Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this magical player who's demonstrably better than Rashford in all facets of the game, but for some reason is cheaper than him? I must know.

It's always claimed we can easily get a better player than X but when asked for a name you get tumbleweed or 'well I'm not a scout'

The problem is that his performance over the duration of his contract doesn’t justify his existing contract, let alone getting another massive pay raise.

Only reason he should be getting a bigger contract is because Sancho is paid more despite being wank.
There are bad and clueless posts and then there is this. If Rashford’s performances don’t justify his current contract then we can as well cancel the club, as these are the players who either earn as much as him, or more than him, some of them almost twice as much as him. And some of them have been earning more than him for a number of years already:
Antony, DdG, Bruno, Mount, Maguire, Martial, Sancho, Shaw, Varane, Casimiro. Plus Martínez is reportedly already in negotiations for an improved contract.

If I was Rashford or his agent, I would make sure that not only Rashford is made the highest paid player at the club, but also gets the difference paid to him which the likes of Martial, Sancho or DdG have been making over him over all those years.

There are bad and clueless posts and then there is this. If Rashford’s performances don’t justify his current contract then we can as well cancel the club, as these are the players who either earn as much as him, or more than him, some of them almost twice as much as him. And some of them have been earning more than him for a number of years already:
Antony, DdG, Bruno, Mount, Maguire, Martial, Sancho, Shaw, Varane, Casimiro. Plus Martínez is reportedly already in negotiations for an improved contract.

If I was Rashford or his agent, I would make sure that not only Rashford is made the highest paid player at the club, but also gets the difference paid to him which the likes of Martial, Sancho or DdG have been making over him over all those years.
It’s at a point where I’m convinced there’s a sub-section of the fanbase who actually quite enjoy us being shite after years of success so they can wear it like a form of martyrdom.

Anyone that doesn’t see that given his ability & contract situation, he is due a hefty pay increase, is stupid.

Just curious but excluding 21/22, which other season under his current contract has he not justified his current wage? The season he got 34GA, 36GA or 41GA?
He had half a good season for 20/21 and another half good season for 22/23 and was pretty much useless when he’s not in form while being paid as one of the best player in the league.

If he re-signs to his current contract with performance incentives, I’m all for it because if he’s getting paid more for scoring that’s probably going to be good news for us.

The club needs to stop handing out large base salaries to everyone. We just got rid of De Gea’s stupidly expensive contract, we shouldn’t lock ourself into another one when we still have Sancho’s one on the books. Performance bonuses are the Wah to go, especially for attackers.

He had half a good season for 20/21 and another half good season for 22/23 and was pretty much useless when he’s not in form while being paid as one of the best player in the league.

If he re-signs to his current contract with performance incentives, I’m all for it because if he’s getting paid more for scoring that’s probably going to be good news for us.

The club needs to stop handing out large base salaries to everyone. We just got rid of De Gea’s stupidly expensive contract, we shouldn’t lock ourself into another one when we still have Sancho’s one on the books. Performance bonuses are the Wah to go, especially for attackers.
What are the exact details of his current contract?

Well deserved. Telling that he turned down more offers when, according to some, we were vastly overpaying him with this offer and no other club would want him
Edit what would be lucrative in England? Surely not City?

Yesssir!

Rashford and Onana is two of the big three deals of the summer done. Just gotta get a centre forward now.

Well deserved. Telling that he turned down more offers when, according to some, we were vastly overpaying him with this offer and no other club would want him

Maybe Chelsea after we took Mount.

Good that he is signing the new deal, can't afford to lose him

Chelsea or Newcastle would be my guess.

PSG seem to have been interested in him for a good 6 years. Reminds me of the constant Ryan Giggs to Inter Milan talk back when.

Newcastle and Chelsea seem like the most likely English clubs who'd have gone for him

Good news. Amazing what a difference a year can make, Rashford has really kicked on under ten Hag. Long may it continue

Very good summer window so far, Mount & Onana both in and now this. Plus a new captain and looking at some outgoings now too.

Very pleased, hopefully get another striker and a CM and we are looking very strong for the new season.

Fantastic.

He could easily become the club's record goalscorer in 5 years time.

It would be amazing in this day and age for a local lad to be our all time goal scorer, he’s on 123 currently isn’t he ? So 130 off of Rooney, 5 years might be pushing it unless he consistently scores like last season but 20 a season is very realistic so 6-7 seasons and he should do it and to be honest I don’t see him ever wanting to leave United unless pushed.

25yo rejected more lucrative offers from England & abroad to stay

But experts here said no other club offers him big contract, now they will say Ornstein is a bs merchant.
Lucky it wasn't Romano saying this then eh? This place would've had a full on meltdown judging by the Onana thread :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was City, but seems more likely that it was Chelsea, given the money they're throwing around at the moment.

Waking up to this and the Onana news, Henderson possibly out and WHU linked to Scott McT? Like winning the lottery.

Very good news. He is the face of the club now (performing both on and off the pitch and although he would have fetched a nice sum, there's probably noone available to get remotely near of replacing his value for us. I had given up on him but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.