Manchester United Vs Swansea City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is more because of the lack of options. With our injuries he had to put someone on the bench.
He's made the bench a few times, I just think he's definitely leaving on a free at the end of the season so Moyes is trying to develop Buttner instead, he was very emotional when he scored against Norwich, it looked like he was saying goodbye. Not playing him doesn't really seem fair though, it's hampering his development, send him on loan or just release him if you're not going to use him because of a contract issue.

feck that. A nice cup run would help put some excitement back into our season.

I'm looking at the squad and I don't know if we can manage a good FA cup run. We should progress in the CL at least one more round, I expect us to get to the final of the Carling cup and we need to really worry about the league. Can we cope with fighting on four fronts atm?

You know what I find complete baffling? The fact that moyes used Fabio and zaha in pretty much every game during the pre season and both impressed, yet the second the season starts, they don't get a sniff and they aren't loaned out. I mean what the feck is that about? Did they have a threesome with moyes' daughter?

You know what I find complete baffling? The fact that moyes used Fabio and zaha in pretty much every game during the pre season and both impressed, yet the second the season starts, they don't get a sniff and they aren't loaned out. I mean what the feck is that about? Did they have a threesome with moyes' daughter?

Wow! This is getting interesting.

Is she fit?

He used Anderson pre season too. In fact he was our best player along with Lingard. Seems like preseason was fairly pointless.

I bet Moyes would say something like: Fabio and Zaha have not played enough football to start a match as important as this.

He used Anderson pre season too. In fact he was our best player along with Lingard. Seems like preseason was fairly pointless.

Nonsense - we found out that we've got a squad full of weaklings and perma-crocs.

Good God, that really is a shit team.

Really uninspiring cast of back up players, right there.

Swansea are as long as 8/1...

I actually don't think the lineup is as bad as most are making out, I just don't know why Smalling is playing right back once again. Either Fabio or Valencia playing there would be preferable.

David Moyes is a recidivist.
Smalling/Valencia axis again after the shower of steamy shit they served barely few days ago? Do these people actually rewatch our games? Pairing Smalling with Evans in the central defence & starting Fabio is the most logical option here. An overlapping Fabio would benefit Valencia which would give us more heft going forward.

This has a draw written all over it or even a loss.....

I'm looking at the squad and I don't know if we can manage a good FA cup run. We should progress in the CL at least one more round, I expect us to get to the final of the Carling cup and we need to really worry about the league. Can we cope with fighting on four fronts atm?

Getting knocked out of the Champions League by Olybiakos would be embarrassing to say the least.

I actually don't think the lineup is as bad as most are making out, I just don't know why Smalling is playing right back once again. Either Fabio or Valencia playing there would be preferable.

It's not that bad, it's just uninspiring. Hernandez will ruin every move, Kagawa will be ineffectual from the left, we'll struggle for cohesion down the right because Smalling's not a natural.

Great to see Kagawa start and I hope he can produce some silky stuff for us. Also good to see Fletch in there too.

Good God, that really is a shit team.

Really uninspiring cast of back up players, right there.

Swansea are as long as 8/1...

Aye, well I went greedy on it, I put a fiver on Swansea to win 1-2. 22/1 that was.

Valencia? Did you not watch our last match? It's scandalous that Fabio isn't getting a chance in a game like this. It's affecting Smalling's confidence by continually playing him in a position that he cannot play in.

It's as good as you can expect really, the only problems are smalling at right back, buttner at left back and Valencia at right wing. Put zaha, Fabio for rio, smalling in the middle and I guess you can keep buttner since there's nobody else and most on here would be happy. Basically just 2 players but those 2-3 players are just truly painful to watch.

Sensible XI from Moyes all things considered. We've a big month ahead on the domestic front (three competitions) and the Champions League campaign kicks off in earnest again in February. I'm unsure why people are having a moan about it.

Also, remember we hammered Arsenal in the Cup a few years back with the Da Silva twins in midfield as teenagers. We need to trust those in charge, they'd hardly put out a makeshift side on purpose.

Regarding Fabio - I honestly feel that Moyes just isn't seeing enough from him in training tbh, otherwise he would be getting his chance.

We could do with some new players as we has run out of options for rb, lb and cm.

Coleman, Baines, McCarthy and possible Mirallas would be great.

It's as good as you can expect really, the only problems are smalling at right back, buttner at left back and Valencia at right wing. Put zaha, Fabio for rio, smalling in the middle and I guess you can keep buttner since there's nobody else and most on here would be happy. Basically just 2 players but those 2-3 players are just truly painful to watch.
Zaha hasn't even impressed enough to take Valencia's place imo, even against Swansea. I can imagine he will come on at some point, also I am really sick of hearing about Fabio - but that's another argument. Rio also needs a game himself, hasn't played for weeks.

Great to see Kagawa start and I hope he can produce some silky stuff for us. Also good to see Fletch in there too.

You'd hope so, as we certainly won't see it from any of our other players out there besides Welbeck.

Serious question. I believed that Moyes always played a 4-2-3-1 at Everton or a 4-3-3. Both formations with inside forwards as opposed to wingers. Why is he suddenly putting out bog standard 4-4-2's every game? Especially when it minimizes the best of two of his most dangerous players, Kagawa and Januzaj? Necessitates the playing of Valenica and/or Young.

Gary Neville said on SSN analysis at the start of the season that united will always play very wide, regardless of who is the manager because it is in the historical DNA. At the time I thought there was no way Moyes would persists with that, given his history and the players available, but it seems Gazza was right. Can't help but feel that Moyes is shooting himself in the foot here.

Do we not have any academy fullbacks that we could use in games like this?

Smalling is a class centre half but is no fullback. Can you imagine a Vidic, Terry or Tony Adams being asked to play a role like this? It's utterly stupid.

Moyes really isn't helping himself at all. That defensive is a disaster waiting to happen.

Regarding Fabio - I honestly feel that Moyes just isn't seeing enough from him in training tbh, otherwise he would be getting his chance.

It's obvious that this is the case.

We could do with some new players as we has run out of options for rb, lb and cm.

Coleman, Baines, McCarthy and possible Mirallas would be great.

I know you're probably being smart arsed, but 3-4 of those players would be a big improvement to our squad and 2 of them a big improvement to our first 11.

I am wary of picking a team because they run around in training, some players do all their running in training and nothing in a game.

Serious question. I believed that Moyes always played a 4-2-3-1 at Everton or a 4-3-3. Both formations with inside forwards as opposed to wingers. Why is he suddenly putting out bog standard 4-4-2's every game? Especially when it minimizes the best of two of his most dangerous players, Kagawa and Januzaj? Necessitates the playing of Valenica and/or Young.

Gary Neville said on SSN analysis at the start of the season that united will always play very wide, regardless of who is the manager because it is in the historical DNA. At the time I thought there was no way Moyes would persists with that, given his history and the players available, but it seems Gazza was right. Can't help but feel that Moyes is shooting himself in the foot here.

He's rarely played a straight 442 with us. Just because there's two forwards in the 11 doesn't make it a 442.

Maybe, although to me that means that Smalling and Valencia must be like Cafu and Jairzinho respectively in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.