Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good summer window so far, Mount & Onana both in and now this. Plus a new captain and looking at some outgoings now too.

Very pleased, hopefully get another striker and a CM and we are looking very strong for the new season.
Yup, doing our business early, ETH getting it done. :drool:

Big Dave's wage would be going a long way to covering Marcus and Mason's new contracts.

Amazing that this looks to be done and dusted. Between Maguire being removed as captain, Rashford signing a new deal and Onana signing on, it could be a massive week of news for the club.

So it turns out that he did turn down much more lucrative offers elsewhere to stay at United. Now don't get me wrong, he's not exactly playing for peanuts here, but that poster who was having a fecking conniption in this thread a few weeks ago and making Rashford out to be nothing more than a mercenary who would leave for another club if they offered him more, was wrong. The ramblings of a madman.

Anyway, great news. He can be a frustrating player, but we're much better now he's signed.

Great News.

A happy Marcus is a big plus for United.

Nice bit of re-structuring of the squad going on this summer (and United are not finished yet)

Think it was inevitable that he was staying after last year and the manager does seem to genuinely rate him. Happy he's staying and hopefully will continue to improve this year too.

Rashford's brother/agent negotiates him a cool £325,000 per week contract. Further boosted by goals, assists and on-field success.

Kane's brother/agent negotiates him a £50,000 per week contract with a 10% off discount card for the club canteen, and an annual payrise of 0.3% if he licks his plate clean every day

That fee is going to cause some problems on here for some. Can't wait for his 1st poor game and for the usual lot to tell us how he was never worth the 900k a week he's getting.

Thats an insane salary for someone with a track record of showing up when he fancies it. I'm all for paying players for their talents but his base salary should be far lower than that more of his salary as performance based add-ons.

A happy Marcus is a big plus for United.

Was he not happy on £200k/week? A large salary doesn't make a player happy in any long term sense and it certainly doesn't motivate them these days. Being on a much lower salary than you should be probably does but £200k/week base salary was plenty enough for someone of Rashfords talent and temperament.

That being said, football has been silly for a long time now and we have been at the cutting edge of paying players far more than they are worth for years.

Thats an insane salary for someone with a track record of showing up when he fancies it. I'm all for paying players for their talents but his base salary should be far lower than that more of his salary as performance based add-ons.

That's not his base salary, that's his total wages.

Was he not happy on £200k/week? A large salary doesn't make a player happy in any long term sense and it certainly doesn't motivate them these days. Being on a much lower salary than you should be probably does but £200k/week base salary was plenty enough for someone of Rashfords talent and temperament.

That being said, football has been silly for a long time now and we have been at the cutting edge of paying players far more than they are worth for years.
He was overpaid on his previous contract, but thats what this club does.

Is there some vaguely trustworthy source with a rough breakdown of how his salary works?

There won't be any, only way we got that breakdown was by football leaks.

Usually all the contracts follow more or less same patters, base wage + Loyalty bonus + CL bonus + image rights.

Maybe being on significantly less than inferior players like Sancho, Sterling, Sane or Grealish was an issue? If you were offered £400k by PSG or £200k by United would you regard the United one as a reasonable offer?

Last edited:
Some of you will never be happy & I love it. His performances will never change some minds, wish he was [reportedly, as we never actually know] on £400k just to boil your piss even more!

Some of you will never be happy & I love it. His performances will never change some minds, wish he was [reportedly, as we never actually know] on £400k just to boil your piss even more!
Hopefully it’s 325 k base plus 5 k for every goal he scores :drool:

And a captain armband :drool:

I think you have to bookend what we have seen since EtH's arrival...if you trust the manager (which I do) then you can only see Rashford's renewal as a good thing.

Plus trying to make sense of footballers salary is a losing battle.

A bit lower than I expected. Thought it would be around 350k a week.

If my memory serves me right the only LW who scored +30 goals last season are Mbappe and Rashford. PSG are reportedly paying Mbappe more than a million a week and gave him +100m loyalty bonus when he signed his last contract. It's crazy really.

Rashford would have earned at least 500k a week and a 50m signing bonus had he decided to sign for PSG on a free I reckon.

If my memory serves me right the only LW who scored +30 goals last season are Mbappe and Rashford. PSG are reportedly paying Mbappe more than a million a week and gave him +100m loyalty bonus when he signed his last contract. It's crazy really.

Rashford would have earned at least 500k a week and a 50m signing bonus had he decided to sign for PSG on a free I reckon.
I believe he will get a good sign on fee but the wages will not be over the top. Better this way than being on 400/500 k which other players could then take as a reference point.

Only Haaland, Mbappe, Salah, Vinicius Jr scored, assisted more goals than Rashford in top 5 leagues.

I believe he will get a good sign on fee but the wages will not be over the top. Better this way than being on 400/500 k which other players could then take as a reference point.
Agree but it's like a few millions top imo. It's very unlikely we'd give him something like ten millions. Anyway clearly money was not the biggest reason he'd sign his new contract.

It seems finally we have stopped being so stupid in contracts handling. Maybe it's simply because we're pretty broke atm.

Only Haaland, Mbappe, Salah, Vinicius Jr scored, assisted more goals than Rashford in top 5 leagues.
I was talking about LW and goals mate. I just checked and Vinicius scored 23 goals last season.

I was talking about LW and goals mate. I just checked and Vinicius scored 23 goals last season.

Yeah I know, I was just saying without even position filters he has great record.

5th in Goals + assists is awesome record.

All those in favour of Rash’trafford say I

I don't know why anyone would want him to leave, he is one of the few players we have who turns up vs strong teams.

Just last season he scored vs
Barca,
Arsenal - 3 goals
Liverpool
City
Spurs
assist vs Chelsea
Vs Newcastle in the cup finals.

Apart from that he is one of our most reliable goal scorer in last 4 years with 30-40 goals + assists in 3 out of 4 seasons.

Yeah I know, I was just saying without even position filters he has great record.

5th in Goals + assists is awesome record.
Yeah agree it's even more impressive putting it that way. And here we have 'fans' who say he doesn't deserve it, we don't need him or we surely could buy someone better :wenger:

Not a bad contract wage. Don’t think it effects our wage structure much

Someone better than him can target 325-400kw range.

He is considered by some fans to be a long purple patch player - so a near whole season perfect player should be able to get 400k on our wage bill.

Brilliant news, funny that some think that no one would want to pay him a lucrative new contract and he would rinse Utd. My bet is that all the clubs would like to have Rashford in their squad.

Good for Marcus. He's a great player, gets better every season we have him. He scored 30 goals for us last season and assisted 11. Thats in 56 appearances. If we had someone centrally and on the right who put up similar numbers we'd be laughing.

Positive news. I'll wait until he actually signs to start celebrating though.

Not gonna comment on the Wages as I don't believe Journalist's tend to have any real Idea about them it's mostly Guesswork , but just Glad that United are tying Down one of our Better performer about to enter his peak to a long contract what a turnaround and definitely well deserved .

Status
Not open for further replies.