View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silky and cerebral. If we can finish the year with Sabitzer and Casemiro as our main midfielders, we will win multiple trophies imo.

Good 2nd half, I said in the match day thread that I wouldn't be sure about keeping him though. He'd be a good McTominay upgrade but what we really need is an Eriksen upgrade + a Casemiro back up and he ain't either of those

He looks like a good player who is not quite match fit, and probably not playing in his best position, but given those two factors, he has done well.
I think this is key. He'd be brilliant in the Fred role but he's had to exercise restraint to compensate for the absence of Cas. Had a very good 2nd half today but you've definitely seen reds given for his first half challenge. Lucky boy.

Good game from him - I don't he is the best playing as the holding mid. He should be better next to a Casemiro rather than Fred

Looked good with Scott back and Casemiro's suspension over I would like to see what he offers as the furthest midfielder. Could hopefully be future competition for Bruno.

He looks like a good player who is not quite match fit, and probably not playing in his best position, but given those two factors, he has done well.
Good performance, his use of the ball again being impressive. Just lacks a bit of pace so gets caught out at times in transitions
This.

I don't rate him in that deep midfield position, could've played anyone there to the same effect. But he's a good b2b midfielder so I'm happy we won't need to play him deep again (with Casemiro and McTominay back).

This was such a good piece of January business. Very impressed with how quickly he's slotted into the team and looked at home.

The way he plays reminds me of Toni Kroos. Ok he may not have the raking passes (although I think he can hit them). He seems a very smart player. Some of the passes and pace of pass are a level above our usual standard (last season).

For me he’s a keeper. Should we keep him, come the start of the next season he’ll be valuable.

His tackling is rusty but hes full of energy and passing better than expected. Needs to be a bit further forwards ideally. Good pickup.

I like him. If he keeps progressing especially with case beside him I'd defo look at adding him to the squad full time

Thought he was great in the second half. Brought us control and aggression!

Good 2nd half, the best thing about him is his work rate, a great option to have in Cas & Eriksen's absence

I'd keep him, he's a very good squad player when everyone is fit

Recovered the ball 11 times. Sabitzer and Casemiro might be unstoppable together.

Came alive in the second half and looked very impressive in the 15-20mins before he was subbed.

I was starting to get worried but he did impress at the end. Here's to hoping we actually get to see him alongside Casemiro because I doubt they've played more that 30mins together.

Technically very good and isn’t afraid to get stuck in. I would like to see him next to a world class DM in Casemiro just to allow him the opportunity to get forward as much as possible.

Also great to see him this early in his Utd career to start pissing off Mr Graeme Sourness :D

Looks like a quality player that has a little bit of everything. I think he will be even better once he gets to play next to Casemiro and have more freedome to get forward. Definitely a big upgrade on McT and Fred.

As expected he's getting better for us the more minutes he has

Status
Not open for further replies.