Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashford profile wise and marketing wise is the most logical replacement for Mbappe. They’ve been sniffing around him for ages.

We need to lock that contract in as soon as possible. No doubt it’ll happen soon — Haggy sees him as his main man and Rashford seems more than content here.

Let him leave on a free to PSG then, we don't need him and he's not good enough anyway. We'll surely play some swashbuckling football and score shitloads once he leaves. 100 %.
Pretty mad, at how lowly some of our fans rate our very best players! I would say there’s about two left wingers I would say with some certainty are better than Rashford. After that, I’d say there’s a good bunch on a similar level, but there’s none I would be particularly over the moon about letting Rashford go and trying to overpay to get one of those in.

I do think a lot of Utd fans have a bit of a blind spot with Rashford. He’s exceptional at some elements of his game, but there are other key areas where he’s miles behind the very best forwards.
Thats okay.
Aslong as he blindly shuts up the fans that dont rate him then he would have had a useful season at the very least.
The Sancho lovers, Mane at Bayern, the love for Vinius jr, Martinelli being as good, Son being quiet, the liverpool lw, Grealishs stats, Mitoma & Saint maxmin struggling vs awb, Gordon, barnes or even Sterling, the flop career of the expectations of Neymar & ousaman dembele, jaoa felix, Rafael leao performing same in the pl, Werner or Mudryk - the very 'best forward' is just ultimately a changing opinion.

If we could get £75m could we replace what he brings with £75m. If we can selling makes sense. For me the issue is still his performance level is either excellent or non-existent. A player that was a 7/10 every week for me beats having to put up with countless 3/10 performances for the occasional 9/10 run
Its PSG. Add another £40/50 mill to that, they wouldnt even blink.

I can't see him leaving at all. He's our poster boy and with another contract he could really be pushing the top goalscoring spots.

I would never feel overly threatened about PSG taking any of United's best players...France is such a farmers league, it wouldn't be anything other than a huge step down.

Real and Barca are the only real threat.

IMO

I don't want to lose him but if say in a hypothetical we sold him for £100m, which of the below would you prefer?

Rashford Hojlund Antony with a backup of Garnacho, Martial & Sancho
OR Garnacho Osimhen Antony with a backup of Amad, Martial & Sancho(By spending the £100m extra on Osimhen or whatever it would take to get him)

Think the second one looks better actually.

There has to be a date in mind this summer, whereby if he's not signed then he is for sale.

I know you all trust him and have forgiven everything, but the club will be incredibly naive to trust him to stay if he's signed nothing by the end of the window.

We've already got to the stage where we've had to trigger an extension to keep him this season, which tells me there's doubts in Rashfords mind or he wants even more money than he's being offered. Or he wasn't bluffing when he was offering himself around Europe last season.

6 Cl goals in 6 matches in a season - whilst having great teammates & managers all the time through his united career..sss

No way Rashford is leaving. He’s just after parity with the top earners

He's having the best time of his career and we're on the up. At most he'll use this to get more money out of the club.

The fact that it's been months and we havent agreed makes me nervous. We cant risk losing him for free, so its this window for sale only. We should set a deadline if he doesnt sign then put him for sale.

Would be a great shame.

PSG can afford to offer him crazy wages of 800k or even 1m a week while we won't do that. You'd just hope playing in the Premier League and him being fan and local lad, very good new manager and possibly new owners in the next 12 months he'd stay but perhaps money, different life in Paris with his partner is tempting him.

This rumour has been going on for a long time and I feel much like Herrera he was turned by PSG to join them during a bad spell at OT. He can still say no but this has been in the works for over a year. United might have to up his wages even more if Mbappe is really going to Madrid as PSG will go all out. Perhaps even though Rashford/Mbappe have a similar game if Mbappe is to stay he could want to play alongside Rashford in rotation from left to central.

Last edited:
Except Mbappe and Vinicius who are level above, i struggle to find clearly better left attacker in the world. People who want him sold (even for record fee) are clueless.

There are lot of reports that he is close to signing new contract. Also no, there are many ManUtd who wants to sell him because his rumored contract doesn't fit in their expertly analysed imaginary wage structure.
Hope the reports are true. The lack of recent developments has been a bit concerning.

Would be a great shame.

PSG can afford to offer him crazy wages of 800k or even 1m a week while we won't do that. You'd just hope playing in the Premier League and him being fan and local lad, very good new manager and possibly new owners in the next 12 months he'd stay but perhaps money, different life in Paris with his partner is tempting him.

This rumour has been going on for a long time and I feel much like Herrera he was turned by PSG to join them during a bad spell at OT. He can still say no but this has been in the works for over a year. United might have to up his wages even more if Mbappe is really going to Madrid as PSG will go all out.

I've always got the impression with Rashford that his head isn't 100% in football/ United. Not sure why, but the feeding the kids campaign added to that feeling and he seemed incredibly distracted the whole season by it all. In the Ole/Ragnick season he was severely lacking in effort and was burning his bridges big time with the club.

With that all in mind, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he took the money elsewhere to help build his 'empire' outside of football.

Getting the 20 goals with better football and not focusing on individual stats is not that hard.

Yes, it is that hard, name me the players who would provide the output we need (and how much it would cost to sign them)
bare in mind 20 is the minimum, Rashford scored 30 goals last season.

Would be a great shame.

This rumour has been going on for a long time and I feel much like Herrera he was turned by PSG to join them during a bad spell at OT. He can still say no but this has been in the works for over a year. United might have to up his wages even more if Mbappe is really going to Madrid as PSG will go all out. Perhaps even though Rashford/Mbappe have a similar game if Mbappe is to stay he could want to play alongside Rashford in rotation from left to central.
What're you talking about according to some here he's not worth even 200k a week.

Except Mbappe and Vinicius who are level above, i struggle to find clearly better left attacker in the world. People who want him sold (even for record fee) are clueless.
No more so than the eejits that piled on him. There’s this weird thing where people think they can say whatever they like about players but they should have blind faith; go to his instagram & read the comments - still idiots. I doubt he reads it himself but if I’m him & the club showed no faith in me last season when he’s he was poor but. . . Ole. . . Ragnick then I’d look at my options to.

If we lose him we’ve no one to blame but ourselves. People want shiny new signings but this was the priority this Summer.

Let him leave on a free to PSG then, we don't need him and he's not good enough anyway. We'll surely play some swashbuckling football and score shitloads once he leaves. 100 %.
Well it is a farmers league.

Oh god, the club are going to feck this up like they did with DDG and Herrera aren’t they? :(

Wasn't Hererra just that he wanted more money than the club were willing to offer (And more money than he was worth) ?

Was there actually any feck up there?

Thats okay.
Aslong as he blindly shuts up the fans that dont rate him then he would have had a useful season at the very least.
The Sancho lovers, Mane at Bayern, the love for Vinius jr, Martinelli being as good, Son being quiet, the liverpool lw, Grealishs stats, Mitoma & Saint maxmin struggling vs awb, Gordon, barnes or even Sterling, the flop career of the expectations of Neymar & ousaman dembele, jaoa felix, Rafael leao performing same in the pl, Werner or Mudryk - the very 'best forward' is just ultimately a changing opinion.

And that’s why I think you’ll eventually give him a new contract on the wages he wants. The cost of replacing him, and the risks associated with that are significant.

I do take your point about the difficulty of defining what a ‘top forward’ actually means, though. Let alone identifying and buying them.

Ok - so basically Rashford is in the same position as Kane is - and a lot of people here think Spurs would be mad to let him go for free next year, so presumably United would also me mad to do the same
And we would face the same dilemma. How do we replace him?

Exactly - Rashford holds all the cards so the question for United is do they sell him for 100 mil or whatever and splash out on Kane/Osimhen or do they risk him leaving for nothing in years time - United fans are, in general, slaughtering Spurs for contemplating Kane leaving for nothing, how come United aren't getting the same?

According to some here he's not good enough and we don't even need him.

For me it's very easy. Just buy another LW who could score 30 goals a season. Very simple you see.

Exactly - Rashford holds all the cards so the question for United is do they sell him for 100 mil or whatever and splash out on Kane/Osimhen or do they risk him leaving for nothing in years time - United fans are, in general, slaughtering Spurs for contemplating Kane leaving for nothing, how come United aren't getting the same?

Because Kane is clearly not signing a new contract and is playing for a squad who has won nothing since he has been there and finished 8th last season, whereas most of the current indications are that Rashford will sign a new contract. If that changes, I’d be all in favour of selling him this summer.

According to some here he's not good enough and we don't even need him.

For me it's very easy. Just buy another LW who could score 30 goals a season. Very simple you see.
Solely as CF I don't think he can cut it, as a LW and occasional CF he certainly can, but in the not too distant future we will have another LW who may potentially be even better - what do we do then?

Solely as CF I don't think he can cut it, as a LW and occasional CF he certainly can, but in the not too distant future we will have another LW who may potentially be even better - what do we do then?
Let him leave on a free?

Because Kane is clearly not signing a new contract and is playing for a squad who has won nothing since he has been there and finished 8th last season, whereas most of the current indications are that Rashford will sign a new contract. If that changes, I’d be all in favour of selling him this summer.
I'm not convinced Rashford will sign a new contract until after the window closes, assuming he does, the longer it goes on the bigger bargaining power he has

Let him leave on a free?
Of course not, though it might happen anyway, United are going to have to make some hard choices very soon and some of us fans are not going to necessarily like them

I do think a lot of Utd fans have a bit of a blind spot with Rashford. He’s exceptional at some elements of his game, but there are other key areas where he’s miles behind the very best forwards.

I'd argue the opposite tbh. A growing number of United fans see him as a sign of the club's decline because he is homegrown.

As I said on this or another thread, I'd say he's done exceptionally well considering the lack of consistency and clear strategy at the club.

Also, there's not a chance you're getting a replacement for him anytime soon that's affordable and a guaranteed success.

Of course not, though it might happen anyway, United are going to have to make some hard choices very soon and some of us fans are not going to necessarily like them
Why not? As you said he's not good enough as a CF and we'd have a better LW soon?

I'd argue the opposite tbh. A growing number of United fans see him as a sign of the club's decline because he is homegrown.

As I said on this or another thread, I'd say he's done exceptionally well considering the lack of consistency and clear strategy at the club.

Also, there's not a chance you're getting a replacement for him anytime soon that's affordable and a guaranteed success.
Why would we need to replace Rashford? We have a replacement for him, what we don't have is a CF, because as good as Rashford is, he's a far better LW than he'll ever be as a CF

Status
Not open for further replies.