Manchester United Vs Swansea City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea will well be up for this and probably think they are favourites right now.....so on that note, i'd say we are going to smash em. It will be an open game and I would love to see someone other than Evra at LB - he needs dropping/resting, whatever the term is for being a liability is.
Have a go at them from the off and really put on a display. 3-0 United (i'm never this optimistic).
COME ON MOYES

roll on this one. Swansea are having a pretty poor season themselves, and winning straight away can calm all our fans down a notch.

Sounds like Rooney might be out for a few games, so hopefully Welbeck continues his form.
Kagawa for a run of games in his main position?

Is it too much to ask for Fabio to start this one?

roll on this one. Swansea are having a pretty poor season themselves, and winning straight away can calm all our fans down a notch.

Sounds like Rooney might be out for a few games, so hopefully Welbeck continues his form.
Kagawa playing in his natural position for a few games looks a lot better written down. When he gets consecutive games in behind, he just doesn't show up. In saying that, I hope he does but I have got to the stage where I don't expect him to take his chance the way we know he could.

I don't why.....but Sunderland vs Carlisle is now on Sunday too

It' still a disgrace for both clubs to have 2 games during 48 hours (espcially after so many games in the last couple of weeks).........but that are good news for our League Cup game against Sunderland.

I really can't wait for the line-up against Swansea.

I can't tell whether we'll take this one more seriously or the Sunderland match.

Usually I'd be all over this, but for the first time in many years, I do consider it as a bit of a distraction for us. We need to win though as another loss would not reflect well on us. Give the kids a good run out - Zaha, Fabio, Lingard etc.

Got a terrible feeling about this. If Rooney is carrying a knock I doubt we'll risk him. Same with Carrick if he's not fit yet.

Laudrup loves the cups and he knows they've got enough depth to have a steady league season, so they'll surely put a full team out here. We'll be nervous and rigid as ever I think. 0-1

I'd seriously consider playing Januaj there, but with Young and Nani out we need him playing down the left. Whoever plays there will have a task and a half if our midfield don't step up. Hopefully Carrick and Fletcher will both start to give us a bit of shape.

Team should be...

GK: De Gea

RB: Smalling
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Evans
LB: Buttner

RM: Valencia
CM: Fletcher
CM: Carrick
LM: Kagawa

CF: Welbeck
CF: Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj

Team should be...

GK: De Gea

RB: Smalling
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Evans
LB: Buttner

RM: Valencia
CM: Fletcher
CM: Carrick
LM: Kagawa

CF: Welbeck
CF: Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj

Why would you have smalling and buttner as fullbacks, with fabio on the bench?

Because we all know Fabio aint getting a game so it's pointless putting him in there

de Gea​
Fabio--Smalling--Evans--Evra​
Carrick--Fletcher/Giggs
Valencia--Kagawa--Januzaj
Welbeck

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Buttner, Cleverley, Giggs, Zaha, Hernandez

I completely forgot about Zaha so again as there's unfortunately not a call in hells chance of him starting put him on the bench in my side in place of Fabio

He has concentration issues so not really.

Not saying much considering Buttner is pretty useless himself. I don't see Fabio playing purely because Moyes doesn't seem to want to try him, despite that I personally would put him in over Buttner and Jones/Smalling at fullback.

Not saying much considering Buttner is pretty useless himself. I don't see Fabio playing purely because Moyes doesn't seem to want to try him, despite that I personally would put him in over Buttner and Jones/Smalling at fullback.

Yup and I see him having more of a future here than buttner but he needs to iron that out of his game before getting a chance. Right now, if we do promote him the chances of him really working on that aspect of his game will be lower than being told to cut it out and then be rewarded.

sake let's not continually do this selecting Fabio stuff! He won't be playing!

Swansea are tired, this will be their 40th game of the season. Having said that though, they're still a very good side and will boss the possession. They just tend to fade away in the second half, Bony is going to be a problem if he plays. Was very impressed watching him the other day.

Oh feck off, I had it in my head that this was on today at 16.30.

feck Sake.

Just stop with the Fabio business, obviously he's shat on Moyes' breakfast and he's leaving in the summer. Even when our full backs are on their last legs, he doesn't get to play a single minute.

Would like to see Fabio on the right and a free four consisting of Kagawa, Zaha, Lingard and Welbeck. And I'm not even joking, am sick of Valencia's dreadful appearances in the last two years. We have close to no options on the left, so just play Jesse, he can't be any worse out there than Kagawa, who should play through the middle. Hernandez is pointless when we create very little, so Danny needs to play upfront. Still expect to get served the same old shite... with Rio, Giggs and Evra starting, Kagawa playing wide and Chico being isolated upfront, while Smalling/Valencia continue their shitness on the right.

De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Kagawa; Welbeck, Hernandez.

Past caring about any line up, just want to win and game and play well. Would even take a good team performance over a win - as daft as that sounds. Tired of watching them play repetitive, boring, predictable football. The signs were starting to show against Spurs that there is some fight and quality in our play, we just need to do it from the start.

I'd go pretty strong for this one, we need a win at OT and I think we can use the first leg against Sunderland to rest some players. I think this is an opportunity to use Kagawa in the hole, if Rooney does need a break then we need to get him in form. Can see Fletch starting this one as well. We're a bit thin on wingers though atm so will be interesting to see how Moyes rotates.

I'd love dearly to see a change in formation - the 4-4-2 leaves us so reliant on our wingers

Team I'd like to see

DDG

Fabio (some chance!)
Evans
Smalling
Buttner

Carrick
Fletcher
Kagawa

Zaha (some chance!)
Welbeck
Hernandez

it's a pretty weak defence but we have 4 games in 11 days and a semi is more important than this game -

get back soon Nani, Rooney, RVP, Young

he'll not play Zaha - what a waste of a talented player - why not let him go on loan for the first few months of the season to Palace or wherever so he could get some PL experience - he'd have been able to come back to United for the second half of the season with plenty of experience

A Zaha start would be nice, a Buttner non-appearance even better.

I think we'll use key defensive players for this one and key offensive players for the semis.

If I were Moyes

---------------------------------------------De Gea---------------------------------------------

--P.Jones-------------------N. Vidic-----------------C.Smalling-------------------J. Evans---

------------------------------------------Carrick----------------------------------------------

--------------------------Cleverly--------------------Kagawa------------------------------

----------W. Zaha-----------------------Wellbeck---------------------Januzaj----------------

Power, pace in defense.
Pack the centre mid to avoid being outplayed
Let Zaha and Kags play to prove their worth. Wellbeck in virtue of form.
Prediction: 2-1 Zaha, Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.