Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn’t get a for him acceptable contract offer then he will most likely just leave on a free next year.
There is an option for another year on his current contract - not sure if that's his or a club option - the issue for United is that his peak market value is right now

There is an option for another year on his current contract - not sure if that's his or a club option - the issue for United is that his peak market value is right now
That was for this year. It’s already been triggered.

? We already took the option in December I believe. Otherwise the contract would have expired this summer.

That was for this year. It’s already been triggered.
Ok - so basically Rashford is in the same position as Kane is - and a lot of people here think Spurs would be mad to let him go for free next year, so presumably United would also me mad to do the same

Ok - so basically Rashford is in the same position as Kane is - and a lot of people here think Spurs would be mad to let him go for free next year, so presumably United would also me mad to do the same
Kane has slightly higher pressure to move. He will turn 30 this month, but yes he can also easily move on a free next year.
Rashford can as well wait and see if United or the new owners offer him more in a few months, otherwise he can just continue playing under ETH and probably even improve further and then move on a free.

i’d sell him if we can’t come to an agreement.

The club may even end up paying him less money on the books :smirk:

Honestly i wouldn't want our club to be runned like that. But I'm curious how does this sort of payment work obviously has to be in a way it can't be traced right?

I was twitchy about him running it down until everyone reported a few weeks back it was close to being done.

Since then he’ll have been away. Still at this stage I’ve no reason to think anything has changed and it won’t be done soon.

If we get another 3-4 weeks down the line and it isn’t, I’ll probably go back to being twitchy again. But hoping he signs it on his return to the club after the summer break.

Yup. Wouldn't break our wage structure. We could always say if you are Top 10 in the world rankings you get paid this.

They have to sell Mbappe to someone. Why not us?

It’s all smoke anyway. Rashford would sign with us and Mbappe would sign for Real in 2024.

If he doesn't sign a new contract we should entertain offers for him this summer. Losing him on a free would be a disaster.

I'd be happy to sell.

He would command a high fee, and we could get a better passer, better crosser, better header, better dribbler, and a more press-resistant player who is also strong in duels.

Rashford has great pace and pretty good finishing. But I believe he is more suited to a counter-attacking style. Ten Hag is looking to play less on the break, and control possession more. So it wouldn't be a bad thing to cash in on a valuable asset.

Losing such a valuable prospect on a free would be disastrous for FFP and next year's transfer budget.

The fact PSG doesn’t see anyone else who can replace Mbappe (if true) seems to be lost on posters who never really likes him who are entertaining thoughts of a sale.
Ten Hag loves him and for good reason

I'd be happy to sell.

He would command a high fee, and we could get a better passer, better crosser, better header, better dribbler, and a more press-resistant player who is also strong in duels.

Rashford has great pace and pretty good finishing. But I believe he is more suited to a counter-attacking style. Ten Hag is looking to play less on the break, and control possession more. So it wouldn't be a bad thing to cash in on a valuable asset.

Losing such a valuable prospect on a free would be disastrous for FFP and next year's transfer budget.
And who would that be realistically?

There are "ManUtd fans" who want to sell Rashford :lol:

There are "ManUtd fans" who want to sell Rashford :lol:
I don't think anybody wants to sell him. Some of us think getting a high fee for him (which would help us with our FFP situation) could be the lesser evil over losing him on a free next summer.

Would make sense with the “ten hag wants left winger rumours” sell
Rashford buy Kane and a decent left winger to compete with Garnacho.

I don't think anybody wants to sell him. Some of us think getting a high fee for him (which would help us with our FFP situation) could be the lesser evil over losing him on a free next summer.
There are plenty that would prefer to sell for a big fee, rather than Rashford sign a new deal.

There are lot of reports that he is close to signing new contract. Also no, there are many ManUtd who wants to sell him because his rumored contract doesn't fit in their expertly analysed imaginary wage structure.

Kane has slightly higher pressure to move. He will turn 30 this month, but yes he can also easily move on a free next year.
Rashford can as well wait and see if United or the new owners offer him more in a few months, otherwise he can just continue playing under ETH and probably even improve further and then move on a free.
Agree.

If Rashford leaves on a free imagine the signing on fee and wages they could give him. At least a 30m signing bonus and 500k a week I reckon.

Agree.

If Rashford leaves on a free imagine the signing on fee and wages they could give him. At least a 30m signing bonus and 500k a week I reckon.

No way, we would let him leave, let alone on Free.
Hoping these are just rumors from his agent for increase in salary. He deserves it and club should do it asap. Selling him would set the progress back for another 3-4 years.

No way, we would let him leave, let alone on Free.
Hoping these are just rumors from his agent for increase in salary. He deserves it and club should do it asap. Selling him would set the progress back for another 3-4 years.
What if he refuses to be sold? You simply can't sell a player without his consent.

The only thing a club could do in this case is to bench the player. Do we look like we could afford to bench our only proven goal scorer next season?

Edit: I got what you mean now. Yeah let's hope the club could make him sign a new contract soon.

If we could get £75m could we replace what he brings with £75m. If we can selling makes sense. For me the issue is still his performance level is either excellent or non-existent. A player that was a 7/10 every week for me beats having to put up with countless 3/10 performances for the occasional 9/10 run

I always like watching eng players abroad, so i wont be crying alot if it did happen.
I can see us turning to the old psg with transfers like neymar, mbappe, di maria- great players but shit together type mentality with new owners.

If we could get £75m could we replace what he brings with £75m. If we can selling makes sense. For me the issue is still his performance level is either excellent or non-existent. A player that was a 7/10 every week for me beats having to put up with countless 3/10 performances for the occasional 9/10 run

I do think a lot of Utd fans have a bit of a blind spot with Rashford. He’s exceptional at some elements of his game, but there are other key areas where he’s miles behind the very best forwards.

No thanks, we need quality players not money. Cost to replace 20+ goals a season from left wing will be alot
Getting the 20 goals with better football and not focusing on individual stats is not that hard.

I always like watching eng players abroad, so i wont be crying alot if it did happen.
I can see us turning to the old psg with transfers like neymar, mbappe, di maria- great players but shit together type mentality with new owners.
I can’t see us doing that with Ten Hag here

Oh god, the club are going to feck this up like they did with DDG and Herrera aren’t they? :(
How did the club feck either of those two up? Herrera was chasing the money and got it at PSG, De Gea was handled ungraciously but the outcome (him leaving) was the correct one.

I do think a lot of Utd fans have a bit of a blind spot with Rashford. He’s exceptional at some elements of his game, but there are other key areas where he’s miles behind the very best forwards.

Definitely. He had a really good spell last season around Dec-Feb but I honestly can't see a top drawer, mid-20s, Champions League level player in him.

I don’t think it’s a clear improvement but maybe Kvara from Napoli would be a good replacement.

And will cost more than 100 million, that itself should show how good a player Rashford is.

Not directed at you, there are some "ManUtd fans" who are so full of hatred for the player, it's ridiculous.

Getting the 20 goals with better football and not focusing on individual stats is not that hard.
Definitely. He had a really good spell last season around Dec-Feb but I honestly can't see a top drawer, mid-20s, Champions League level player in him.
Let him leave on a free to PSG then, we don't need him and he's not good enough anyway. We'll surely play some swashbuckling football and score shitloads once he leaves. 100 %.

Status
Not open for further replies.