Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

This is my point , when you say 'with the side he's got' we are talking about wanyama dier kane alli walker rose etc. Nobody 4 years ago said they would be the best players in the league. Wonder would they be anywhere near at good without poch

Pochettino teams seem to do well in the metrics you would want. I think he's for real and as good as the other top managers. Not hiring him after Moyes was fired and letting him go to Spurs was a mistake, instead we went with Van Gaal because he was experienced instead of trying to figure out who the next great manager was.

So I watched a 10min vid of their new goalie Ederson. There was some atrocious finishing going on so there weren't many excellent saves in the video but you can tell the guy has Neuer-esque fearlessness. He regularly comes out and he's confident in handling the ball. It's always interesting to see how goalies perform in the PL though. Bravo was a good GK at Barca by any means.

Can somebody explain why Pep just made Kyle walker the most expensive defender ever

But now it seems he's just gone and spent 26 million on another very average RB too. That's basically £75 million on 2 rightbacks this window.

Can somebody explain why Pep just made Kyle walker the most expensive defender ever

But now it seems he's just gone and spent 26 million on another very average RB too. That's basically £75 million on 2 rightbacks this window.
Because Sagna and Zabaleta both left and Maffeo is out on loan?

What a fantastic manager pep is, it's unbelievable how well he does when he's either got two squads of the two best teams in the world or spends 500 billionty pounds on every top player possible, I just don't know how he does it, he's a bloody genius.

Haven't you heard??? He's a visionary!

Walker and Mendy as fullbacks, Danilo providing cover to either side. It's a big step up from Sagna, Zabaleta and Clichy that's for sure. We can call Walker average all day but there was a weakness in the side and it's now filled with one of the best in the league in his position off a rival, who are going to reinvest it in to their stadium instead of their squad.

The City manager said: "We are talking with three or four players who have not joined us, we need that to refresh the players and rebuild a little bit more the club.

So... If he gets his will he will have spent £500m on 13 players after three transfer windows.

The City manager said: "We are talking with three or four players who have not joined us, we need that to refresh the players and rebuild a little bit more the club.

So... If he gets his will he will have spent £500m on 13 players after three transfer windows.
And he'll be labelled a tactical genius if he wins the league.

I reckon he'll give up Management in a couple of years, he's way too used to winning with Barca that he can't seem to hack the pressure of trying to win points off mere mortals.

Was he this passive aggressive when he was at Barca and Bayern too?

Always so passive aggressive. It's hard to watch, just have a rant if you feel like it.

If he doesn't win a significant trophy this season, he'll leave. I have no doubts about that.

He's not the type of the manager that handles the pressure and stress well. He put huge pressure on his team already by him spending +200m in the market making them the main title contender in every place so if he doesn't deliver this season, the pressure will be immense and he won't handle it.

I city supporting mate in the pub totally flipped out when he saw Pepe with his arm round Wayne.

'WTF does he think he is doing?'

Very strange individual. The way he was swaying from side to side in his post match interview was odd. You would have thought he was on the verge of cracking up.

City should win something this season, he'll be off if they don't though. The pressure definitely gets to him. He doesn't live for battle like a Fergie or Mourinho.

PS) spending £100s of millions on full-backs then playing Sane at left back is FUNNY!:lol:

Very strange individual. The way he was swaying from side to side in his post match interview was odd. You would have thought he was on the verge of cracking up.

City should win something this season, he'll be off if they don't though. The pressure definitely gets to him. He doesn't live for battle like a Fergie or Mourinho.

PS) spending £100s of millions on full-backs then playing Sane at left back is FUNNY!:lol:

He always strangely moves and swings like this in most of his pre and post matches interviews. His body language is really odd and needs experts to unlock its secrets. :lol:

He always strangely moves and swings like this in most of his pre and post matches interviews. His body language is really odd and needs experts to unlock its secrets. :lol:

I've only seen people act like that if they're crazed or needing a fix.

Extremely overrated manager. Like the kid who has to have all the best toys to play, he cannot cope without having all the best players.

Looks like an absolute nightmare to interview :lol::lol:

The PL is certainly taking its toll on him. He looks hugely uncomfortable, even agitated. He's not the confident, charming personality we saw when he was reeling off victory after victory at the beginning of the season last season.

The PL unravels the true traits in men. Klopp being another example. From a charismatic, larger-than-life affable German to a smouldering wreck of anger, incomprehensible murmurings and sounds with the odd "... And don't forget Valencia was offside" thrown in regularly.