Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sat, 19 October 2024 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Completely agree. That front three should only be deployed in counter-attacking scenarios where their pace and movement can be fully exploited.
    Considering how pinned back we were the last time we played them it might be the plan here. Also have to factor in our not so quick central midfield with Casemiro and Eriksen who are going to have a lot to chew on today.

Am I right in thinking that their whole back 4 consists of centre backs? Did they replace that set-piece coach Chelsea took? And what are they like at set-pieces?

Jan Mølby (former danish Liverpool player) claims that his contacts have told him that United have asked Brentford what it would take to bring Thomas Frank to United, if they choose to sack ETH, and the price is 20 mill. punds.

Lots of first time balls over the top coming today with that midfield and attack.

Jan Mølby (former danish Liverpool player) claims that his contacts have told him that United have asked Brentford what it would take to bring Thomas Frank to United, if they choose to sack ETH, and the price is 20 mill. punds.

feck that. Apart from Guardiola and Klopp, there's not a single manager out there worth paying a transfer fee for.

If he's the preferred choice, offer him the job and then make him force his way out. Once the Brentford players get a whiff that their manager no longer wants to coach them, their performances will tank and Brentford will probably end up sacking him.

He doesn't like midfielders. Ineos brought one and he's trying to prove some sort of point.

INEOS bought a midfielder to encourage him to play more solidly but he doesn't seem to want to. Maybe he thinks he can coach Ugarte into the player he wants? Maybe he's just insanely stubborn.

The player we brought from Chelsea for £60m, while they bought Palmer for £40m, remember?
    I don't see why people feel the need to bring up Palmer when discussing the Mount transfer. Yes, that was 40m out of the 1 billion they spent that they didn't piss down the drain. Bravo Chelsea.

feck that. Apart from Guardiola and Klopp, there's not a single manager out there worth paying a transfer fee for.

If he's the preferred choice, offer him the job and then make him force his way out. Once the Brentford players get a whiff that their manager no longer wants to coach them, their performances will tank and Brentford will probably end up sacking him.
    Well, Thomas Frank has just (on live tv before the match) refused to comment on the case out of respect for ETH and Brentford.

Concerning looking midfield. I hope this is only because Ugarte picked up a knock or something during the break, otherwise it doesn't look great for him.

Interested to see if Jack Fletcher play.

Who knows how this game will go though.

It would be a spicy poll asking whether we'd win today and extend ETH's stay or suffer a defeat and get done with him. Not that I want us to lose but a new manager next week could be best for the club.

It would be a spicy poll asking whether we'd win today and extend ETH's stay or suffer a defeat and get done with him. Not that I want us to lose but a new manager next week could be best for the club.
    Losing today, unless its a proper hammering, isn't losing him his job though, realistically.

He needs to change something if he is going to turn things around.

The personnel from last season hasn’t changed, the formation are still the same and I am guessing the tactics are the same too.

Spoiler alert: he's not going to turn things around. Making the change you suggested is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Considering how pinned back we were the last time we played them it might be the plan here. Also have to factor in our not so quick central midfield with Casemiro and Eriksen who are going to have a lot to chew on today.

Potentially, yes, but that in itself is quite concerning. With all due respect to Brentford, there’s no reason they should be coming to Old Trafford and putting us under that much pressure. Sure, every team will have their moments, but against a side like Brentford, those moments should be just that—brief instances in a game where we should be asserting control and dominance from start to finish. The fact that we could be pinned back is indicative of the deeper issues that stems from the manager. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen today.

It's so a strange feeling keeping a manager a year beyond when they should be sacked.

As a fan you still want your team to win each game but you also know all it does is extend our inevitable downfall

I would always want the win. Because I very much doubt he would be sacked on the basis of one match result.

feck it, it's worth a go

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 212 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win