Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sat, 19 October 2024 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    I have a nasty feeling we will lose and ETH will get sacked Monday morning.

He wants to play a certain kind of football. He hasn't got the players to make it work in the EPL and frankly it may be impossible to make such a fragile idea work in such a competitive league. Maybe Dutch ideas don't thrive at high temperatures. Feel like ETH is a failed experiment.

I agree.

Should be straightforward today I think. Despite what’s been said in the media the performances have been getting steadily better and it’s only a matter of time before things click in to action.

Comfortable win by least two goals.

Mbuemo hat trick.

Fletcher on the bench. Good to see!

Wonder what Thomas and poor little old Brentford will moan about after getting spanked out the gate today. Can't stand that smug whiny gobshite.

Brentford and that floppy haired twat can get fecked.
    I remember after we beat them under Rangnick, the bitter twat made a reference to us spending 72m on Sancho "who didn't even play today". Turns out Sancho was on compassionate leave after attending a funeral. You can get away with saying shit like that at little old Brentford, but I'd love to see him make a mug out of himself at a bigger PL club (not United).

That Casemiro and Eriksen midfield will easily get overrun and could cost us the game.

Let's score some goals. We're on 5 which is feckin disgraceful. Forget the manager. It's up to the players now to inject a bit of belief for fans. No excuses today.

I'm yet to be convinced starting Rashford, Hojlund and Garnacho together is a good idea. None of them are creators and look to take a shot first. Hope they prove me wrong but I said the same against Tottenham too.

Want to start Rashford and Garnacho then have Zirkzee between them who can drop deep and try to play them in.

Want to have Hojlund up top then have Amad or Antony(shocking I know) who look to atleast pass to the striker.

It's what I would have liked anyways.

I don't think Hojlund works with Rashford and Garnacho wide. If you're going Hojlund, you should go Amad wide. If you're going Rashford and Garnacho wide, you should go Zirkzee up top.

I'm yet to be convinced starting Rashford, Hojlund and Garnacho together is a good idea. None of them are creators and look to take a shot first. Hope they prove me wrong but I said the same against Tottenham too.

Want to start Rashford and Garnacho then have Zirkzee between them who can drop deep and try to play them in.

Want to have Hojlund up top then have Amad or Antony(shocking I know) who look to atleast pass to the striker.

Agree with the garnacho rashford and hojlund point. Neither winger provide anywhere near enough for a striker to get any glory. Thats where they both need to improve massively. Decision making in important moments essentially creating for the striker.

If they can add that to their game more then we’ll score more goals, our strikers will score more and we’ll be much further up the table.

Used to be fond of Garnacho. Unfortunately, he’s turned into a greedy twat like Rashford. Our wide players give our strikers zero hope, as the greedy cnuts just look to cut in at every opportunity and take low percentage shots.

Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho sparks so little optimism in me as a front three. There might be some potential there for the future, but as of right now it’s just not the one. It is what it is though.

Used to be fond of Garnacho. Unfortunately, he’s turned into a greedy twat like Rashford. Our wide players give our strikers zero hope, as the greedy cnuts just look to cut in at every opportunity and take low percentage shots.
    Yeah. A shame as I felt it was improving with Garnacho this season but he has reverted to type with his selfishness. I remember that moment against Aston Villa where he was surrounded by 2 or 3 players yet took a shot and refused to pass to Hojlund who was in a better position.

Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho sparks so little optimism in me as a front three. There might be some potential there for the future, but as of right now it’s just not the one. It is what it is though.
    Same here and it sucks. The only forward we have that I actually want to watch is Amad and Ten Hag is benching him now for some reason.

No Amad again? He has to significantly outperform Rashford and Garnacho to get equal chances.

I don't think Hojlund works with Rashford and Garnacho wide. If you're going Hojlund, you should go Amad wide. If you're going Rashford and Garnacho wide, you should go Zirkzee up top.

Completely agree. That front three should only be deployed in counter-attacking scenarios where their pace and movement can be fully exploited.

Yep. Play like they've never met each other before. Fully expect more of the same today.

Just the second time this season I got the starting XI right. The first time was when we lost 3:0 to Spurs...

Not got high hopes for today, we tend to struggle against Brentford.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 212 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw