Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son at Spurs is on less than 200k a week, Mane at Liverpool was, Mahrez at City.

Even though he's just had a good season, I don't think that Rashford justifies getting wages on a par with the likes of Salah and De Bruyne, he's not THAT good.
Totally agree. We definitely should give him a 200k a week contract and say sign it or leave it. If he leaves big deal we'll easily find another LW who could score 30 goals a season on 200k a week anyway.

And there's that brilliant IQ showing its true colors. Nowhere did I say or even imply that I "hate" Rashford. I clearly stated that he has his obvious strengths. In fact, I've seen no "haters" in this thread. Only valid or fair criticism.

Rashford's dribbling has improved. But you can't really be paying much attention if you haven't noticed how many times he just runs straight into defenders, instead of picking a pass to a better positioned teammate.

"Angels and scum", you say. There again is your self-professed high level IQ applied to those who dare to have a nuanced view of your favorite player.
and theres your iq assesing him as my favourite player! I win! Bye! :drool:

Just the 30 goals and 11 assists last season, lazy bastard. Can't believe he's a terrible dribbler or something. He'll never make it here, especially considering he's definitely not going to get better and has no history of showing year on year improvement...

How anyone would watch that video and still say he's not a good enough dribbler is beyond me, what do you want Rashford to do become prime Ronaldinho?

If Rashford was playing for any other team that's not Manutd, some of you who are heavily critical of his dribbling, would be screaming at the club to buy him even if it's means spending up north of £150m by now.

Why can't you just appreciate him for the different profile of dribbler he is, like why??

Running with the ball is not dribbling.

Running with the ball AND dodging defenders, is dribbling.

So if you run up the pitch constantly touching the ball that's not dribbling? :lol:

Theory
Dribbling. Simply put, this phrase means staying on the ball while moving it around the pitch. Players can use different techniques to achieve this, like hiding and revealing.

Dribbling is an important skill to develop. It allows players to:

• run into space
  • manipulate the ball to stay 'on it'
  • change direction and skip past an opponent
  • help their team keep possession.
This was demonstrated in Euro 2020, where lots of English players, such as Jack Grealish and Jadon Sancho, made the most of this skill.

https://learn.englandfootball.com/articles/resources/2022/what-is-dribbling-in-football

For me there is no doubt he had talent and on his day is on fire. My issue is with having to pretend the weeks and months that go by where he looks dreadful until he hits a run of form again is consistent with being a top player and anyone who thinks it's a red flag isn't a 'propper red' because he's home grown and had Tweets composed for him about feeding kids

You can find Youtube videos of Joe Hart making saves low to his left. We must conclude this dispells the myth that this is a weakness in his game. Or does it not work like that?

I completely agree, although I'd argue that's because all of those players are being overpaid.

If you are using somebody like Sancho as a yard stick then much of the United squad should be on over £350k a week!

It's not just Sancho, any player playing for big club who contributed 35-40 goals + assists in 3 out of 4 seasons, on his final year of contract will get big wages. People are kidding themselves if they think it's not the case.

You can find Youtube videos of Joe Hart making saves low to his left. We must conclude this dispells the myth that this is a weakness in his game. Or does it not work like that?

Doesnt work like that.

I find Mbappe’s dribbling similar but better than Rashford’s - but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a similar style of dribbling where skill before pace and shooting is done because they are ultimately inverted forwards trying to do exactly that - score by beating the defender with skill and pace and getting in on goal.

Warning : at no point did I say Rashford is better than Mbappe.

Totally agree. We definitely should give him a 200k a week contract and say sign it or leave it. If he leaves big deal we'll easily find another LW who could score 30 goals a season on 200k a week anyway.

I assume this is sarcasm, however if we were "only" to offer him 200k a week again that would still be arguably his best offer from an English club.

It's not just Sancho, any player playing for big club who contributed 35-40 goals + assists in 3 out of 4 seasons, on his final year of contract will get big wages. People are kidding themselves if they think it's not the case.

It's a separate discussion but his numbers are inflated by Europa league and league cup stats. In the Premier league last season he scored 17 goals and got 5 assists. Does that justify over £300k a week?

It's a separate discussion but his numbers are inflated by Europa league and league cup stats. In the Premier league last season he scored 17 goals and got 5 assists. Does that justify over £300k a week?

Are we not trying to win those competitions? It's not like he stat padded vs some shit teams, he scored against good teams even in cup games.

Also his goals, If I'm not wrong only Haaland, Kane score more goals from open play than Rashford.

I assume this is sarcasm, however if we were "only" to offer him 200k a week again that would still be arguably his best offer from an English club.
Of course it's not. Don't you see how easy it is to find a 30 goals a season on 200k a week. And yeah totally agree 200k a week should be his best offer from any club not only the English ones. Who would be stupid enough to give him more than 200k a week?

So basically what Rashford is good at?
You clearly don't watch the games, or don't pay attention.

If you haven't noticed how often Rashford just runs into dead channels or straight into defender's feet, I suggest you start paying attention.

He was better this season. But you clearly haven't been able to notice this in his entire career.

Are we not trying to win those competitions? It's not like he stat padded vs some shit teams, he scored against good teams even in cup games.

Also his goals, If I'm not wrong only Haaland, Kane score more goals from open play than Rashford.

In the Europa league he scored 1 goal against a top team (Barcelona) In the domestic cups he scored 1 goal against a top team (Newcastle)

To be clear I'm not saying that we should move him on, but I think some fans have gone a bit over the top with his performances last season. He is at a a very good level now, but not a great one. He still needs to go up another gear in my opinion before he deserves a big pay rise from where he is now.

If you haven't noticed how often Rashford just runs into dead channels or straight into defender's feet, I suggest you start paying attention.

He was better this season. But you clearly haven't been able to notice this in his entire career.

Your definition is Lukaku and Rashford’s nowhere near that level.

Rashford dribbles the same way as Mbappe but Mbappe is better and more skillful at it.

He is very reliant on his pace, a skill that defeats the opposition first and getting in to space because of that pace.

He will run right in to someone but will use that ball bounce off the shin of the opposition to get past him.

His dribbling is more direct than the types of Messi, Grealish or Ronaldinho where they make players trip over themselves - but doesn’t make him an incapable dribbler either.

The more forwards/wide strikers are looking for that space to take a shot more than create so they will be directly running in to it whilst the more smooth dribbling players tend to be predominantly more creative players who are getting in to spaces to make a final pass or cross.

In the Europa league he scored 1 goal against a top team (Barcelona) In the domestic cups he scored 1 goal against a top team (Newcastle)

To be clear I'm not saying that we should move him on, but I think some fans have gone a bit over the top with his performances last season. He is at a a very good level now, but not a great one. He still needs to go up another gear in my opinion before he deserves a big pay rise from where he is now.

He scored and assisted almost every goal against PL quality opponents, in league or cup competitions. IIRC only 2 of his goals was vs lower league opponents.

Big clubs pay big wages and that's what we will have to do even in this case.

Totally agree. Our academy players, especially the English ones, should actually play for free.
High wages should only be afforded to expensive signings (like we have been doing anyway). That’s the way to go.
Meanwhile let’s just get rid off Rashford. Very curious to see how many goals we score next season without him :drool:

:lol: his entire career doesn't matter, you admitting "he got better at it" means he's not a bad dribbler like you said previously. As he showed all of us.

Just like so many other "top reds" on here, you simply dismiss posts and tell people that their opinions are wrong and don't matter if they disagree with your "facts".

Such lazy posts and blatant "better than you" mentality. That's the only thing that's truly poor here.

Not to mention that the bio quote is downright embarrasing.

This is exactly what you're doing? Telling other lifelong fans who watch 50+ games a season they aren't watching games because they don't agree with your silly opinions?

Anyone doesn’t think Rashford would walk into any team in the Prem bar probably City? And even that is debatable as he gets ahead of Grealish for me. Any manager would love to have Marcus Rashford at their club in my opinion

If you pay attention to Mbappe’s games against tougher opposition than random Ligue 1 teams, his dribbling abilities are not that great either.
His main tool is pace, that’s why his dribbles are often successful because he’s quick and fast.
I’ve watched both and to me Rashford is a tiny bit more skillful but both of them rely on explosiveness rather than pure close control and skills to get past opponents

I'd be happy to sell.

He would command a high fee, and we could get a better passer, better crosser, better header, better dribbler, and a more press-resistant player who is also strong in duels.

Who is this magical player who's demonstrably better than Rashford in all facets of the game, but for some reason is cheaper than him? I must know.

He's a home grown academy player thats seems to genuinely love his community. He was one of the best players in the world for a healthy stretch of last season and is still only 25 years old. On top of all of this, he's shown a maturity beyond his age while also exhibiting significant leadership qualities.

People can nit-pick areas of his game all they want (thats fine and why we are all on the cafe), but IMHO if Marcus isn't entitled to a significant contract given all he has shown the last few years I honestly don't know who is...

I mean the difference between the two things is taught at like under 8 level, it’s pretty basic.
Kick and Run is now labeled as dribbling in this generation. Even Opta sports and all these stats sites sadly label it as dribbling which is just weird because it doesn't show how good of a dribbler the player is just that he's faster than the opponent he skipped past.

Mbappe is so kick & run. Its probably why they want Rashford to replace him.:lol:
Id gladly have a lower quality version of mbappe especially if it annoys some of these cnuts for the next decade. 'this generation' sounds like someone whose is just getting old & cant keep up with the latest music ..or the latest football..

He's a home grown academy player thats seems to genuinely love his community. He was one of the best players in the world for a healthy stretch of last season and is still only 25 years old. On top of all of this, he's shown a maturity beyond his age while also exhibiting significant leadership qualities.

People can nit-pick areas of his game all they want (thats fine and why we are all on the cafe), but IMHO if Marcus isn't entitled to a significant contract given all he has shown the last few years I honestly don't know who is...
The problem is that his performance over the duration of his contract doesn’t justify his existing contract, let alone getting another massive pay raise.

Only reason he should be getting a bigger contract is because Sancho is paid more despite being wank.

You won’t know what you’ve lost until he’s gone
I’ve long thought it’s only a matter of time until a player turns a mirror on this fanbase. If he goes it’s a failure of the club from owner to fanbase. People whine about loyalty but are happy to show little themselves.

Hopefully EtH knows the score & gets the club to sort themselves out. His signature is more important than any signing we have/will make this Summer.

The problem is that his performance over the duration of his contract doesn’t justify his existing contract, let alone getting another massive pay raise.

Only reason he should be getting a bigger contract is because Sancho is paid more despite being wank.

Just curious but excluding 21/22, which other season under his current contract has he not justified his current wage? The season he got 34GA, 36GA or 41GA?

Just curious but excluding 21/22, which other season under his current contract has he not justified his current wage? The season he got 34GA, 36GA or 41GA?
Lost count of how many times people have posted these stats to be ignored by posters that have already made it clear their disdain for Rashford has nothing to actually do with football.

Should Rashford leave, something I think is becoming increasingly likely, the same fans who don’t want him paid what his talents deserve will be the loudest ones criticising him for doing so.

Honest question to people on here, why would you want to play for this fanbase?

Status
Not open for further replies.