View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him more time. Baptism of fire thus far. Thrown into palace with 10 men desperately hanging on to their bombardment. Then Leeds home-away battles. Think he will grow better into the season as he understands his team mates, the system, coaches and the league’s intensity.

Like all players from the Bundesliga it may take him time to adjust to the speed of the PL.

Another solid performance.

He's really got the fight to play in this league. Beautiful switch to Shaw for our first goal, showed good vision.

I like him a lot.

Same here. He may not be the controller that Eriksen is but what we lose in passing may gain in work rate and pressing.

Should do better beside Casemiro but I really hope we send him home when the season is done. Don’t see anything in his game from a purely fundamental base standpoint that he offers that we cry out for

What he offers is a bit of everything. Better passer than Fred and McT, better pressing and legs than Erksen. You cannot judge him in this role cuz he doesn't play this role of build up from defense, and then with Fred who is poor himself in buildup

Finished the game strongly. Was all over the place in the first 75 minutes like the rest. Not a defensive mid. He's a box to box like Fred, similar level, just different qualities. Which is fine, but really needs Casemiro there next to them.

Way higher level than Fred, way more consistent, way better on the ball, touch, passing and awareness.

He won't be playing a side with the intensity of Leeds every week. They have a pretty unique way of playing and its really unsettling for sides.

I will look forward to watching him against Leicester where I anticipate he will get more time on the ball.

He will still struggle because he is not used to playing as the build up guy. Hopefully Licha playing well help him.

Really good, hard pass through a small gap forward to collapse their defence and then hit the switch to Shaw. He was Leipzig's best overall midfielder, he's definitely good enough to be one of our main 4 guys for 3 spots (Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro) with Fred as #5 and then we upgrade from Fred in 2024 would be my guess, though if we don't spend more than the 25M or whatever Sabitzer would cost this summer we need to improve upfront and probably with a better passing keeper.

That was the key pass.

Looking forward to the midfield of Fred, Case and Sab. Proper nasty midfield that !

More interested in Casemiro, Sabitzer and Eriksen. Now that will control games against most teams.

More interested in Casemiro, Sabitzer and Eriksen. Now that will control games against most teams.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see us chase games when we’re down next year like this for the last 15 minutes - if we sign a mobile replacement for Maguire like Timber, who it seems like Ten Hag wanted - as a last resort:

Rashford————-#9————————
————————Bruno————-Antony
—————Eriksen————-
———————Casemiro—Sabitzer———
—Shaw———-Lisandro———-Timber—
—————————GK———————

We have no idea yet if Ten Hag will bring in a proper plan B or just keep doing lots of plan A and have a late game defensive option (he’s gone to 5 at the back at times) and a wild attacking option.

The above is what Ajax did at the end of his tenure, but with Mazraoui instead of a running midfielder like Sabitzer, which implies Dalot instead, but Sabitzer can run and tackle. Or maybe we replace Wan-Bissaka with an attacking option like Frimpong or wait until 2024 and go for Livramento. I do think Sabitzer is probably the most versatile guy we have now after Lisandro and Shaw. Those 3, Malacia and Casemiro gives you the ability to play a lot of funky total football influenced type stuff in the defensive half if need be to combat teams stifling our buildup after getting more and more tape of us.

Honestly I think he's doing pretty well overall considering he basically got thrown into 3 scrappy games with new teammates in a new league right after coming here. Even provided a great pass to Shaw for his assist.

Want to see him next to Casemiro. He could be a very good foil for us.

He is only getting positive reviews because he is new. He spent the first 70 or so minutes doing his best McTominay impression, having no clue where to position himself in the build-up, and he was the same in the home game.

He has looked decent on the ball, but he has to be doing so much better to get on it. One of the main reasons we struggled to get any sort of control in possession.

Soldi start so far, if he keeps it up I wouldn't be opposed at trying to strike a deal and have him as a squad option next year, which is something I wouldn't say about our other loanee

He is only getting positive reviews because he is new. He spent the first 70 or so minutes doing his best McTominay impression, having no clue where to position himself in the build-up, and he was the same in the home game.

He has looked decent on the ball, but he has to be doing so much better to get on it. One of the main reasons we struggled to get any sort of control in possession.
He's getting positive reviews because he's playing ok in a makeshift midfield having only just joined the club.

He's been fine, nothing more nothing less and that's really all we need right now.

He's getting positive reviews because he's playing ok in a makeshift midfield having only just joined the club.

He's been fine, nothing more nothing less and that's really all we need right now.
I don't think he's been playing ok. Only just joined the club I agree with.

I don't think he's been playing ok. Only just joined the club I agree with.
That's fair enough.

Many others seem to think otherwise but it's all subjective.
I'd be interested to see how he is with Casemiro next to him.

He’s had a better start than Casemerio did. He doesn’t look match fit, Which is understandable. He’s definitely an upgrade on Mctomminy. Let’s judge him after a few more games and when he’s not playing with Fred.

I don't think either him or Fred can control a game.

Both need to play next to someone like Casemiro.

He is very versatile. Was he playing as a RB when he made that pass for the first goal? Probably an EtH tactic because of his passing range.

Nothing really special until that cross field pass.

let’s see though.

He’s certainly not been remarkable but he’s already had a better United career than Donny van de Beek.

I don't think either him or Fred can control a game.

Both need to play next to someone like Casemiro.

In case you're looking for a Deep-Lying Playmaker then you will be disappointed with Sabitzer, since this is the role he played the fewest in his career. At Bayern Kimmich fullfills this role. Not saying he cannot grow into a good 6, but imho he's more suited as 8 or further ahead. He's quite versatile and has a good work rate. At Bayern he also played some games on the wings (left/right), sometimes behind the striker, but most games he played as a central midfielder.

Last edited:
I think he's fine. He's been at the club just over a week. He doesn't seem to struggle with the intensity of the PL, but it'll take him a little bit of time to recognise his team mates runs etc and you'll see more ambitious passing.

He's a good player, passes the eye test.

Would RB leipzig notice if we send mcT back at the end of the season and we keep him?

I thought he was excellent for only his second start - got stuck in, and was smart on the ball.

I'd be happy to keep him instead of Fred. Would Bayern sell him for 20-25mio pounds in the summer?

The game was so messy, that it was hard to really judge him. He got stuck in and was a vital part in the opening goal, so I'm pretty satisfied. Hope we see him with Casemiro against Barca on Thursday.

Same here. He may not be the controller that Eriksen is but what we lose in passing may gain in work rate and pressing.
Eriksen wouldn't have done any better in this kind of game.

Their midfield is really combative and their whole game plan was to disrupt us through midfield. We've seen he struggles when being pressed in tight spaces.

I think the true proof will be the other games coming up. Leicester should be a good test.

Still early days for me.

He struggled to find a way into the game yesterday imo...but finished the game strong at least.

Hopefully he kick on from here.

He and Casemiro will make a good combination. He will be good for us till Mainoo is ready

Two very good passes in the lead up to the opener. Like others have said, I think he'll be a very good player for us beside a natural sitter like Casemiro. Has had a baptism of fire for sure, but he doesn't seem a shrinking violet at all, and decent on the ball as well.

He has all the attributes, and was key for both of Rashford's goals this week.

Him and Fred are a duo I'll be a glad to see the back of though. They both have similar profiles and don’t really compliment one another.

Particularly when pressing, they both charge at the same time and cause us to essentially vacate the midfield.

He'll look far better with Casemiro behind him (as do most players).

Thought he was decent. Weirdly seems to be on the stretch making most of his passes and I'm yet to figure out if that's just because he received terrible balls or he's just good at getting to loose balls others might miss.

Most players in his shoes would've been overwhelmed understandably, coming from the BDL not having played much and being thrown in the deep end against a rabid Leeds side who probably play the game at twice the speed he's used to. Twice in a week no less, AND not only did he just do a job, but played a massive part in both games.

It's only a small sample size so far, but going off the way the he's not hidden when he could've easily, but shown some guts, I want more players like this playing for us. It helps he's a very handy footballer too. Would be very happy if we signed him perm in the summer, along with maybe a Bellingham or FDJ. One can dream.

I think Sabitzer will be excellent alongside Casemiro. Think we will control games in the midfield really well. It’s just a shame they both aren’t playing together against Barca.

I think he'll look good next to Casemiro, same as Fred usually does, but together they're just chaos.

I think Sabitzer will be excellent alongside Casemiro. Think we will control games in the midfield really well. It’s just a shame they both aren’t playing together against Barca.
Least he'll be back for the second leg.

From this short sample, I think there is something in this guy. He seems to find a few more seconds on the ball than our other options in CM not called Eriksen or Casemiro. He also seems a smart player and very calculative going into duels while also capable to carry himself. He needs time obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.