Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a great comeback season and was instrumental with us getting 3rd.

But his dribbling has regressed and his heading is simply non existent.

He's a really good player but he's one dimensional. Attacking from a transition he's one of the best in the world. In a possession side he's pretty average.

Why not? As you said he's not good enough as a CF and we'd have a better LW soon?
I said some of us fans, I'd be sorry to see him go but the choice may be keep Rashford and lose Garnacho, with the way ETH wants us to play I can't see a role for both beyond the coming season

I said some of us fans, I'd be sorry to see him go but the choice may be keep Rashford and lose Garnacho, with the way ETH wants us to play I can't see a role for both beyond the coming season
Yeah let him leave on a free then. We already have Garnacho. I'm 100% sure he's gonna score 30 goals a season in two years. Maybe even next season.

And will cost more than 100 million, that itself should show how good a player Rashford is.

Not directed at you, there are some "ManUtd fans" who are so full of hatred for the player, it's ridiculous.

For sure but let’s say Rashford decides not to renew. Maybe you can get £80-100m based on Hazard and Kane prices. Then Kvara costs £120-150m. It’s cost you a net. 40-70m.

Whereas losing Rashford and then buying Kvara would be a net 120-150m.

Wasn't Hererra just that he wanted more money than the club were willing to offer (And more money than he was worth) ?

Was there actually any feck up there?
Nah, it wasn’t about the money it was about respect. He won player of the season and expected a contract offer with a year to go, which he would have signed but it wasn’t forthcoming and he felt slighted. The club dragged their heels until he was free to talk to other clubs and then offered him a pretty miserable contract to add insult to injury. PSG offered him the big bucks because he was free and he took it but he never wanted to go and actually broke down talking about it recently for the Utd podcast. It must really hurt.

He's a really good player but he's one dimensional. Attacking from a transition he's one of the best in the world. In a possession side he's pretty average.
You've essentially described Rooney there until SAF got a proper hold of him and turned him into a ST who could head the ball. I'd give him a couple of seasons under Ten Hag to develop his game before we write him off as 'pretty average'.

Wasn't Hererra just that he wanted more money than the club were willing to offer (And more money than he was worth) ?
The thing with Herrera, at least as per the rumors then, were that there was a chance to extend him when there was a year or little more left, but we never went for him and by the time we went to him in last few months, his head was turned for PSG money and the only reason he would stay was if we paid a ransom. We never made him feel wanted in time. And in the end, there was no way he deserved that kinda salary he was asking.

The thing with Herrera, at least as per the rumors then, were that there was a chance to extend him when there was a year or little more left, but we never went for him and by the time we went to him in last few months, his head was turned for PSG money and the only reason he would stay was if we paid a ransom. We never made him feel wanted in time. And in the end, there was no way he deserved that kinda salary he was asking.
I still to this day don't understand his ego in that move. He sits in interviews and cries about leaving and yet he had an offer on the table. He could have just stayed if he wanted to.

Nah, it wasn’t about the money it was about respect. He won player of the season and expected a contract offer with a year to go, which he would have signed but it wasn’t forthcoming and he felt slighted. The club dragged their heels until he was free to talk to other clubs and then offered him a pretty miserable contract to add insult to injury. PSG offered him the big bucks because he was free and he took it but he never wanted to go and actually broke down talking about it recently for the Utd podcast. It must really hurt.

While it may sound kinda cynical, one of Ander's best talents has always been saying exactly the right thing. I would be a bit skeptical about that take which puts all the blame squarely on the club.

This sounds a bit more reasonable, although I would say that I don't see waiting until the last few months of a contract to renew as being any sign of not feeling wanted. And quite rightly he was worth nowhere near the amount of money he would have wanted.

I still to this day don't understand his ego in that move. He sits in interviews and cries about leaving and yet he had an offer on the table. He could have just stayed if he wanted to.
The point is that the club could've tied him down much earlier or sold him for a fee, but as usual, dithered until it was too late and lost him for nothing.

The point is that the club could've tied him down much earlier or sold him for a fee, but as usual, dithered until it was too late and lost him for nothing.
They offered him a deal and he wanted to stay, they also told him it was coming so it's not like he was in the dark. Who gives a shit when it comes as long as it comes? He let his ego get in the way of staying at a club he really wanted to stay at, just stupid behaviour really.

Yup. Perfectly described. I feel, he probably will not get as many as he got last season. If he gets more and we get a new striker who also bangs it in, we are in for a treat. But too much expectations i guess.

They offered him a deal and he wanted to stay, they also told him it was coming so it's not like he was in the dark. Who gives a shit when it comes as long as it comes? He let his ego get in the way of staying at a club he really wanted to stay at, just stupid behaviour really.
The club should, for one. They should've had the deal signed before going into his final season, or sold him that summer. Allowing Herrera to continue past the summer with an expiring contract gave him all the bargaining power.

The club should, for one. They should've had the deal signed before going into his final season, or sold him that summer. Allowing Herrera to continue past the summer with an expiring contract gave him all the bargaining power.
Didn't we bin Jose that season? The club generally let the managers decide these things, hence the reason we've been a mess.

Didn't we bin Jose that season? The club generally let the managers decide these things, hence the reason we've been a mess.
Yeah that's definitely part of the problem. That summer, and the season that followed, was a galactic level shitshow.

although I would say that I don't see waiting until the last few months of a contract to renew as being any sign of not feeling wanted
I disagree with this part. It is pretty much a clear indication that the club doesn't think the player is of much importance. Most players we have extended have signed or at least offered a contract well in advance. Only backup players, maybe some defenders, or players whom are in the "We would like to keep you, but if you wanna leave that's fine too" zone, that are not offered a contract till the very end.

Anyways, this is a Rashford thread and hopefully we can get this done quickly.

It was Woodward at that point, would you be surprised?

Woody was an idiot who did a great many things wrong, but I honestly don't see waiting until the last few months of your contract as something offensive or something to be hurt about, nor do I think he was worth a large wage to United at the time which he may have wanted.

The club have handled many things poorly but I do think there is a rush at times to make the club out to be the villain in every single situation.

Woody was an idiot who did a great many things wrong, but I honestly don't see waiting until the last few months of your contract as something offensive or something to be hurt about, nor do I think he was worth a large wage to United at the time which he may have wanted.

The club have handled many things poorly but I do think there is a rush at times to make the club out to be the villain in every single situation.
I don't care if the player claims to be "offended", for me it's still a stupid move because it shifts all the bargaining power from the club to the player, who now only has to wait a few months before picking up a massive signing bonus elsewhere.

Don't really buy all the crying as to mean his heart broke into thousand pieces at the prospect of leaving. Maybe he is a bit of emotional guy, who starts tearing up easily and that is why he cries in the interviews.

There wasn’t even any negotiation or discussion, the club literally made him feel unwanted. I’m not somebody who like to go in on the club, on the contrary I’m pretty defensive of all their moves and I recognise that Woodward and the Glazers are seperate from the club and the good people who work there, but not sorting Ander more expeditiously was a mistake, and I think not retaining DDG may prove to be the same. Not sorting out a contract for Marcus and losing him on a free would be unforgivable.

There wasn’t even any negotiation or discussion, the club literally made him feel unwanted. I’m not somebody who like to go in on the club, on the contrary I’m pretty defensive of all their moves and I recognise that Woodward and the Glazers are seperate from the club and the good people who work there, but not sorting Ander more expeditiously was a mistake, and I think not retaining DDG may prove to be the same. Not sorting out a contract for Marcus and losing him on a free would be unforgivable.
We won't lose Rashford on a free because he's simply worth too much to the brand to allow that to happen and everyone just carry on like nothing happened, but in regards to contracts, and I know it's not the same thing but I'm a consultant on a 3 month rolling contract. They tell me if they're going to renew it less than a month before it's ending and so far I've been at the same place for a year and 3 months now. Would I be within my rights to tell them to stuff it next time they come to me with a new contract because I wanted one earlier? Or does it not really make sense to say no to something you actually want?

I think the real reason Herrera saw his arse, and he'll never admit this, is because Pogba got a massive new contract and he thought he was going to get one also, then he didn't so he spat his dummy out.

I'll be stunned if he goes to PSG. I don't see how United would let him go, I guess this Glazer shi!te could cause it but I'd still be stunned if he does not get the contract he wants from United.

Solely as CF I don't think he can cut it, as a LW and occasional CF he certainly can, but in the not too distant future we will have another LW who may potentially be even better - what do we do then?
Let Garnacho first establish himself as a starter. So far he has mostly had his best moments as a sub. And let him also overcome the famous 2nd season syndrome. So far there has been absolutely no indication that ETH prefers/trusts any attacking player over Rashford, let alone Garnacho.

I'll be stunned if he goes to PSG. I don't see how United would let him go, I guess this Glazer shi!te could cause it but I'd still be stunned if he does not get the contract he wants from United.
He isnt going to play in the French league, his status will nosedive

Solely as CF I don't think he can cut it, as a LW and occasional CF he certainly can, but in the not too distant future we will have another LW who may potentially be even better - what do we do then?

Name the left wingers last season who scored 30 goals without penalties and got over 10 assists.

People really have no idea what they've got.

We won't lose Rashford on a free because he's simply worth too much to the brand to allow that to happen and everyone just carry on like nothing happened, but in regards to contracts, and I know it's not the same thing but I'm a consultant on a 3 month rolling contract. They tell me if they're going to renew it less than a month before it's ending and so far I've been at the same place for a year and 3 months now. Would I be within my rights to tell them to stuff it next time they come to me with a new contract because I wanted one earlier? Or does it not really make sense to say no to something you actually want?

I think the real reason Herrera saw his arse, and he'll never admit this, is because Pogba got a massive new contract and he thought he was going to get one also, then he didn't so he spat his dummy out.
You’re right, it’s nothing like.

Exactly - Rashford holds all the cards so the question for United is do they sell him for 100 mil or whatever and splash out on Kane/Osimhen or do they risk him leaving for nothing in years time - United fans are, in general, slaughtering Spurs for contemplating Kane leaving for nothing, how come United aren't getting the same?
Well Rashford is five years younger to start. We’re also in a better position to win things. It’s not like for like.

I think fans latched onto this with all the anti Woodward and club being run badly stories but really Herrera moved for money. There’s no way his agent wouldn’t have been in touch with the club re a new contract way before it got to Bosman territory. He was on £130k and PSG offered him £300k, we simply were never going to get close to that (nor should we!)

You’re right, it’s nothing like.
I’m going to go call my boss tomorrow and tell him I’m not staying past my next contract because they haven’t sent me a new one yet. Then I’ll come on here and cry about how I really wanted to stay. Maybe then it will be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.