missed the boat to get rid of him now. Too old for Chelsea and star too faded for Saudi or PSG.
I think the Saudi's would jump at the chance to sign him. He is still a big name in the football world.

That's blatantly incorrect. The only thing that's gone is his confidence, and I'm not surprised with the amount of hate he's got over the last year or so. If he tries to beat someone and doesn't, he gets pelters. If he doesn't try and beat someone, and recycles the ball, he gets pelters, so he's on a hiding to nothing. His lack of form has coincided with the break up of his relationship and the death of his cousin, which clearly knocked him mentally.

What he needs is a goal or two in consecutive games, be they penalties or otherwise, just to get his mojo back.
:lol:

To be fair. Rashford could have gotten plenty of goals if the United players could pass it right in the last few games. But he must have been told to stay wide a lot. He barely cuts in anymore.

To be fair. Rashford could have gotten plenty of goals if the United players could pass it right in the last few games. But he must have been told to stay wide a lot. He barely cuts in anymore.

That Bruno bit annoys me. An easy pass to Garnacho, followed by a sprint into the box would've caused some problems for Liverpool. The pass to Zirkzee was harder but also logical. Instead, he went for the nonsensical and ridiculously hard pass out wide to Rashford.

About Rashford, i think it's interesting that the OT crowd seems to have lost patience with him, judging by the groans and whistles when he refused to take on the defender and passed it back.

That Bruno bit annoys me. An easy pass to Garnacho, followed by a sprint into the box would've caused some problems for Liverpool. The pass to Zirkzee was harder but also logical. Instead, he went for the nonsensical and ridiculously hard pass out wide to Rashford.

About Rashford, i think it's interesting that the OT crowd seems to have lost patience with him, judging by the groans and whistles when he refused to take on the defender and passed it back.
I don't really think so if you look at what that pass would have achieved - Rashford running into the box, towards the goal, on his right foot. He should have been able to pull that pass off considering he was on his right foot, he just over ran it. When it comes off his foot, you can immediately tell that it was never matching rashford's run and also giving the defender every opportunity to intercept:

The CB tracking Zirkzee is running back towards goal and where the FB is, you could fit a jumbo jet through that gap to pass on your stronger foot. You need to be aiming it closer to where the CB is, Bruno just fecks it up.

That's blatantly incorrect. The only thing that's gone is his confidence, and I'm not surprised with the amount of hate he's got over the last year or so. If he tries to beat someone and doesn't, he gets pelters. If he doesn't try and beat someone, and recycles the ball, he gets pelters, so he's on a hiding to nothing. His lack of form has coincided with the break up of his relationship and the death of his cousin, which clearly knocked him mentally.

What he needs is a goal or two in consecutive games, be they penalties or otherwise, just to get his mojo back.
It’s not hate, it’s valid criticism. Any one who plays like he has over the past few seasons and with his attitude deserves all the criticism he gets. Yes it’s sad that a close relative of his has died, however that’s life and it happens to us all, if he doesn’t want to play then take sick leave.
Time for him to grow up and act like a man not a petulant teenager.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to wait for him to “get his mojo” back, it’s a damning indictment of his confidence that he turned down a 1vs1 against Konate bearing down on goal.

He gets criticism for his application and also his at times bizarre decision making for a player who is 27 years of age in just under two months, he is paid superstar wages and unfortunately when he performs like he has, he is going to get criticised.
That refusal to take someone on in a 1v1 is the most worrying thing.

He had a clean route down the left wing v Brighton too, but instead came back on himself and passed backwards.

The Konate situation ended up with the ball with the centre half.

And even that 90+ min situation v Fulham. He was spark through on goal and in form and confident 1-0 up with a min left he'd have curled it in without thinking.
Instead he laid a poor ball to Garnacho.

Watching that clip you could be mistaken for thinking we really took the game to Liverpool and just the final ball let us down!

Our attacking cohesion just absolutely sucks. It's like they've never played as teammates ever before.

A lot of those are to do with his bad positioning, I am not sure how he expects people to get the ball to him, hes not making much effort.

A lot of those are to do with his bad positioning, I am not sure how he expects people to get the ball to him, hes not making much effort.
Sorry but most of these are down to poor passes not Rashford's positioning, there are 4 simple passes that don't get anywhere near him

I don't really think so if you look at what that pass would have achieved - Rashford running into the box, towards the goal, on his right foot. He should have been able to pull that pass off considering he was on his right foot, he just over ran it. When it comes off his foot, you can immediately tell that it was never matching rashford's run and also giving the defender every opportunity to intercept:

The CB tracking Zirkzee is running back towards goal and where the FB is, you could fit a jumbo jet through that gap to pass on your stronger foot. You need to be aiming it closer to where the CB is, Bruno just fecks it up.

We’re all criticising him for the pass. But let’s be honest, if it was successful…it’s at the feet of Rashford! He’d probably stop still for a few seconds, and then roll it back to Dalot.

The pass was Zirkzee. He was ahead of the cb tracking his run