Manchester United vs Rangers (Sat 20th July, 16:00 UK time)

Observation about Yoro is that he is very urgent about getting the ball forward. He doesn't waste a single second longer than he needs to. One touch, spread out wide. One touch, forward centrally. It's because of this that we're able to get Amad those nice positions to do some damage.

Garnacho might need a prolonged rest after Copa, so Amad will surely start the season as our RW, no?

Bang on. He’s better defensively and technically more sound. McTominay can leave so Ugarte can make us much stronger overall.
First time seeing Colyer but he strikes me much more as a true defensive mid which McTominay never really was despite being pinholed there. Seems like Colyer would be the cover to Ugarte or another defensive mid as he doesn't strike me as a creative deep lying playmaker type.

I think the idea is rashford/ Sancho for lw, Amad/Garnacho for rw. Antony is surplus so probably available for transfer.
This seems right to me. That’s a good selection. Maybe 1 more from academy to fill out.

Amad was about two levels above Sancho I felt. Looking forward to seeing Ennis on the left second half as I feel he has far more energy than Sancho has shown.

People getting their hopes up about Amad just gonna be disappointed. ETH doesn't even rate him ahead of Antony let alone to bench Rashford who is an automatic starter if he isn't injured and shows up on time.

Amad and Sancho playing really well.
Mount doing his bit too and Yoro trying his best to fit in the team.

I bet Amad will be still behind Rashford and probably even Antony at the start of the season.

Observation about Yoro is that he is very urgent about getting the ball forward. He doesn't waste a single second longer than he needs to. One touch, spread out wide. One touch, forward centrally. It's because of this that we're able to get Amad those nice positions to do some damage.
Yes and having Matrinez as the other CB it should improve our playing out of the back quite considerably.

Rangers fans must be thinking to themselves how on earth was Amad not as good as this when he was on loan there a few years ago.

I don't know if it's muscles he's put on or he's just slightly overweight but I think if Sancho could slim down a tad he'd gain that extra spring in his steps he had when he was at Dortmund in his first few seasons.

Collyer looks really good....Sancho looks the damn same just not interested

Mount runs around and works hard but not real product to him

Yoro looks good

Still don't understand the team shape though especially on the ball....why the feck is jonny evans stepping into the midfield or why is AWB coming into the midfield?? they are playing a 442 so we already have an open player, stay wide to keep their outside mid out of the defensive space

I don't know if it's muscles he's put on or he's just slightly overweight but I think if Sancho could slim down a tad he'd gain that extra spring in his steps he had when he was at Dortmund in his first few seasons.
I just don't think he's very good regardless of weight.

People getting their hopes up about Amad just gonna be disappointed. ETH doesn't even rate him ahead of Antony let alone to bench Rashford who is an automatic starter if he isn't injured and shows up on time.
Where does this myth come from? Not only has the manager been vocal in his praise for Amad, but he was also starting ahead of Antony last season.

Going from De Gea - Maguire - Varane as a defensive core to Onana - Martinez - Yoro in a couple of years is taking us to a different planet of ball-playing ability at the back.
Imagine if we could spawn a Rodri out of nowhere. With Onana, Yoro, Martinez, Shaw, Dalot and Mainoo, there would be no weak link in the buildup when they are all available.

Rangers fans must be thinking to themselves how on earth was Amad not as good as this when he was on loan there a few years ago.
I forgot he went there on loan. I just remember his very good spell with Sunderland and glimpses he’s shown with us. If we give him a run of games next season I think he’ll make that spot his own

Amad - sharp, dangerous. Can finish on his own or find a good final pass. 100% ahead of Antony and Sancho for RW.
Yoro - calm, comfortable on the ball. Takes the free space easily, gliding with the ball forward. Passing is accurate with good touch. Defensively not challenged too much but did well when he had to.
Mount - active and makes himself available. Gives out positive energy and mostly played well, against this level of competition will be very useful, but against strong teams should probably be on the bench.
Sancho - neither his passing nor his dribble brings any danger. Possession style player who would be good in a tiki taka team. Probably best to sell.
Collyer, Murray and Wheatly looked decent, I would be ok with Collyer and Murray getting minutes this season if they don't end up on loan.
Casemiro way better than vs Rosenborg, hope it was just the fitness. Good sign if he is going to play this season.