4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it might be the first time I've said it but...sell. His crime is that he lacks consistency. You can't keep having seasons like this after a reasonably fruitful one like last. His reputation supercedes his ability.
Spot on. If he was to ever have another purple patch, it can’t be trusted. If he gets 10 in 10 you just know that the drop is coming.

you can’t trust a player like that. It’s just not worth the misery in between.

but of course we’d have idiots saying ‘he’s back’ when in actual fact the Rashford we’ve witnessed for the last 6 months I’d argue is the real Rashford.

he’s lucky Southgate is England manager as well. We all know he has his trusted players and seemingly Marcus is one of them.

But he shouldn’t be anywhere near the euro squad and dare I say, it’s a real danger that Southgate might grow some balls

His body language when out of form is truly awful. Has to be dropped now. No longer being selected on the left and offers close to zero on the right. Antony not much of a threat either but he at least finds his full-back on the overlap.

I'm tired of Marcus Rashford godawful cycle of "One great season followed by an absolute shit one, rinse, repeat". It's tiresome and honestly not worth the efforts. The guy can't play 2 good seasons in a row.

That time he timidly challenged Livramento on the touchline, lost, gave up, then couldn't be arsed tracking back anymore probably boiled my piss more than watching Liverpool win the World Cup would.

Wild how a single United fan - especially any that watched the Fergie era - can stand him, never mind rate or like him.

Actively cheats his teammates by walking through games, bottling out of tackles, refusing to compete for aerial balls he doesn't fancy, completely abandoning and selling out his full-back and single handedly breaking down our (admittedly shit) press by jogging round half-heartedly leaving an easy out ball every time.

That's before you even start on his mental midgetry that somehow coexists with a massively inflated ego and comical level of entitlement.

An absolute anchor for the team in all facets.
Yep. He wouldn't have got near a SAF team. Give me Welbeck over him every time.

Which also kind of sums us up, he's seen as a marquee player of the side and he'd get absolutely nowhere near a league best XI.

He thinks he's a lot better than he is. I can understand the lack of confidence but not running is inexcusable. It's like he thinks he's Mbappe/Ronaldo and only needs to run forwards.

When he first came onto the scene he would chase absolutely everything so it's an attitude thing.

What is the matter with him? For real?

Why does he always look so fed up? Even when he scored the penalty he looked like he was about to cry

Has there been a bigger drop in performances (and I don't mean just goals) from a contract year to the one after the player signed the new contract?

Today was the worst I have seen him play. Livarmento had a free ride on his side as (T)Rashy just wasn't interested. Felt like he rather fall out with ETH & be clubbing with Sancho than be on the pitch.

First time ive ever truly wondered if a player has a playing clause in a contract. I cant remember a player play so poorly for so long without time out of the side, and not just that, but rarely subbed too. It's shocking. Hopefully some miracle happens and it just clicks tonight, but he shouldn't be near the starting line up and it undermines the idea that form is rewarded.
United as primarily a 'brand' (and not one which the owners understand to be dependent, long-term, on playing success, even if you take the most 'cynical' line of reasoning regarding ensuring the team does well). He's a 'face' , a marketing prop to be plastered across sponsoring and 'official merchandise' , though slightly ironically at least 50% of that Rashford brand - setting aside a streaky goalscoring run last season and a couple of previous decent seasons - comes from campaigning around the sort of social justice concerns our dear ownership would secretly consider to be 'pinko nonsense'...

Pathetic performance. I don't think I'm more angry at a current United player more than him.

I have given up on him a long time ago. All the bad parts of his game are still there and absolutely no improvements except for the purple patch last season.

Embarrassing performance. Barely any interest in tracking back. Lost the ball cheaply on the rare occasion he had possession in the Newcastle half. Astonishingly lazy.

Why wasn't he substituted at half-time ?

Really beginning to feel like ten hag is giving him the rope to hang himself.

Not sure that's a wise move, because the powers that be will side with golden boy over everyone else.
ETH did give him that rope and was starting to sub him off earlier and earlier in games. Then it suddenly stopped and Rash is starting all the time. Of course someone above ETH intervened. Had to have happened. No matter what you think about ETH, it is completely out of character for him to put up with a lazy display from any of his players.

A performance we've come to expect from him. It's like playing with 10 men. Newcastle didn't respect him at all either.

I don't want see him starting the next game and Antony should have started this game.

Pathetic. He keeps getting picked - why are we rewarding lack of effort and performance? Bench him till he realises he is no Ronaldo and he needs to put a shift in to stay in the team.

Contracts should be pro-rata’d

yes you can have a 350k contract but thats if you’re playing week in week out.

too players wouldn’t mind it because they know they’re gonna be playing.

if you ain’t playing it means you ain’t performing and if you ain’t performing you ain’t getting you’re money.

I’d love it if this was introduced. Might make people like Rashford actually have some pride in their performance instead of signing and then switching off

Abysmal, a total disgrace, shameful, unprofessional, pathetic, embarrassing.
No passion, no desire, no fight, no commitment and no brains.

If he keeps getting selected, Rashford will continue to be a lead weight dragging a struggling team down and Utd will pay the price on the pitch.
Bin him off to play X-Box with Sancho and invite offers in January.

That's his worse game since Rangnick. I'm not usually one to try and analyse body language and all of that, but it really looked like a sulking performance. Wasn't tracking back until Maguire called him out for it and then, like a petulant child, decided he wouldn't bother breaking forward at all if it meant he might have to come back anyway.

I mean, what was he doing today? He'd have been better off calling in sick. He's not had a great season, but he broke his drought against Everton and had the midweek off - you'd have thought he'd have been somewhat up for it.

We need a manager who's able to drop and Rashford. We will never win anything with him.
Absolutely disgusting that he's earning what he does and pissing on our club.

I was a big fan but not anymore. I don't really mind if he's playing badly. Players can have good period and bad period especially forwards. But he's not even trying and that's simply unacceptable.

If ETH has any ball he should send Rashford back to the reserves.

When will ETH finally bench him? Rashford defenders may say our alternatives haven’t done enough but at least they have all been dropped unlike our ‘star’ player who has consistently played when fit except for one game where he was rested for a cup game.

Looks like he’s fallen out with the manager to add to the list that includes Sancho and Varane. Nevertheless the sulking performance is unacceptable, even if you do have issues.

Everyone who said we should've sold him to PSG was 100% right.

His attitude and mentality sums up everything wrong with the club.

He's been shifted from consistently starting on the left, which he fancies so much, to starting on the right hand side, now he's being subbed off more frequently. Either he improves or he's going on the bench.

...Or Garnacho gets injured and Rashford goes back to starting left again.

Playing Rashford in the hope that he we'll regain some sort of form clearly hasn't worked well for us.

Disgraceful performances so far this season. In hindsight we should've sold him to PSG when he was on a high.

But with last season in mind it was obviously hard to tell that his form would dip to this extreme.

It was entirely predictable, what you're seeing now is his level.
I figured he'd have a drop off from last season but he's dropped off below even what I thought he would.

Last season was, granted, an impressive purple patch. But there were still echoes of the type of player he truly is.

And, in spite of what his supporters would have you think, he is not a world class player, and if Fergie had not left he probably wouldn't have made it out of the academy to play for us.

ETH needs to drop him, fast, because he is detrimental to the team - it's no coincidence that the 2 games he hasn't played for us this season we've actually looked more of a cohesive threat.

I suspect however that Rashford is the hill ETH is going to die on.

He’s absolutely dogshit. Genuinely the most overrated player in football history.

Looks like he’s fallen out with the manager to add to the list that includes Sancho and Varane. Nevertheless the sulking performance is unacceptable, even if you do have issues.

He seems to have fallen out with quite a lot of them. Petulant child.

Status
Not open for further replies.