Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, are there any realistic actual wage figures out there? Like is Saka on 300k a week? Really? Because if he is, then fair enough - Rashford should absolutely be matching him. But if half the numbers being bandied around are just press figures (ie, random numbers that only go up each time reported) and not actual wages etc, then it's not particularly helpful.

Also, is he even in the UK right now to sign a new deal? Or is this betrayal of his trust just down to him you know, being on holiday?

He'll become one of the highest paid players in the league and fans will scream in joy like teenage girls. Because United and everyone associated with the club don't learn anything, even after 10 years of evidence of how not to run a club
Keeping Rashford at the club is definitely not an example of how not to run a club.

He has been inconsistence player over past few years and his shite version is rather shite to command that kind of salary. But it’s not like we have other choice when he is currently on form of his life, and we really need his goals.

I’d give him 200k base salary with performance incentives, let’s say additional 25k for every 5 goals he scored, and max cap at 400k. If he managed 30 goals he would have 350k.

0 goals - 200k
5 goals - 225k
10 goals - 250k
15 goals - 275k
20 goals - 300k
25 goals - 325k
30 goals - 350k
35 goals - 375k
40 goals - 400k

He has been inconsistence player over past few years and his shite version is rather shite to command that kind of salary. But it’s not like we have other choice when he is currently on form of his life, and we really need his goals.

I’d give him 200k base salary with performance incentives, let’s say additional 25k for every 5 goals he scored, and max cap at 400k. If he managed 30 goals he would have 350k.

0 goals - 200k
5 goals - 225k
10 goals - 250k
15 goals - 275k
20 goals - 300k
25 goals - 325k
30 goals - 350k
35 goals - 375k
40 goals - 400k

Then you add signing on fee, loyalty bonus, apperance fee, image rights it will take the wages to over 600k.

Then you add signing on fee, loyalty bonus, apperance fee, image rights it will take the wages to over 600k.
Thing is no matter where you land on rating Rashford his improvement under Ten Hag combined with his output is undeniable and even if we end paying 350 k or slightly more a week wages it would be par for course in current Market .

And I am serious when I say it wouldn't be overpaying as Unlike some contracts for Eg De Gea's Last renewal Rashford would easily get those wages in open market without doubt based on his last season performances and his overall profile .

Thing is no matter where you land on rating Rashford his improvement under Ten Hag combined with his output is undeniable and even if we end paying 350 k or slightly more a week wages it would be par for course in current Market .

And I am serious when I say it wouldn't be overpaying as Unlike some contracts for Eg De Gea's Last renewal Rashford would easily get those wages in open market without doubt based on his last season performances and his overall profile .

Yeah, he will get that easily at most clubs and he will have plenty of takers on free transfer. He is very reliable goal scorer for us, except 2021-22, he was involved in 35+ goals, assists in 3 out of 4 seasons and that's when he signed the contract. He signed a 5 year deal, its been 4 years and he is producing numbers consistently but for some weird reason people think his 2021-22 was norm and rest all is fluke.

0 goals - 200k
5 goals - 225k
10 goals - 250k
15 goals - 275k
20 goals - 300k
25 goals - 325k
30 goals - 350k
35 goals - 375k
40 goals - 400k

Watch him become super selfish with that contract

Well my point is, it’s better to make it performance base contract, where he will get his demand should he meet certain requirement. And even if he is out injured while season, he will still get guarantee pay of no less than his current contract.

Watch him become super selfish with that contract
He is never really a team player anyway. He fine form always comes with him scoring goals and being impact player with his pace and threats on counter or as goalscorer.

Well my point is, it’s better to make it performance base contract, where he will get his demand should he meet certain requirement. And even if he is out injured while season, he will still get guarantee pay of no less than his current contract.

But the point you made would pay him around 40-50% more than the reported wages.

As it is, if the base wage is around 200k, then with all bonus he will earn around 350k. So why do you want to pay more than the reported wages.

He is never really a team player anyway. He fine form always comes with him scoring goals and being impact player with his pace and threats on counter or as goalscorer.

Maybe but you still don't set individual incentives that can be counterproductive to the overarching objective (winning), IMO

But the point you made would pay him around 40-50% more than the reported wages.

As it is, if the base wage is around 200k, then with all bonus he will earn around 350k. So why do you want to pay more than the reported wages.
I thought the report wage was 375k? While my suggestion range from 200k to 400k subject to performance base incentives.

Which means If he scored 40+ goals every season, I don’t think anyone would be against him getting 400k there, however if he turn shite and only manage less than 10 goals per season, he won’t get higher than 200-250k.

I thought the report wage was 375k? While my suggestion range from 200k to 400k subject to performance base incentives.

Which means If he scored 40+ goals every season, I don’t think anyone would be against him getting 400k there, however if he turn shite and only manage less than 10 goals per season, he won’t get higher than 200-250k.

Yeah, that was complete package including all possible bonuses. Like how Pogba was earning 290K including all bonuses but his base wage was around 144K. Rest 150K was all bonuses related to loyalty bonus, CL bonus, image rights.

Out of interest, are there any realistic actual wage figures out there? Like is Saka on 300k a week? Really? Because if he is, then fair enough - Rashford should absolutely be matching him. But if half the numbers being bandied around are just press figures (ie, random numbers that only go up each time reported) and not actual wages etc, then it's not particularly helpful.

Also, is he even in the UK right now to sign a new deal? Or is this betrayal of his trust just down to him you know, being on holiday?
Have a look at Capology. They are probably the most reliable source and they also tell you which wages have been verified.

RE: Saka. The 300k per week is comprised by bonuses. He's in theory getting about 195k a week but with 100k+ in bonuses. Assuming those bonuses are performance/accolade related.

Have a look at Capology. They are probably the most reliable source and they also tell you which wages have been verified.

RE: Saka. The 300k per week is comprised by bonuses. He's in theory getting about 195k a week but with 100k+ in bonuses. Assuming those bonuses are performance/accolade related.
Thanks, new to that site. Interesting that they have City well below us on wages...I find that unlikely tbh. I'm sure someone smart has tried to match these w annual reports

Thanks, new to that site. Interesting that they have City well below us on wages...I find that unlikely tbh. I'm sure someone smart has tried to match these w annual reports

Yes I did and it's full of shit.

Only good source is when the reputed journalists reports it and then it's usually not consistent.

City always had highly talented players playing for low salaries and not leaving though they can get way better wages elsewhere. Their wage structure is as reliable as their sponsorships.

Yes I did and it's full of shit.

Only good source is when the reputed journalists reports it and then it's usually not consistent.
I want to see where you've seen this. Remember wage bills that are reported are often the total wage bill of a given club (players, coaches, backroom staff, front office, etc).

I think it's very feasible that City pay less wages than us. Are we forgetting United have been one of the worst run clubs?

City always had highly talented players playing for low salaries and not leaving though they can get way better wages elsewhere. Their wage structure is as reliable as their sponsorships.

100%. The worst part is all the paper in the UK believe that and keep reporting City have lower transfers and wages spent than us bla bla bla.

Oh cone on, that's just the off8cial figures. Everyone knows city pays them all way more than that under the table.

Does Marcus’s contract expire tonight too or did we have/exercise an option?
You think this thread would be that quiet if his contract had expired today? He has 1 year left. Hopefully he signs soon!

Rashford is in the same contractual situation as Mbappe. Should we be concerned or glad that there has been no news thus far on the state of negotiations?

Keeping Rashford at the club is definitely not an example of how not to run a club.

The dislike for him is absolutely absurd.

In reality, he's had one poor season (when everyone was poor) and has generally offered a lot for the team. Even when "PRashford" was focused on fighting the government and feeding the kids, he still managed 20+ goals and a few assists in all competitions.

Given that he also has been used primarily as a winger and had hardly any consistency in terms of coaching, tactics etc then he's performed a minor miracle in scoring 123 goals for the side.

Whether he's worth 350k a week + is a very different kind of conversation but given what other players are reportedly earning (and what any replacement would probably cost) he probably represents value for money.

The difficulty with his contract is that he was being overpaid in 2019 by being given £200k a week when he hadn't done anywhere near enough to justify wages like that.

If you're asking how much should he get paid now, I still wouldn't say any more than £200k a week, in fact I'd argue he should be on less based on similar level players at other Premier League clubs.

I'm sure his agent is pointing to Sancho on £350k a week and Mount coming in on £250 to 300k a week too which probably means a minimum of £300k a week for the new Rashford contract.

The difficulty with his contract is that he was being overpaid in 2019 by being given £200k a week when he hadn't done anywhere near enough to justify wages like that.

If you're asking how much should he get paid now, I still wouldn't say any more than £200k a week, in fact I'd argue he should be on less based on similar level players at other Premier League clubs.

I'm sure his agent is pointing to Sancho on £350k a week and Mount coming in on £250 to 300k a week too which probably means a minimum of £300k a week for the new Rashford contract.
Like who and how much would "similar" players be worth in this market?

It's frustrating it's not signed yet from a fans pov however if I'm his agent knowing there's a very good chance the ME oil money will be washing through the club before the end of his current contract and therefore the potential to get his client (and himself) some of that city player money is very likely it's probably worth waiting for the takeover to complete .

The club may even end up paying him less money on the books :smirk:

We won’t sell him, (not) sorry to disappoint you.
I don't think we'll sell him but he's if he's not going to sign a new contract soon the we will have to think about it otherwise we'll lose him for nothing

I don't think we'll sell him but he's if he's not going to sign a new contract soon the we will have to think about it otherwise we'll lose him for nothing
If he doesn’t get a for him acceptable contract offer then he will most likely just leave on a free next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.