Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced Rashford will sign a new contract until after the window closes, assuming he does, the longer it goes on the bigger bargaining power he has

In which case we should look to sell him (not that he’s obliged to move) but I suspect he will actually sign his contract in July.

I think fans latched onto this with all the anti Woodward and club being run badly stories but really Herrera moved for money. There’s no way his agent wouldn’t have been in touch with the club re a new contract way before it got to Bosman territory. He was on £130k and PSG offered him £300k, we simply were never going to get close to that (nor should we!)
Herrera has been publicly open about the situation, pretty sure he said the club sent him a letter in the post

I think fans latched onto this with all the anti Woodward and club being run badly stories but really Herrera moved for money. There’s no way his agent wouldn’t have been in touch with the club re a new contract way before it got to Bosman territory. He was on £130k and PSG offered him £300k, we simply were never going to get close to that (nor should we!)
Mitten said he spoke to Herrera afterwards and he maintains he had no idea how much his agent was asking for him and that he just wanted to stay. Then he contradicted himself by crying in that United interview where he said he felt the offer came too late. Believe whatever you want to believe I guess but Mitten did say he could be a politician because he knows exactly what to say and what people want to hear.

Herrera has been publicly open about the situation, pretty sure he said the club sent him a letter in the post
:lol: No doubt delivered 2nd class stamp.

“Dear Ander,
I meant to write to you sooner, I’ve just been busy. You say your agent’s talking to PSG how far along is he?”

Mitten said he spoke to Herrera afterwards and he maintains he had no idea how much his agent was asking for him and that he just wanted to stay. Then he contradicted himself by crying in that United interview where he said he felt the offer came too late. Believe whatever you want to believe I guess but Mitten did say he could be a politician because he knows exactly what to say and what people want to hear.
Yeah he was very deliberate whenever he was giving interviews, used to really overdo the ‘we are Manchester United’ line from memory as an answer to questions. Liked him as a player but think he tried to save face with the fans when he simply wanted that payday (which I get, we weren’t winning anything when he was here really).

Thing is this is not up to us to decide. And why not? We already have Garnacho, who according to @Red in STL will be even better than Rashford.

Because 80m is still 80m or whatever we would get. Sure, if Rashford wants to leave and run down his contract we have no way to stop him doing so. But we don't have the money to let a major asset just walk away and if he won't sign a new deal we need to explore the options we have open to us. Obviously, Rashford could then refuse to join whoever bids too.

The point is we'd be better trying to replace him by getting a fee in and then using that on a new LW or a ST then just losing him next summer for nothing.

He had a great comeback season and was instrumental with us getting 3rd.

But his dribbling has regressed and his heading is simply non existent.

He's a really good player but he's one dimensional. Attacking from a transition he's one of the best in the world. In a possession side he's pretty average.
poor post.
He scores headers as he did this season & has started to make assists.
Posession teams had villa, sterling, sane, mahrez, ziyech, tadic...
That dribble where he was holding a player off with his right shoulder & scored instead of falling in the box was great..

Last edited:
poor post.
He scores headers as he did this season & has started to make assists.
Posession teams had villa, sterling, sane, mahrez, ziyech, tadic...
That dribble where he was holding a player off with his right shoulder & scored instead of falling in the box was great..
Just like so many other "top reds" on here, you simply dismiss posts and tell people that their opinions are wrong and don't matter if they disagree with your "facts".

Such lazy posts and blatant "better than you" mentality. That's the only thing that's truly poor here.

Not to mention that the bio quote is downright embarrasing.

I haven't read much of this thread so I don't know what everyone else is thinking but I'm finding it pretty concerning that he hasn't signed a new contract yet.
Call me paranoid but I have a sneaking feeling that PSG will bid for him if they lose Mbappe and may have contacted him in recent weeks.

Like who and how much would "similar" players be worth in this market?

Son at Spurs is on less than 200k a week, Mane at Liverpool was, Mahrez at City.

Even though he's just had a good season, I don't think that Rashford justifies getting wages on a par with the likes of Salah and De Bruyne, he's not THAT good.

I haven't read much of this thread so I don't know what everyone else is thinking but I'm finding it pretty concerning that he hasn't signed a new contract yet.
Call me paranoid but I have a sneaking feeling that PSG will bid for him if they lose Mbappe and may have contacted him in recent weeks.

He has said he is willing to sign if the club matches his ambition.. with the Glazers, he knows they will not match his ambition, neither will SJR.

So really, it also depends on the club sale, the players are not dumb, they see other clubs make moves, they know if the players they have are capable of competing or not.

Just like so many other "top reds" on here, you simply dismiss posts and tell people that their opinions are wrong and don't matter if they disagree with your "facts".

Such lazy posts and blatant "better than you" mentality. That's the only thing that's truly poor here.

Not to mention that the bio quote is downright embarrasing.

Rashford haters will never get my respect.

I saw Rashford dribble through so many defenders and score crazy amount of goals and apparently his dribbling has regressed.
:lol:

One reply and I’ll show you a video to prove it to yours and your friends -blind eyes.

You can be right. I can be right. But my respect is different to what is actually right and it’s just an option. Angels and scum.

I saw Rashford dribble through so many defenders and score crazy amount of goals and apparently his dribbling has regressed.

One reply and I’ll show you a video to prove it to yours and your friends -blind eyes.

You can be right. I can be right. But my respect is different to what is actually right and it’s just an option. Angels and scum.
He's never been a big dribbler, he's always relied on his pace and maybe a trick.

Isn’t that considered dribbling as well?
I would say that's running with the ball, it's like saying Bolt was a good dribbler because he's fast. Give me some speed and I'm a good dribbler?

You need to change direction with the ball to be dribbling for me anyway.

Can’t believe we still have fans questioning Rashford after last season. It’s like some will only be happy if he’s the best players itw, which will never be the case.

Can’t believe we still have fans questioning Rashford after last season. It’s like some will only be happy if he’s the best players itw, which will never be the case.
His doubters will always go to great stregths to criticise him.

I would say that's running with the ball, it's like saying Bolt was a good dribbler because he's fast. Give me some speed and I'm a good dribbler?

But he doesn’t go in a straight line, he goes in and out while stop starting the FB.
Your definition of dribbling sounds stupidly strict, imo you just described how he dribbled but each to their own I suppose

Son at Spurs is on less than 200k a week, Mane at Liverpool was, Mahrez at City.

Even though he's just had a good season, I don't think that Rashford justifies getting wages on a par with the likes of Salah and De Bruyne, he's not THAT good.

Or he is easily better than Sterling, Mount, Havertz, Sancho to deserve better wages than them.

He's never been a big dribbler, he's always relied on his pace and maybe a trick.

Shame he’s English otherwise it would be called Dribbling by people like you;)

Regressed Dribbling and doesn’t score headers my absolute arsehole smells like perfume.

Output last season wasn’t far off Salah/KDB levels. They are paid that due to the relative importance to their teams. Likewise Rashford is crucial to United.

Regressed Dribbling and doesn’t score headers my absolute arsehole smells like perfume.

There are no standout dribbles in that video, hes been tackled many times in that video, and relying on being able to run faster than his opponent in a straight line. Everything else is standard dribbling you see from attacking players in all PL teams, hes just faster than 99% of them.

I actually enjoyed him scoring more headers, feel like his dribbling is the same as it always was, good in open spaces, uses his pace well but not always under control.

He has said he is willing to sign if the club matches his ambition.. with the Glazers, he knows they will not match his ambition, neither will Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE.

So really, it also depends on the club sale, the players are not dumb, they see other clubs make moves, they know if the players they have are capable of competing or not.

Do you have a source where he said that stuff about signing if the club matches his ambition perchance?
I just haven't heard that before.
Very concerning if true.

He has said he is willing to sign if the club matches his ambition.. with the Glazers, he knows they will not match his ambition, neither will Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE.

Has he actually said that? :lol:

Do you have a source where he said that stuff about signing if the club matches his ambition perchance?
I just haven't heard that before.
Very concerning if true.

My bad, it was one of the journalist that mentioned that as long as he feels the club matches his ambition, he will sign at United.

Players who re-sign will always look at the ambition, especially players who know how toxic the current ownership is.

There are no standout dribbles in that video, hes been tackled many times in that video, and relying on being able to run faster than his opponent in a straight line. Everything else is standard dribbling you see from attacking players in all PL teams, hes just faster than 99% of them.

And again it’s your opinion and not truth just as it maybe not mine.

You think everyone has to dribble like Messi or Grealish to be this amazing dribbler.

There’s different types of dribbling and all of it includes different types of skill.

Some dribblers are smooth trying to beat players through skill & technique and some dribblers are direct trying to beat players through pace after a short skill that beats or trick the opposition.

Just because Rashford’s not the most skillful doesn’t make him an average or below average dribbler. What he has to do - to beat the opposition- is done multiple times and not just by making runs that beat the opposition line.

Or he is easily better than Sterling, Mount, Havertz, Sancho to deserve better wages than them.

I completely agree, although I'd argue that's because all of those players are being overpaid.

If you are using somebody like Sancho as a yard stick then much of the United squad should be on over £350k a week!

And again it’s your opinion and not truth just as it maybe not mine.

You think everyone has to dribble like Messi or Grealish to be this amazing dribbler.

There’s different types of dribbling and all of it includes different types of skill.

Some dribblers are smooth trying to beat players through skill & technique and some dribblers are direct trying to beat players through pace after a short skill that beats or trick the opposition.

Just because Rashford’s not the most skillful doesn’t make him an average or below average dribbler. What he has to do - to beat the opposition- is done multiple times and not just by making runs that beat the opposition line.
He clearly needs space because hes limited to "dribbling" by using his pace, that so often is a problem for us when he doesn't have that space.

Argh Robben. All he did was beat the defender once by cutting in, running a bit and scoring with his left foot.

Shit dribbler.

Mbappe is another thats pace insduced dribbling with whole lot of skill first , at no time do i think rashford is better

Last edited:

It was an E-mail I think. He was upset that the club activated their optional year without informing him. Even though they did inform him by E-mail.

Or as it's more commonly known dribbling.

And there's that brilliant IQ showing its true colors. Nowhere did I say or even imply that I "hate" Rashford. I clearly stated that he has his obvious strengths. In fact, I've seen no "haters" in this thread. Only valid or fair criticism.

Rashford's dribbling has improved. But you can't really be paying much attention if you haven't noticed how many times he just runs straight into defenders, instead of picking a pass to a better positioned teammate.

"Angels and scum", you say. There again is your self-professed high level IQ applied to those who dare to have a nuanced view of your favorite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.