Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Bravo is no worse than Joe Hart imo, despite the narrative being that it was a downgrade.

Hart was terrible at the Euros, games I'm sure that Pep must've watched. He's also been very hit and miss since moving to Italy with two fresh howlers this weekend.

Anyway, one of tenets of Pepology is possession and retrieving the ball high up the pitch when it is lost. In his mind, if he had his ideal team, his goalkeeper won't be tested all that much so it is not out of character that he valued a goalkeeper's passing ability as much or more than his shot stopping.

Whether Bravo is kept or not Joe should not return.
Teams that do their homework can exploit Joe's weaknesses, his distribution isn't up to the required standard and he's not the most trusted of lieutenants if you get my drift.

If rumours are to believed City have agreements in place to sign Fabinho and Benjamin Hendrichs of Leverkusen in the summer. They will also be back in for Bonucci so they appear to be aware of what needs to be done and are actively working to get the right players in early in the summer window.
Don't shoot the messenger, it's just what I've heard.

Whether Bravo is kept or not Joe should not return.
Teams that do their homework can exploit Joe's weaknesses, his distribution isn't up to the required standard and he's not the most trusted of lieutenants if you get my drift.

If rumours are to believed City have agreements in place to sign Fabinho and Benjamin Hendrichs of Leverkusen in the summer. They will also be back in for Bonucci so they appear to be aware of what needs to be done and are actively working to get the right players in early in the summer window.
Don't shoot the messenger, it's just what I've heard.
Fabinho would be an excellent recruit for you guys, I'd be extremely jealous. Excellent fullback who's done really well in midfield this year (which is a very Pep-compatible trajectory you have to admit :lol: ) and never misses a penalty kick. He'd do very well in the PL I'm sure.

Fabinho would be an excellent recruit for you guys, I'd be extremely jealous. Excellent fullback who's done really well in midfield this year (which is a very Pep-compatible trajectory you have to admit :lol: ) and never misses a penalty kick. He'd do very well in the PL I'm sure.
Agree.
Fingers crossed (from my POV) that the rumours are grounded in fact.

Joe Hart was not moved out of City because of his ability or perceived lack of. He was moved out of the dressing room first and foremost. He had too much sway and Pep didn't want a power struggle.

Joe Hart was not moved out of City because of his ability or perceived lack of. He was moved out of the dressing room first and foremost. He had too much sway and Pep didn't want a power struggle.
Is this also happening to Kompany now?

Makes Pep look small time TBH. Mourinho moved Rooney out whilst being in the same dressing room.

Small time what? He wasn't running the risk of Hart going public with that strategy, Mourinho did. Besides Pep did the same with Yaya for three month, and nothing happend - was it because Yaya isn't a factor in the dressing room? I think the only thing to conclude here is that Pep has in fact more power at City, than Mourinho does at United as of yet. That all is pending on the accuracy of what BlueMoonOutcast said though, the other narrative about Hart's footballing ability still seems plausible to me. Just remember how risky he played when they beat United 2-1, Pep must've really emphasized playing from the back.

Small time what? He wasn't running the risk of Hart going public with that strategy, Mourinho did. Besides Pep did the same with Yaya for three month, and nothing happend - was it because Yaya isn't a factor in the dressing room? I think the only thing to conclude here is that Pep has in fact more power at City, than Mourinho does at United as of yet. That all is pending on the accuracy of what BlueMoonOutcast said though, the other narrative about Hart's footballing ability still seems plausible to me. Just remember how risky he played when they beat United 2-1, Pep must've really emphasized playing from the back.

Small time to get rid of a club legend because you are afraid of his dressing room influence and to do that in a way where you don't have to face him.

Is this also happening to Kompany now?

I don't think so. I think his injuries have crippled his chances of playing. He's barely featured for what, two years?

Makes Pep look small time TBH. Mourinho moved Rooney out whilst being in the same dressing room.

Small time how? He wanted him gone and made it happen. He wanted Yaya to apologise and lose weight. Yaya then spent three months frozen out of the team until Pep was satisfied. These are ballsy decisions against big players in the recent history of City.

havent seen much iun Torino tbh, but would i have him over bravo or caballero? Absolutely

Neither Bravo or Caballero are top level but Hart's shown nothing this season to suggest he's missed and hadn't been a top level keeper himself for a while now. His distribution is genuinely terrible but people are making it out like he's an exceptional keeper outside of that. He never was. Here's him just last weekend:

So I'd suggest it's a bias towards English players and players you're familiar with that's driving that opinion, more than anything on the pitch. Torino sit in 10th place despite scoring 48 goals, the 5th most in the league. The reason they're a midtable club is because they've also conceded the 5th most goals in the league, and Hart is hardly exempt from blame here. They've conceded 3x as many goals as Juve for christ's sake.

Everyone was calling Hart average last year, Pep gets rid and suddenly it's a big mistake. Getting rid of Hart wasn't his big mistake if you believe the general concensus in previous years, it was the fact that Bravo has been pants. The two are seperate events. It looks as though he's going to try and rectify that again this summer.

As an aside, we could potentially have one of the youngest squads in the league next year if you believe the links - that would be a huge overhaul in two summers. If the squad comes out looking relatively well balanced then that would be quite exciting over the next few years. I'm starting to wonder if the noises from Pep that he'd like to stay longer indicate positive news on the transfer front ahead of the summer window. Hopefully anyway.

Small time to get rid of a club legend because you are afraid of his dressing room influence and to do that in a way where you don't have to face him.
Hart knew in good time that Pep didn't want him.
There was nothing he could have done to change that.
He wasn't afraid of Hart in the slightest because he had all the backing he needed to lose him.

Gundogan's hotel address was given wrong by city and the guy with his injury record trying to come back so many times can be deduced to certain things. Another one and there should be a points deduction 35 k is probably what they spend on laundry everyday.

You can't continue to break anti doping violations and get away with minimal fines.

You have to start introducing points penalties to act as a deterrent.

this seems like old news with pep and the barcelona fitness coach, any correlation between them?

Everyone was calling Hart average last year, Pep gets rid and suddenly it's a big mistake. Getting rid of Hart wasn't his big mistake if you believe the general concensus in previous years, it was the fact that Bravo has been pants. The two are seperate events. It looks as though he's going to try and rectify that again this summer.

As an aside, we could potentially have one of the youngest squads in the league next year if you believe the links - that would be a huge overhaul in two summers. If the squad comes out looking relatively well balanced then that would be quite exciting over the next few years. I'm starting to wonder if the noises from Pep that he'd like to stay longer indicate positive news on the transfer front ahead of the summer window. Hopefully anyway.
Hart is an ok keeper, world class when on form but very mistake prome. Miles ahead of Bravo though and Pep should have kept him unless he had a world class replacement lined up.

Pep is looking more and more like a cheat by the season. The guy was tested positive twice for the anabolic steroid Nandrolone in 2001, only cleared in 2009 because some health supplements may or may not have been contaminated (with an anabolic steroid...really?), the oldest excuse used by cheats in the book. He has had "administrative issues" wherever he had gone, resulting in players not being available for spot tests and menial fines. The whole point in the spot checks is to catch athletes who may be using fast acting PED's that can be flushed out of your system quick time. Is Pep taking his retarded PA to every club he goes and putting them in charge of scheduling or what? When a player gets injured he sends them to his mate in Spain, because English doctors don't know how to treat injuries right?. The there was that whole issue at Bayern with the medical staff.

Authorities in football don't try anywhere close to hard enough to catch cheats, so you can guarentee with 99% certainty that the leagues are full of dopers. Like they have been for a long time. If this was cycling, PEP and City would have been hung out to dry for their administrative errors.

Points deduction cries are the classic when a side is a few points behind not quite managing to catch up. :wenger:

Or bans for the players that are involved.
Didn't Christian Negouai get away with missing a test a few months before Rio was banned?

Points deduction cries are the classic when a side is a few points behind not quite managing to catch up. :wenger:
It gives offending teams an unfair advantage in a competition decided on points, so points-deductions are the logical punishment.

These 'anti-doping' charges are all paperwork related. It's embarrassing sure, but not as serious as some like to make out.

Neither Bravo or Caballero are top level but Hart's shown nothing this season to suggest he's missed and hadn't been a top level keeper himself for a while now. His distribution is genuinely terrible but people are making it out like he's an exceptional keeper outside of that. He never was. Here's him just last weekend:

So I'd suggest it's a bias towards English players and players you're familiar with that's driving that opinion, more than anything on the pitch. Torino sit in 10th place despite scoring 48 goals, the 5th most in the league. The reason they're a midtable club is because they've also conceded the 5th most goals in the league, and Hart is hardly exempt from blame here. They've conceded 3x as many goals as Juve for christ's sake.

No, I just think having watched Bravo at both Barca and City, that Hart is a better keeper than him. Nothing to do with him being British, just a general opinion. If City were letting Joe Hart go, they should have gotten Oblak, ter Stegen, Leno, or someone of that ilk to come in.

Young and very well regarded. i dont know the ins and outs, but i would have even tried to sort something with Sociedad to give Rulli a crack in net but obviously they dont actually own him now, technically

No, I just think having watched Bravo at both Barca and City, that Hart is a better keeper than him.

Bravo was great in his two seasons at Barca. Best keeper in the league in that time frame. Only mistake I've seen from him at Barcelona was in a meaningless friendly against Napoli, while having MotM performances against top opponents a lot of times (including clasicos, see the 4-0 on Bernabeu or the 2-1 at home). So, don't make the assumption that just because he is playing poorly at City, he did it at Barca as well.

Bravo at Barca was about as good as a keeper gets these days. Reliable, few to none mistakes, very good with his feet, a leader on the field, and with great saves to help the team in tough moments.