Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Proudest moment of his life? To snatch a draw at home to Everton? You've spent 200 odd million so far this summer mate.

Bizarre character, not likeable and generally awkward.

Such a weirdo.
2 or more seasons like the last one he'd definitely go nuts.

:lol: He's actually a fecking nutter. His proudest moment of his life statement reminds me of the time Liverpool thanked the fans at the 2-2 draw with West Brom. Klopp and Pep would probably be best mates.

Inconsiderate Geoff Shreeves. How many times does a man have to touch his nose, sway around, and talk absolute nonsense for him to understand that the guy has to go now? A line is needed, badly.

One of the most bizarre interviews I've ever seen what the feck

It's incredibly uncomfortable just to watch, it's like at any moment he's just gonna kick off. The swaying, the constant reaching for the face with his hand, he's barely containing his agitation. I think he'd be better just saying how he honestly felt about the game, even if it does get reviewed by the FA.

"I'm so, so happy..."
*cries a lot*

He's said this 'proudest moment of my life' thing before I'm sure, after a draw on the weekend following a tough mid week game or something? Definitely remember something similar

The PL is certainly taking its toll on him. He looks hugely uncomfortable, even agitated. He's not the confident, charming personality we saw when he was reeling off victory after victory at the beginning of the season last season.

The PL unravels the true traits in men. Klopp being another example. From a charismatic, larger-than-life affable German to a smouldering wreck of anger, incomprehensible murmurings and sounds with the odd "... And don't forget Valencia was offside" thrown in regularly.

:lol:

Sums this thread up to a tee. Manager with accomplished resume has it all to prove in the complicated league that is the Barclays Premier League. Throw in some armchair psychology about how he's "cracking under pressure" (remember the similar comments about Mourinho last season).

He's said this 'proudest moment of my life' thing before I'm sure, after a draw on the weekend following a tough mid week game or something? Definitely remember something similar

He has, trying to remember what game it was too.

I don't think it's pressure, I think it is frustration, like the way a gamer can get frustrated at a video game. Yes Everton are a solid midtable team but at home you want to get that win.... even if it's just a narrow one. The home games you want to win as many as possible.

Chelsea probably would have won 2:1

Last edited:
Is he just going to pretend like he doesn't fully comprehend English questions during his time here?

Sums this thread up to a tee. Manager with accomplished resume has it all to prove in the complicated league that is the Barclays Premier League. Throw in some armchair psychology about how he's "cracking under pressure" (remember the similar comments about Mourinho last season).

TBF, he's spent more than any other manager in the league, improving a squad that should already be there or thereabouts, whilst achieving feck all. 4th and no trophies in a season where he bought basically a whole new squad wasn't good enough. Not winning the title this season, despite the fact that he spent more on fullbacks alone than most clubs did in general, would be a complete failure.

You really can't argue the guy is a bit of a nutter, we saw signs last seasons. His movements amongst other things are nothing short of odd at times. He's a good manager, but he's running out of time to prove he's some sort of footballing genius as many in the footballing community would have had you believe before he joined City.

Spending close to 150m on fullbacks alone and having yet another season of coming up short and I think he'd walk anyway.

Thought he wasn't that bonkers compared to his usual self actually. A lot of it is just him misunderstanding the questions.

He's definitely a coke-head though, why doesn't he have a quick key before the interview to sort himself out?

And yet they are shit under him, and even Bayern fans have said they were better under their previous manager.

And yet they are shit under him, and even Bayern fans have said they were better under their previous manager.

Genuinely speaking though, would Pellegrini done any worse with the money and squad Pep has had at his disposal? He achieved the same as Pep did the year before, with an inferior squad.

He's a very good manager, but this talk about him being some football guru is just getting so tedious now.

Yea, I don't think it's the first time I've heard it either.

Although he does tend to say "I'm so, so proud" after every bad result they have

Genuinely speaking though, would Pellegrini done any worse with the money and squad Pep has had at his disposal? He achieved the same as Pep did the year before, with an inferior squad.

He's a very good manager, but this talk about him being some football guru is just getting so tedious now.
TBH, probably not.

Within a year, he'll stride off towards retirement in his solar-panelled trousers to raise organic children in Goa.

The table with the interview window were on to their coffee so Pep had to hurry along.

4372CBCE00000578-4810738-Pep_Guardiola_can_be_seen_doing_his_pre_match_interview_from_the-a-56_1503350016620.jpg

TBF, he's spent more than any other manager in the league, improving a squad that should already be there or thereabouts, whilst achieving feck all. 4th and no trophies in a season where he bought basically a whole new squad wasn't good enough. Not winning the title this season, despite the fact that he spent more on fullbacks alone than most clubs did in general, would be a complete failure.

You really can't argue the guy is a bit of a nutter, we saw signs last seasons. His movements amongst other things are nothing short of odd at times. He's a good manager, but he's running out of time to prove he's some sort of footballing genius as many in the footballing community would have had you believe before he joined City.

Spending close to 150m on fullbacks alone and having yet another season of coming up short and I think he'd walk anyway.

What a huge and ridiculous exaggeration. He brought in 6 players for the first team squad last season, 2 wingers, 1cm, 1fc, 1cb and a goalkeeper. One of them got injured for the season, another homesick. So he played the season with 4 new players Bravo, Stones, Sane, Nolito (who was the homesick and couldn't settle one) and Jesus arriving in January who also got injured.

One could argue you last seasons assessment this way.

He spent £191m and came 3rd not 4th, there was another manager in the league who spent £166m for 6th btw lets use your logic there...
Pep net spend in 2 seasons £300m, Joses net spend in 2 seasons £265m.

Pep came 3rd spending 190m on the 4th place team who only beat 5th on GD. He gained 12 points on the previous manager.
Jose came 6th spending £125m on the 5th place who only missed 4th on GD. He gained 3 points on the previous manager.

Pep took a team with 66 points to 78, Jose took a team with 66 points to 69...

Is it than fair to say? "You really can't argue the guy is a bit of a nutter, we saw signs last seasons. His movements amongst other things are nothing short of odd at times. He's a good manager, but he's running out of time to prove he's some sort of footballing genius as many in the footballing community would have had you believe before he joined United.

Spending close to 170m on midfielders alone and having yet another season of coming up short and I think he'd walk anyway."

I can answer for you. No, no its not. See how silly that looks......
All this on the back of a 1-1 draw at home to Everton after a shocking red card decision (two actually).

Not true on either account. Bayern fans said Pep's domination in the BL was unseen before him and his failing was no winning a CL... Also its amazing you can call City shit under him too. What does that make the teams from 4th to 20th?

I think he bought into the hype a bit a lost sight of the goal posts. When he moved to England, the media were just swooning over him and saying that he would introduce new things to the English game, his innovation might help the national team, and he will change how the game is viewed and played in England.

He seems to have believed that's his goal when his goal should probably be a lot simpler than that, win things. Win things domestically and properly challenge in Europe.

I have a lot of time for him and I think he really sets up his teams to play good football but you just feel he needs a little bit of pragmatism every now and then.

Also I do agree with him, personally, not being able to cope well with pressure. It's been highlighted throughout his career.

What a huge and ridiculous exaggeration. He brought in 6 players for the first team squad last season, 2 wingers, 1cm, 1fc, 1cb and a goalkeeper. One of them got injured for the season, another homesick. So he played the season with 4 new players Bravo, Stones, Sane, Nolito (who was the homesick and couldn't settle one) and Jesus arriving in January who also got injured.

One could argue you last seasons assessment this way.

He spent £191m and came 3rd not 4th, there was another manager in the league who spent £166m for 6th btw lets use your logic there...
Pep net spend in 2 seasons £300m, Joses net spend in 2 seasons £265m.

Pep came 3rd spending 190m on the 4th place team who only beat 5th on GD. He gained 12 points on the previous manager.
Jose came 6th spending £125m on the 5th place who only missed 4th on GD. He gained 3 points on the previous manager.

Pep took a team with 66 points to 78, Jose took a team with 66 points to 69...

Is it than fair to say? "You really can't argue the guy is a bit of a nutter, we saw signs last seasons. His movements amongst other things are nothing short of odd at times. He's a good manager, but he's running out of time to prove he's some sort of footballing genius as many in the footballing community would have had you believe before he joined United.

Spending close to 170m on midfielders alone and having yet another season of coming up short and I think he'd walk anyway."

I can answer for you. No, no its not. See how silly that looks......
All this on the back of a 1-1 draw at home to Everton after a shocking red card decision (two actually).
We won a Europa League and had a far worse injury crisis than you guys( we were once out with 4 CBs). I think Mourinho did better than Pep his first year though I believe that Man City's short comings last year have a lot to do with the players themselves rather than the manager.( you guys much like us couldn't finish for shit)

Excellent chance they'll still win the league this season under him. It isn't pleasant to think about but probably better than getting our hopes up at such a ridiculously stage that he's having some kind of meltdown and will soon be out of a job.

We won a Europa League and had a far worse injury crisis than you guys( we were once out with 4 CBs). I think Mourinho did better than Pep his first year though I believe that Man City's short comings last year have a lot to do with the players themselves rather than the manager.( you guys much like us couldn't finish for shit)

100%, Jose had a better season than Pep, 2 trophies albeit one you don't ever wanna be in again.

I'm only trying to point out complete over exaggeration that was that post. In reality Pep had a so-so season last season (but drastically improved the team on Pellers). We misfired again tonight and messed up alot of final balls ala last season. You guys look ruthless so far in comparison to last year but comments like Pep is falling apart are as silly as those saying you've already won the league.

Last season at times, Pep, Jose and early days even after 3 games Conte was out of his depth and would be first manager sacked. Klop to towards the end. This season already Pep, Conte and Klopp are failures and we're only 2 games in. Silly season really and hyperbole posts already.
Had we taken one more chance tonight and we had plenty, half those posts wouldn't be there or they'd be a saying 10 man City just battered Everton and are going to win the league.

Last edited: