Manuel Ugarte | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may very well be making a fuss over nothing of course. I would rather my manager understand from the off that Ugarte was a better option than McTominay and Amrabat.

"Ten Hag was cooler on Ugarte, partly because his arrival was always likely to necessitate the sale of Scott McTominay
The United manager was also still open to signing Sofyan Amrabat on a permanent basis after impressing at the end of last season as a holding midfielder, particularly in the FA Cup final. A deal was still possible despite the expiry of United’s option to buy as part of his loan from Fiorentina"

I just don't like the above. But the below paragraph is far more encouraging, in terms of collaboration.

But Ten Hag was brought around to Ugarte in meetings with the other members of the recruitment structure, where he was shown video clips of the 23-year-old’s performances and came to appreciate his ball-winning ability and qualities out of possession.

I'm not fussed about him needing to be convinced of Ugarte, that's surely standard. He's not a scout and likely has barely ever watched Ugarte play, it's for the club to present the player to the manager.

I am however concerned if he views players with no technical quality like Mctominay as integral to his plans.

At the end of the day some midfielders had to make way for new signings. Casemiro, Eriksen and Mctominay should have all been on the chopping block - casemiro and Eriksen are his signings, and he apparently wanted Mctominay to stay, so I'm not sure who he wanted to leave to make room, or if he somehow thought our midfield didn't need reinforcements? That would also be worrying, as I think we really needed a minimum of 2 midfielders this summer.

He looks like he's been cast to play a Soviet government official in every 80s movie.

A bit of common sense would be for him to stay in England over the international break and get settled in Manchester.

But no doubt the federations will drag him half way around the world.
Uruguay has 6 players suspended, not a chance. Blame Ugarte for not punching Colombian fans.

I am however concerned if he views players with no technical quality like Mctominay as integral to his plans.
He likes his known quantities despite our results indicating he needs better. Basically, he lacks the foresight and ambition to get us where we want to be.

Guessing he takes Sanchos 25
That's what I was thinking as someone on Reddit posted some pics the other day when he was on a stadium tour and there was someone having pics taken. You could see the number but not much else.

I may very well be making a fuss over nothing of course. I would rather my manager understand from the off that Ugarte was a better option than McTominay and Amrabat.

"Ten Hag was cooler on Ugarte, partly because his arrival was always likely to necessitate the sale of Scott McTominay
The United manager was also still open to signing Sofyan Amrabat on a permanent basis after impressing at the end of last season as a holding midfielder, particularly in the FA Cup final. A deal was still possible despite the expiry of United’s option to buy as part of his loan from Fiorentina"

I just don't like the above. But the below paragraph is far more encouraging, in terms of collaboration.

But Ten Hag was brought around to Ugarte in meetings with the other members of the recruitment structure, where he was shown video clips of the 23-year-old’s performances and came to appreciate his ball-winning ability and qualities out of possession.
Ten Hag has proven that he’s not the best judge of a potential signing, and won’t be at Old Trafford for that long anyway.

Ten Hag has proven that he’s not the best judge of a potential signing, and won’t be at Old Trafford for that long anyway.

Just hope he actually uses Ugarte well while he's around.

I agree that his time might be up. We got everything in-place already (RvN, Hake are perfectly capable interims and Ten Hag only has one year on the contract left end of season). I don't believe all the theatrics around the manager being backed and such. Problem children like Sancho need to be moved on anyway. They have a clear vision for what type of player each position needs and are building the squad in the direction of their liking. The 200m spent isn't backing Ten Hag, it's just INEOS doing the right long-term thing for the club.

Just hope he actually uses Ugarte well while he's around.

I agree that his time might be up. We got everything in-place already (RvN, Hake are perfectly capable interims and Ten Hag only has one year on the contract left end of season). I don't believe all the theatrics around the manager being backed and such. Problem children like Sancho need to be moved on anyway. They have a clear vision for what type of player each position needs and are building the squad in the direction of their liking. The 200m spent isn't backing Ten Hag, it's just INEOS doing the right long-term thing for the club.
I'm sure EtH will use Ugarte, from the outside looking in, it seems like Ashworth and co have a good working relationship with EtH and they wouldn't target Ugarte if EtH was totally against it, and the bolded part is what I hope is the case, EtH or the next manager/head coach should be able to work with a squad built by a competent football structure.

I found the highly controversial match comp against AC Milan, because its not on youtube. And its unfair to judge a player on a bad day, but we have seen his best(vs Arsenal), so this is more of how bad it can get. Very stupid caption aside

You really are scouring the cesspit to continue the conversation with yourself, you’ve reiterated your point probably 100 times on this forum you don’t need another way to say the same thing. He’s here now why don’t you just wait until he does something shite so you can jump all over that, I’m sure you will be ready for for even the slightest of errors. Even the greatest players have bad days, the best just have less.

You really are scouring the cesspit to continue the conversation with yourself, you’ve reiterated your point probably 100 times on this forum you don’t need another way to say the same thing. He’s here now why don’t you just wait until he does something shite so you can jump all over that, I’m sure you will be ready for for even the slightest of errors. Even the greatest players have bad days, the best just have less.
Yeah fair enough, could do with less negativity on a sunday morning, post deleted.

Any news on his squad number? Shame Amad has the 16 . I would like to see him take Keaneos old number .

Delighted we finally have our man but annoyed he wasn’t registered in time despite the deal and medical having all been signed and done before the registration deadline.

Looking forward to seeing him play after the international break though.

Delighted we finally have our man but annoyed he wasn’t registered in time despite the deal and medical having all been signed and done before the registration deadline.

Looking forward to seeing him play after the international break though.
Has his late registration even been confirmed? It doesn’t even matter anyway, he’s not had a preseason he’s not played since the Copa and there’s no way ten Hag was going to throw him in cold against Liverpool

Has his late registration even been confirmed? It doesn’t even matter anyway, he’s not had a preseason he’s not played since the Copa and there’s no way ten Hag was going to throw him in cold against Liverpool
It was confirmed by various journalists that we hadn’t registered him in time, mostly because it seemed like we were awaiting for Napoli to confirm McTominay’s signing first. Don’t know why but it’s done now.

I know he was not going to be thrown right into this game as it would have been suicidal to pitch him in straightaway when he hasn’t played at all since the summer. But just a cameo off the bench for a couple of mins wouldn’t have done him any harm (scoreline dependent).

Actually think himself and Casemiro would be a pretty formidable midfield 2. It's a shame that there doesn't appear to room for both of them in our strongest starting XI. But wouldn't be surprised if Casemiro & Mainoo rotate more than Casemiro & Ugarte.

First thing I thought as soon as Sky Sports showed clips of Ugarte being presented to Old Trafford was why the feck are we literally the only club that all media inflates transfer fees for ?

It’s been reported by all respected journalists that the fee was £42 million rising to £50 million with potential add ons yet the media ALWAYS includes add ons in our fees yet doesn’t with anyone else.

Actually think himself and Casemiro would be a pretty formidable midfield 2. It's a shame that there doesn't appear to room for both of them in our strongest starting XI. But wouldn't be surprised if Casemiro & Mainoo rotate more than Casemiro & Ugarte.

I instantly take this back.

I fear he'll be under a lot pressure to perform and give the way we setup, it's asking too much of any one individual to transform things.

Status
Not open for further replies.