4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everything alright in his personal life. Having said that it’s probably best for him to be on the bench from now on as long as he’s still here. No effort and very little quality this season.

If Ratcliffe wants to prove he’s serious and if these football “experts” he’s supposed to be bringing in want to make a statement, then they have to get rid of this cowardly, lazy twat. Should have let him go to PSG when they were stupid enough to show interest in him.

That's his worse game since Rangnick. I'm not usually one to try and analyse body language and all of that, but it really looked like a sulking performance. Wasn't tracking back until Maguire called him out for it and then, like a petulant child, decided he wouldn't bother breaking forward at all if it meant he might have to come back anyway.

I mean, what was he doing today? He'd have been better off calling in sick. He's not had a great season, but he broke his drought against Everton and had the midweek off - you'd have thought he'd have been somewhat up for it.
The sympathy penalty from Fernandes at Goodison probably hurt his feelings even more.

Think it might be the first time I've said it but...sell. His crime is that he lacks consistency. You can't keep having seasons like this after a reasonably fruitful one like last. His reputation supercedes his ability.
Problem with last season is he was scoring ridiculous goals. So it has given people a false sense of his ability. Scored so many fluky goals but much of his general play is similar to how it’s been over the last 4-5 years.

He has never been great at tracking back but he would at least make a half arsed effort to jog along side his man but this now is just drivel. You can be not in form but that has nothing to do with effort. I’m surprised he lasted the t0 mins and wasn’t hauled off after 20. Truly terrible and just needs to sit on the bench for the rest of the season or get the Sancho treatment.

We need a manager who's able to drop and Rashford. We will never win anything with him.
Absolutely disgusting that he's earning what he does and pissing on our club.
We need someone above the manager to stop indulging this shit from certain players. ETH does not put up with laziness. No way he's happy with Marcus.
The whole club has to commit to weeding out players with a bad attitude - no matter who they are and if we end up 10th in the table for a season. Otherwise we're going nowhere. We shouldn't be held to ransom by any player.

What is wrong with him?
I wouldn’t mind if he came out and said he was struggling mentally, and then we bench him for a while.
Just baffling the extremes in his game.

What is wrong with him?
I wouldn’t mind if he came out and said he was struggling mentally, and then we bench him for a while.
can we stop with this? The club/manager have bent over for him and rewarded him like a king. This is the result

Looks like he’s fallen out with the manager to add to the list that includes Sancho and Varane. Nevertheless the sulking performance is unacceptable, even if you do have issues.
He's been like this since the beginning of the season. He might fall out with ETH recently - but his bad attitude and lack of effort is all on him from the start of the season. Don't know what his damn problem is.

What is wrong with him?

So you want him to give more excuses for not putting the efforts in to protect his reputation and most importantly your love for him?

He used to be my favourite player and I respect him for his work off the pitch. He also has the talent to be a top LW. He just doesn’t have the mentality. His work rate is appalling. He plays without intensity. He doesn’t take on his man. He shies away from challenges. He also looks slower than before. I’ve got no idea what happened to him, but it cannot continue.

What I don’t get is why EtH is accepting the performances. Either the coaches figure out what’s wrong with Rashford and help him overcome his issues or he’s benched until he himself figures out if he actually wants to be a football player again.

Put him on the bench until he works his way back in. It's not rocket science. If he doesn't show the right attitude and performance levels, then he stays on the bench.

For the 60 minutes that Rashford, Martial was on the field United may well have been playing with 9 men tonight given their lack of involvement or effort and both should be dropped to the bench for Wednesday after that display

So you want him to give more excuses for not putting the efforts in to protect his reputation and your love for him?
Haha feck off. I far from love him.
im just baffled by the level of performance he’s showing compared to last season and if he admitted to some reason behind it at least we could make sense of it and then he would be benched until he plays well again.
that’s all .

If I was given the manager role at United I think I would sell him if I can get a replacement in. The moments of magic will be hard to replace but you bring a more player to fits a system then it makes a massive difference.

Not based of this season alone too, he's too hot and cold and he's one the very few players we can get a good fee for. It will be good for him too, a club like PSG works well. But it will never happen, too big of a call

We need a manager who's able to drop and Rashford. We will never win anything with him.
Absolutely disgusting that he's earning what he does and pissing on our club.

It probably goes further than the manager. Disneyland the club wants their Mickey Mouse to be at the forefront of everything.

I’m certain he’s not getting any better ability wise than what we’re seeing now. His decision making is still awful 8 years on and every half decent defender reads him so easily. Nick the ball off him and expect no resistance.

Football looks like a chore for him. Is he more interested in being some kind of high end influencer now? Pogba, Lingard, Sancho and seemingly him now. We need to get better at personality vetting players. Ferguson tolerated players who had a loud personal lives provided they put in the performances but a trend of decline or declining performances and they were booted like Yorke and Beckham.

If I was given the manager role at United I think I would sell him if I can get a replacement in. The moments of magic will be hard to replace but you bring a more player to fits a system then it makes a massive difference.

Not based of this season alone too, he's too hot and cold and he's one the very few players we can get a good fee for. It will be good for him too, a club like PSG works well. But it will never happen, too big of a call
It’s much more straight fwd than that.

you just wouldn’t play him.

if fergie can bench beckham. ETH can easily bench Rashford… and there’s literally no come back to it

We'll look back and think talk of an over 100m bid from PSG was some sort of fantasy. Among all the bad transfers post ferguson, not taking that money for this guy is right up there.

To the basic eye test, I dont see how anybody could see Antony, as underwhelming as he is, as a worse player based on pure technical ability. And this is a guy who cant use his right foot. He can control a ball, he's strong, he moves the ball better, he works harder for the team. He has many many limitations but I use him as an example because of how overt the criticism of him is.

Looking like Ten Hag will be another sacked during fantastic, unreplacable, unsellable Rashford’s Utd career.

For all his goals there has always been something very unconvincing about him.

For his sake he needs dropping, as he is clearly not capable of playing his way out of the hole he has fallen into right now.

Look at the picture we use for him at the top of the thread. I believe that was after he scored a last minute winner against Hull in José's first season.

He used to look like he loved football. He used to remind me of Rooney and Tevez with how hard he worked off the ball. Those times seem long gone now. He's like the opposite of Ronaldinho who couldn't stop smiling whilst playing. It's like a chore for him.

From his interviews it always sounds like he needs everything else in his life to be perfect for his football to be good. We can’t carry someone like that.

Just an absolutely awful player

im just baffled by the level of performance he’s showing compared to last season and if he admitted to some reason behind it at least we could make sense of it and then he would be benched until he plays well again.
that’s all .

Basically you want him to say something you want to hear to soften the blow your love for him.

Don’t worry, we see him do that quite regularly, no doubt his PR team will be on this soon.

Pathetic excuse of a professional footballer. Even worse he's one of the top earners in the PL.

Push him towards Saudi and use the money to rebuild the squad.

Fecking work shy coward

I wonder how it works at team meetings at the top level of football. Would Ten Hag play this on a screen in front of the team in a debrief and actually ask him "Why the lack of effort?" Or are players with his profile protected from that kind of thing?

Rashford’s ra ra team have been extremely quiet this season after calling 85% of sell voters idiots and know nothings.
Where are you now Rashford FC?!

He's never been this bad or looked so disinterested though. He's not even trying at all now. He needs to be dropped until he shows some fight, if he ever does.

I said it after last season and I'll say it again.
If PSG offers 70m for him, I'm selling. The guy isn't good enough as a "main man" and never will be.
That clip is embarrassing.

that’s all .

That’s pretty reasonable, I think.
Personally I am sick to death of Rashford. I don’t know whether he’s just spoilt and can’t be arsed or whether he has some underlying psychological issues that prevent him playing well.

The outcome is really the same. And though he scores some great goals every couple of seasons, they really don’t begin to balance the shit we get from him the rest of the time.

I think maybe the Glazers protect him from the consequences of his dreadful attitude and keep him on the field because he’s a commercial asset. I am hoping Sir Brexiteer might not have the patience with him, if his own outfit want control of football at the club. I think we need rid of Rashford, and I’m hoping that they do too.

I mean you're basically playing with 10 men when he's on the right, but that tonight was absolutely dreadful.

He's gotta be dropped after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.