View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should do better beside Casemiro but I really hope we send him home when the season is done. Don’t see anything in his game from a purely fundamental base standpoint that he offers that we cry out for

Great on ground duels but poor on Aerials. I like him as a player. But is he a big upgrade from McT ? I don't know that yet.

Fought hard .. did well on occasion, not an an easy introduction for him into the league to play twice against Leeds.

I like Sabitzer, good all round player. He doesn't really excel at anything, but he does everything quite well.

Went missing, don't know if that was because we played so deep, but he didn't get involved much at all. Good play to build to up the first goal.

He's a good player. He's just not a defensive midfielder and should not be playing games with another #8 in Fred.
Yeah not really fair to judge him or Fred overall in the current state without Casemiro in there. They are both clearly number 8s so dropping deep to play out under pressure is not one of their strengths. Just highlights how important it is we get someone to backup Casemiro though going forward to at least properly play the position.

Doesn't even need to be a true defensive midfielder, just someone who is comfortable on the ball in the 6 role. Fred, Sabitzer, and even McTominay can make a solid partnership defensively, but none of them will allow us to play out the back the same way.

He hasn't been trusted enough by his teammates. Not involved enough in our build up. Our defenders making slow passes, wrong passes sloppy passes and no passes at all to build through our midfield. This guy hasn't done much wrong.

Decent performance in a hard fought win. I was screaming out for the switch to Shaw, in the passage of play before he got it to make the opener. So I was delighted when the ball went to Sabitzer and he curled it out to the left. He's an #8 and will be better with Casemiro.

Grew into the game. Wins his person ground battles and turns over possession by the opposition. Considering he hasn't even been here long enough to gel with his team mates and be subject to EtH's transformative training, he has done well.

Spent a lot of the time hiding instead of helping the build-up play, but he did help for the first goal. Good enough at winning the ball back. Average so far.

Finished the game strongly. Was all over the place in the first 75 minutes like the rest. Not a defensive mid. He's a box to box like Fred, similar level, just different qualities. Which is fine, but really needs Casemiro there next to them.

Decent performance in a hard fought win. I was screaming out for the switch to Shaw, in the passage of play before he got it to make the opener. So I was delighted when the ball went to Sabitzer and he curled it out to the left. He's an #8 and will be better with Casemiro.
Same :lol:

From everything I saw from Sabitzer vs Palace and Leeds, I like him as a player. Will be interesting to see him with Casemiro behind, think he'd benefit from it hugely like Fred. He's fine option to have with Eriksen out next few months.

Thought he was decent if unspectacular. Fed a couple of hospital passes by Dalot in the first half and did well to get himself out of trouble. Nice work for the second goal too.

Everything he does reminds me of Bastian Schweinsteiger. The way he moves, runs, and touch.

He will be good with Cas. Tidy player and gives energy, good positionally. Was never going to set the world alight but lets see if he can develop an understanding with Casemiro and give us solidity in midfield.

Seems to be on Fred level to me, a bit more classy on the ball but not much between them.
Anyway, we didn't get him to play as #6 and he's still not match fit, so no worries.

Brilliant pass to Shaw before the cross. I’ll hold judgement until he’s had a run next to Cas.

He did ok overall, but was great for the goal. He took the ball around half way line, an Incisive pass to get us on attack, joined In then the switch into space. Need more of that.

Reckon it was a tough start but getting him was important given who else would we have played if he wasn't here? Reckon things will get better for him especially as most teams won't press like Leeds

Went missing, don't know if that was because we played so deep, but he didn't get involved much at all. Good play to build to up the first goal.
I'm not sure you really know what you're talking about.

Leeds dropped off and purposely screened our midfield giving the CB's all the time and space they wanted.

There was very little room in midfield hence why he had to keep pulling wide to the right flank but pick the ball up.

Rewatch the game and keep an eye on their midfield press. They did well tactically.

To say he was hiding is frankly stupid.

Tough couple of games to come into but thought he did fine. Expect him to be better with Casemiro alongside and more time with the team.

2nd game from the start in the PL for him. In a midfield without our best players and a CB that can't pass a football. Thought he was fine and very good for the goal

Remember, first few games of Casemiro were not up to the mark. Perhaps need some more time to settle in.

Can we refrain from criticising him until he has played alongside a good midfielder

He played quite safely in the first half but our defenders were shitting the bed and didn't even dare pass the ball into midfield.

Got better in the second half. He has the knack of somehow prizing the ball out from unfavourable angles. Really good play in the lead up to the first goal.

Improved as the game went on, doing ok seeing how he's come in and both 1st choices are out, adapting to a new league while being thrown in at the deep end is a challenge for any player.

Average performance but impossible to judge him in the current role he's playing. Let's see him in his natural no.8 role before we write him off.

No point judging him until he plays alongside Casemiro because we're asking him to be something he's not.

He’s had a bit of a baptism of fire and you can clearly see he’s still finding his feet but you can see the quality and it will be good to see what he is like in a game when we have more control over the ball. Fantastic ball to Shaw.

He is easily better than Fred and Mctominay which itself is more than enough. We need Casemiro back though.

I think he’s decent. Good all round technique and positionally. Will do so much better with Casemiro and Varane/Martinez behind him and more choice of attackers ahead.

He’s easily the second best midfielder at the club for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.