Manchester United Vs Swansea City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's time to stick some money on Swansea winning this one.

Do it man, it's win win really. If we lose we get some money to comfort us and if we win then we are only a fiver or tenner down.

Disappointed to see the same combination on the right today after it cost us points. Fabio could surely do no worse at right back and Swansea aren't a side you would expect to cause us problems aerially.

Also disappointed that Kagawa appears to be starting on the left although I appreciate we have injuries.

Do you think that instead of using the "Smalling for aerial ability" trump card, he uses the "follow Smalling in case of an evacuation" trump card? I really fail to see why else you would play Smalling for a fullback in this match.

What else I don't like about this is that he is using three centre backs in one match before a string of matches. It's unwise.

We look defensively poor but I don't have many complaints with the attack, bar Valencia.

Bit weird that you'd continue to use Smalling out wide and ignore Fabio. He and Zaha will probably get 30 minutes though.

We should give Buttner a run out on the left wing.

At least it keeps him further away from our goal and let's face it, our wingers aren't exactly ripping it up at the minute.

Zaha and Fabio instead of Valencia and Buttner would have been good but it seems that wanting to see them starting is a lost cause.

Otherwise it is a fine team. Expect a win today.

It will be interesting to see if we'll go with a 4-4-2 or with a 4-5-1 (Welbeck on the left, Kagawa on the center).

Smalling & Valencia again?

feck off Moyes.

He's not got that many more options. Most of the alternatives are holidaying in the Owen Hargreaves Memorial Treatment Spa.

Bit weird that you'd continue to use Smalling out wide and ignore Fabio. He and Zaha will probably get 30 minutes though.

You come in here, say shit like that just to stir things up, don't you? It's not a bit weird, it's frickin unbelieavable that Moyes continue to use Smalling behind Valencia. Behind Nani it could work, but not behind Valencia. Well well, we'll see...

He's not got that many more options. Most of the alternatives are holidaying in the Owen Hargreaves Memorial Treatment Spa.

Well, it's Fabio available but surely something nasty has gone behind the scenes between him and Moyes.

Well, it's Fabio available but surely something nasty has gone behind the scenes between him and Moyes.

That's been obvious to be for a long while now. I don't understand the constant moaning when he doesn't start, as if it's some big surprise.

You come in here, say shit like that just to stir things up, don't you? It's not a bit weird, it's frickin unbelieavable that Moyes continue to use Smalling behind Valencia. Behind Nani it could work, but not behind Valencia. Well well, we'll see...

No. I can see why he would considering Buttner is balls at defending and Ferdinand is back after ages back so it helps having a good CB, but he's a poor RB in an attacking sense. But then it would just make more sense to drop Ferdinand and play Fabio - Smalling - Evans - Buttner.

That back 5 is just awful :lol:
I'm not kidding when I say it's probably the worst possible back 5 combination we can put out (well rio next to whoever).
Hope they do well though, obviously. I would say that we're at home and should do well, but us being at home is more of a worry these days. Expect another flying and exciting performance from our right flank, Valencia and smalling :drool:
Not sure how welbeck will do with Hernandez however, they didn't prove to be a very good partnership in the past under sir Alex so it'll be interesting to see.
We should have enough to win it though.

That's been obvious to be for a long while now. I don't understand the constant moaning when he doesn't start, as if it's some big surprise.

The moaning is more because the alternatives (Smalling and Buttner) are awful there.

If something 'nasty' had gone on between Fabio and Moyes then he wouldn't be making the bench.

I think this is more because of the lack of options. With our injuries he had to put someone on the bench.

Rafael is still injured right? Maybe Moyes doesn't even know Fabio exists and just thinks he is Rafael, therefore still injured.

Considering the not insignificant outlay in signing Zaha and form prior to the 13/14 season, i wouldn't mind the press doing something useful and asking Moyes about the situation. If SAF had remained we surely would have seen more of Wilf in the intervening months.

That team is just horrible. Zaha's tryst with Moyes's daughter, must've been a spit roast involving Fabio.

Considering the not insignificant outlay in signing Zaha and form prior to the 13/14 season, i wouldn't mind the press doing something useful and asking Moyes about the situation. If SAF had remained we surely would have seen more of Wilf in the intervening months.
I think they have done, and Moyes said Zaha will get his chance.

I would rather rest Smalling and Valencia, but to be honest in an FA Cup home match there is nothing wrong in playing them. I'm more worried about Lindegaard and Buttner.

The way our season is going going out of one of these comps early would be a blessing in disguise.

feck that. A nice cup run would help put some excitement back into our season.

No I didn't take it as that. I took it telling the manager to feck off which isn't much of a sign of support.

I'd love to back him to the hilt. I'd love him to come good and be an unqualified success. But his team selections, his tactics, the things he says in the press, are making it very hard. You can't just support someone blindly for the sake of it. There has to be some sign of progress, some sign that he's worth supporting. Right now, as each month progresses, those signs become less and less I'm afraid. I wish it wasn't like that, but it is. He's been a disaster so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.