Manchester United Vs Swansea City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Fabio - I honestly feel that Moyes just isn't seeing enough from him in training tbh, otherwise he would be getting his chance.

I struggle to believe that given Fergie said him and his brother are excellent in training. I don't know what it is but it's frustrating that he can't even get a start in a cup game when we have an injury depleted squad and Büttner who has repeatedly proven he is shitness personified starts again.

I am wary of picking a team because they run around in training, some players do all their running in training and nothing in a game.

How does that apply? Even if that's the case which I strongly doubt, in this scenario that would mean Fabio is doing zero running around in training.

I know you're probably being smart arsed, but 3-4 of those players would be a big improvement to our squad and 2 of them a big improvement to our first 11.
Sort of as it was only Everton players, but I think all four are fantastic, not sure why I would rather have of them. Coleman is young but we got Rafael, Baines is getting older, Mirallas is a top player for me, McCarthy has done great so far.

At Everton it was more like 4-4-1-1. Their wingers was not more attacking than they were in a 4-4-2.

Zaha hasn't even impressed enough to take Valencia's place imo, even against Swansea. I can imagine he will come on at some point, also I am really sick of hearing about Fabio - but that's another argument. Rio also needs a game himself, hasn't played for weeks.
Valencia has been pretty awful every time he's played, so it's more of a case of him showing more then enough to lose his place rather then someone taking it. He shouldn't have a place in the team.
Agree with rio, he needs a game, just would've rather given him it in the capital one cup, it's like moyes is prioritizing that over the fa cup which is weird.

On Fabio, what is the reason you're sick of hearing about him? Questions are rightly being asked because it makes no sense, he's obviously far better then both our back ups for right back and left back, yet can't get a game. He played constantly during pre season, and impressed, and scored in his last appearance in the first team, yet can't get a sniff. He played in a champions league final as well for us and was our main right back that season as well, and did pretty well for qpr last year. There's absolutely no chance he's regressed so much that he's a worse option then buttner or smalling at fullback, no chance at all. I'm not saying he's some potentially world class fullback, but he's definitely good enough to be good, solid cover for both sides, and questions will keep being asked until moyes gives a good reason.

He's rarely played a straight 442 with us. Just because there's two forwards in the 11 doesn't make it a 442.

Ok, so one forward usually drops off but it clear to see two distinct lines of four behind, with the wingers hugging the touch line. When Kagawa plays he drifts in naturally but always ends up back out there.

I think it's the same scenario that happened with Nani, not signing/stalling on a contract so Fergie opted to play people who have a long term future although I hope that doesn't apply to Buttner.

Sensible XI from Moyes all things considered. We've a big month ahead on the domestic front (three competitions) and the Champions League campaign kicks off in earnest again in February. I'm unsure why people are having a moan about it.

Also, remember we hammered Arsenal in the Cup a few years back with the Da Silva twins in midfield as teenagers. We need to trust those in charge, they'd hardly put out a makeshift side on purpose.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the line-up - you're right, we do have a testing period coming up. But there's no doubt whatsoever that it doesn't inspire confidence and it's rather dull.

Nearly time. I'm tingling with excitement...or is it my trapped nerve?

Valencia has been pretty awful every time he's played, so it's more of a case of him showing more then enough to lose his place rather then someone taking it. He shouldn't have a place in the team.
Agree with rio, he needs a game, just would've rather given him it in the capital one cup, it's like moyes is prioritizing that over the fa cup which is weird.

On Fabio, what is the reason you're sick of hearing about him? Questions are rightly being asked because it makes no sense, he's obviously far better then both our back ups for right back and left back, yet can't get a game. He played constantly during pre season, and impressed, and scored in his last appearance in the first team, yet can't get a sniff. He played in a champions league final as well for us and was our main right back that season as well, and did pretty well for qpr last year. There's absolutely no chance he's regressed so much that he's a worse option then buttner or smalling at fullback, no chance at all. I'm not saying he's some potentially world class fullback, but he's definitely good enough to be good, solid cover for both sides, and questions will keep being asked until moyes gives a good reason.

Horrible exaggeration and you have conveniantly ignored his good games, where he has scored and assisted.

As for Fabio, he has regressed clearly, otherwise he would be getting more game time as Rafael is injured. As it stands Moyes must be seeing something in training that makes him pick Smalling more. Lets be honest, Rafael has become a much better player than Fabio.

My only surprise with Fabio at this stage is that he hasn't been sold already - I expected an announcement on January 2nd at the latest that he'd gone somewhere for pennies rather than for free in the summer.

Shame - I like him a lot in the team.

I can't believe that you guys still don't get it. Fabio is leaving in the summer. Why the hell would Moyes want to play him?

Horrible exaggeration and you have conveniantly ignored his good games, where he has scored and assisted.

As for Fabio, he has regressed clearly, otherwise he would be getting more game time as Rafael is injured. As it stands Moyes must be seeing something in training that makes him pick Smalling more. Lets be honest, Rafael has become a much better player than Fabio.
Okay I probably should have mentioned his recent form has been awful. I'm not saying Rafael isn't a better player then fabio, he clearly is, but I can't see any other reason then it being a contract issue with fabio, which is plain stupid IMO.

"....There may be trouble ahead
But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
Let's face the music and dance....."

....or at least kick the fooking ball in the back of the net...

Just seen the lineup, nope. Team doesn't strike me with to much confidence. Hopefully they can get the job done though

Yeah same here, doesn't fill me with confidence unfortunately. But of course, hoping for the best, I'd love it if Fletcher had a huge game in midfield!

I feel we could win this, but if so it will be anything but comfortable. Of course this team could shock us all and hammer the shit out of Swansea....lol....who am I kidding, Buttner is playing.....

Nice to see fletch with his twins!

We need to get a winning mentality back at Old Trafford. Can't have teams coming here and getting what they want.

This team should be getting the result because there's enough quality out there.

He's had very few good games. As for assists and goals, he's had 1 goal and 2 assists in 17 games.

So Fabio couldn't hold a place in a relegated QPR team but he should be in at RB or LB whenever Rafael or Evra are not available?? Like many of the squad players he us not good enough.

Come on the lads. But not in the way you're thinking.

Is Ginola shit on the English channels? He does some work for the French channels now and again, and he always comes across quite well, seems pretty level headed.

Of all commentators on English and French channels, I find Ginola absolutely brilliant. There is no bias with him whatsoever. He is better than Desailly, Lizerazu, Neville, Rednapp, Souness, Keane, Gray, Tyler et al. However, another one that should be mentioned in the same breath is Arsene Wenger, another brilliant co-commentator and his analysis is second to none.

Having had a good luck at our side and the quality of Swansea's, we should be looking at a 4 or 5-0 easily. We have the quality to beat this lot.

Possessing the quality in theory isn't the same as it materialising in practice [particularly in FA Cup or knock-out football], i hope the team are ready for this mentally today.

If the Swansea LB has any pace then he can expect to be hit with 100 mph footballs from 3ft for the next 90 mins. How fecking depressing.

Wenger is commentating? What??

Status
Not open for further replies.