Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Perhaps the PSG or Juve job will open up next summer and that will be too easy a task to pass up.

PSG has his name written all over it.

I genuinely think he hates the PL already - doesn't like the football, too many games, too many genuinely good teams to ruin your glory - can imagine him leaving next year by mutual agreement if things go as they have this year.

PSG has his name written all over it.

I genuinely think he hates the PL already - doesn't like the football, too many games, too many genuinely good teams to ruin your glory - can imagine him leaving next year by mutual agreement if things go as they have this year.
He certainly hates the journos (Simon Stone and James Cooper especially) and is mystified by the refereeing in PL.

If he leaves City next season without winning anything significant, this will seriously ruin his reputation and legacy, but Pep doesn't seem like the type who cares about it. He reminds me of someone who would just scream "I have had enough!" and will just walk out of his job, without thinking twice. At some times, I'm worried for his well-being. He should have never ever taken on the City job. He was sold a dream. I think he would have been tailor made for a club like Arsenal, even Chelsea would be a good fit too. What on earth was he thinking when he signed for City? I also feel that he has a lot of respect for SAF so I was pretty surprised when he chose City.

If he leaves City next season without winning anything significant, this will seriously ruin his reputation and legacy, but Pep doesn't seem like the type who cares about it. He reminds me of someone who would just scream "I have had enough!" and will just walk out of his job, without thinking twice. At some times, I'm worried for his well-being. He should have never ever taken on the City job. He was sold a dream. I think he would have been tailor made for a club like Arsenal, even Chelsea would be a good fit too. What on earth was he thinking when he signed for City? I also feel that he has a lot of respect for SAF so I was pretty surprised when he chose City.

Sure, because he's walked out on so many contracts before

I think he would have been tailor made for a club like Arsenal, even Chelsea would be a good fit too.
Actually the club in England that suited his style best last summer was Manchester United because of the positional play introduced by Louis Van Gaal. That's a solid base no matter the fact that their styles are a bit different. Now its a different story how would have Pep decide to change the personnel at United and what success would have he had this year.

They are crazy good. Only need a few minor signings and they are sorted, easy to see why they are favourites for next season.

You can laugh at Pep all you want but right now I'd rather be in their position than ours, obviously that will change should we win the EL next week but still it must be nice to have CL all but secured now.

They are crazy good. Only need a few minor signings and they are sorted, easy to see why they are favourites for next season.

You can laugh at Pep all you want but right now I'd rather be in their position than ours, obviously that will change should we win the EL next week but still it must be nice to have CL all but secured now.

Just need a new midfield and defense and it is all sorted.

Looked annoyed for answering Aguero questions a lot.

Imagine if he had managed us and has to answer Rooney questions that are repeated at least 3 times each press conf :lol:

At their best, they are spectacular to watch. They have so many creative players. Sane, De Bruyne, Silva. Then top that with deadly finishers in Jesus and Kun.
Think they are sure to challenge next season.

I think their end of season form has left them optimistic for next season. I know a few of the teams they faced were on vacation, but they dispatched them emphatically. They no doubt will spend big in the fullback and CM areas.

They need Kompany to stay fit. Stones looks like giving away goals and I do not see that changing. Otamendi also looks lost without Kompany.

They need to be challenging for the title next season and so do we.

Pep's season has obviously been a disappointing one with no trophy and no title challenge.

One one hand, it's his first season in a new league introducing a new system, and the attacking play has at times looked superb so you can see where they're headed. On the other hand, they have been comical in defence during phases of the season and come up well short against the better teams.

At their best, they are spectacular to watch. They have so many creative players. Sane, De Bruyne, Silva. Then top that with deadly finishers in Jesus and Kun.
Think they are sure to challenge next season.
Wasn't that said this year also?

Ederson, Kyle Walker, Alex Sandro, Fabinho..heavily linked with City and to add to that the rumours about Neymar.. It looks its gonna be a huge summer for City. Pep must challenge for the title next year so the big spend is needed and expected.

He's got them scoring goals. We know that's one way to win this league.

I'm going to have them as favorites next season.

Wasn't that said this year also?

It was but their squad was old and it was pointed out many times as well . Many palyers are 30+ and most of them are first-teamers: Bravo, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov, Kompany, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nolito...Most of them will be replaced this summer. Kompany was badly missed for 2/3 of the season. They are a different team with him, would have probably beaten Monaco.

That said, United and Chelsea will sign good players too. Too early to say who will challenge for the title. No one expected Chelsea to win it with 93 points.

Ederson, Kyle Walker, Alex Sandro, Fabinho..heavily linked with City and to add to that the rumours about Neymar.. It looks its gonna be a huge summer for City. Pep must challenge for the title next year so the big spend is needed and expected.

:lol: Neymar isn't going to Manchester City pal. He isn't leaving Barcelona playing alonside Messi for a club he probably didn't even know existed until recently.

If they had Jesus for the entire season they might have challenged

But overall considering the hype and money spent you have to say they underachieved

I would put them as favourites next season though

Looked annoyed for answering Aguero questions a lot.

Imagine if he had managed us and has to answer Rooney questions that are repeated at least 3 time

I can't help but like the guy. :lol:
You've basically read Bluemoon. If we end up with Walker and Sandro as our fullbacks with Fabinho in DM I'll put us as favourites next season. That would be a real step up. Ederson I know little about but I still think we need a CB and another forward, Sanchez being the ideal in my book - weakens a rival and stops him going to Chelsea.

Could well be the team to beat next season if they add the right players. Excellent going forward - Really they have an outstanding young talent in Jesus, how good he can be is worrying - and if (big if) they keep Kompany fit they'll be right up there.

But as Gary Neville said, the history of this league shows that champions have a mix of flair and strength/grit. Can Pep change his style or will he attempt to win it his way?

It was but their squad was old and it was pointed out many times as well . Many palyers are 30+ and most of them are first-teamers: Bravo, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov, Kompany, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nolito...Most of them will be replaced this summer. Kompany was badly missed for 2/3 of the season. They are a different team with him, would have probably beaten Monaco.

That said, United and Chelsea will sign good players too. Too early to say who will challenge for the title. No one expected Chelsea to win it with 93 points.
Even with that older players they were still portrayed as the next big thing.

if at any time I feel we under-acheived this season, I only have to look over at the other side of the city. Bottomless pit of money, much better squad than ours on day one and supposedly the best manger in the universe... and they just about scrapped into the CL

if at any time I feel we under-acheived this season, I only have to look over at the other side of the city. Bottomless pit of money, much better squad than ours on day one and supposedly the best manger in the universe... and they just about scrapped into the CL
True, you didn't spend anything, did well to finish 6th really given all the spending from other clubs around you.

So far, new contract offers rumoured for Navas and Toure.

Navas has turned us down to return to Spain with Sevilla apparently.
Clichy is definitely out the door (hurray, worst player this season. Given the Bravo performances that's saying something.)
Zabs is out of the club.

No new deals for the others so I'd imagine we've seen the last of Sagna and Caballero as well.

Looking like a keeper and at least 2 fullbacks incoming, 3 if Navas does indeed join Sevilla.

Night of long knives at City. How many have the let go?
Looking like a 200m+ summer spend for them.

Zabaleta, Clichy, Navas, Caballero and Sagna left. Seems likely they're getting Walker, who's available for LB?

The massacre has started.

Next year it's going to be a complete different City team than this season.

No messing around from Pep. This squad has needed this for a while.
I honestly think that next season City and Utd will be the top 2, in what order I have no idea.

The rivalry needs it too - we have both been underwhelming domestically in recent years.

The massacre has started.

Next year it's going to be a complete different City team than this season.
Just saw the Tweets.

That's three fullbacks he's letting go. On top of that, a goalkeeper and Joe Hart's position still isn't secure. Navas appears to be the first midfielder they're letting go also.

Unless they get some solid replacements, they're going to struggle big time next season. You need a big squad to compete, we've seen that before but maybe more so this season for us whenever any of our first 11 have got injured, the back up hasn't been good enough.

I can only presume they're letting these guys go due to the wages their on and them being past their best. Expect a big summer of spending from City, if they don't, they'll miss out on the top 4 next year.

Just saw the Tweets.

That's three fullbacks he's letting go. On top of that, a goalkeeper and Joe Hart's position still isn't secure. Navas appears to be the first midfielder they're letting go also.

Unless they get some solid replacements, they're going to struggle big time next season. You need a big squad to compete, we've seen that before but maybe more so this season for us whenever any of our first 11 have got injured, the back up hasn't been good enough.

I can only presume they're letting these guys go due to the wages their on and them being past their best. Expect a big summer of spending from City, if they don't, they'll miss out on the top 4 next year.

Let's be honest, all these players were deadwood. He made the right decision.

They're going to get many, many players this season. Their spending is going to be crazy I believe.

Night of long knives at City. How many have the let go?
Looking like a 200m+ summer spend for them.
Yeah it's a crazy turnover rate for one summer. No excuses for Pep next season.

Let's be honest, all these players were deadwood. He made the right decision.

They're going to get many, many players this season. Their spending is going to be crazy I believe.
Have they got the money to spend +£250m? If so, what kind of impact is it going to have bringing 5 to 8 players into the team?

They're going to find it difficult to replace all those players in one window, call me old fashioned but I wouldn't have cleared out all those full backs unless I had already brought two in.