Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

If you're willing to open up a seperate topic, i'm happy to tell you why you're wrong.

It's disrespectful to be having this racist arguement on this topic when people's children were murdered just last night.
Racist post? It's a fact not anything to do with race. Just annoys me everyone defending the religion which breeds such hatred and such senseless murder.

What years? Where did you live?

I remember a bar called Route 236 which had a great pool table, the cheap pizza takeaway, a massive chemist, a busy newsagent and of course the Queen of Hearts! All within 3 mins walk of my front door at 51 Cawdor Road. That was one of the happiest years of my life!

Happy days pizza :drool:

Last edited:
Everyone banging on about Islam not being to blame... But it is. Pretty simple isn't it really, almost every attack is perpetrated by Muslim extremists so I'm going to go ahead and say there is some connection.

I apologize if you take offense because it is not my intention but that's a really uneducated line of thought.

Racist post? It's a fact not anything to do with race. Just annoys me, everyone, defending the religion which breeds such hatred and such senseless murder.
Sigh. and so we begin.

The religion does not. Misguided people with agenda's use religion as their context. Else, 2.5 million Muslims would be celebrating on the street of the UK today and carrying our further attacks. Explain to me why that isn't happening?

There are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. A very small percentage of these are terrorists. 1.79+ billion get on with their lives peacefully. Taking a sample of less than 1% of a group's population and blaming their actions on the group as a whole is wrong. You can't judge the actions of a community by the deeds of a minuscule minority of it's population.

It's not just terrorism though. Example, earlier today in Indonesia on public display, in front of an audience of hundreds, gays were whipped with sticks after being caught having sex, and the audience were cheering this on.

Not all terrorists are Muslim, but I'm confident the vast majority of terrorists who use suicide belts as a tactic are; martyrdom is rewarded by their book.

Every time there's a terrorist attack, the threads are just full of people arguing over ridiculous things about it.

It's not just terrorism though. Example, earlier today in Indonesia on public display, in front of an audience of hundreds, gays were whipped with sticks after being caught having sex, and the audience were cheering this on.
You do realize Christians did shit like that too?

Racist post? It's a fact not anything to do with race. Just annoys me everyone defending the religion which breeds such hatred and such senseless murder.
Just my opinion, but it isn't the religion. The religion is just used to radicalize people already susceptible to committing crimes for others. As Trump said, quite appropriately, they are losers. People who have lost in society and are on the margins. They don't have a purpose, and they find themselves willing to give themselves up to something which seems grander and larger. In fact they're being used as pawns, for ISIS, or for whoever.

If it were the religion, ask yourself why the profile of these bombers is always so similar. Social outcasts, petty criminals, etc. Why aren't crowned heads of states doing the same thing? Because they pay people to do it for them, and it isn't a religious matter.

Nice to see the caf go down the same rabit hole once again. An emotional reaction is expected but the same arguments of hitting out at groups serves no one but a hateful agenda.

Sigh. and so we begin.

The religion does not. Misguided people with agenda's use religion as their context. Else, 2.5 million Muslims would be celebrating on the street of the UK today and carrying our further attacks. Explain to me why that isn't happening?

Did I say all Muslims?? Can you explain to me why all of these attackers from multiple attacks are all of either Muslim faith or have been at least indoctrinated and influenced by a group who are inherently Muslim??

Did I say all Muslims?? Can you explain to me why all of these attackers from multiple attacks are all of either Muslim faith or have been at least indoctrinated and influenced by a group who are inherently Muslim??
I'm not falling for your bait or further sidetracking this thread. Your post required a rebuttal, which I've done.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
You do realize Christians did shit like that too?
So? Do you hear me say Christians haven't done bad things? Can't change the past, but this is happening now, in a country that has the biggest muslim population in the world. Where high ranked government officials are saying homosexuality is worse than the atom bomb, homosexuals are arrested and beaten by mobs, and today some were beaten with sticks on public display by the local government.

Now if you want to argue that Christianity was/is backward too then I'm not even going to disagree really, but I'm fine with it as long as other people don't get hurt anymore because of it.

Just my opinion, but it isn't the religion. The religion is just used to radicalize people already susceptible to committing crimes for others. As Trump said, quite appropriately, they are losers. People who have lost in society and are on the margins. They don't have a purpose, and they find themselves willing to give themselves up to something which seems grander and larger. In fact they're being used as pawns, for ISIS, or for whoever.

If it were the religion, ask yourself why the profile of these bombers is always so similar. Social outcasts, petty criminals, etc. Why aren't crowned heads of states doing the same thing? Because they pay people to do it for them, and it isn't a religious matter.
But is it? Jihadism also had and has a great pulling power among students, engineers, all kinds of educated people with rather good perspectives.

There's undoubtedly a major problem with Islamic terrorism and I think it's absolutely fair enough to have a discussion about what needs to be done in regards to integration etc, but the bolded is blatantly untrue. Jo Cox wasn't murdered by a Muslim. Brevik wasn't a Muslim. A considerable number of mass murderers in the US aren't Muslim. Radical Islam is a massive, massive problem that shouldn't be downplayed at all, but attacks have come from outside that group as well.

Why don't petty criminals and social outcasts of other faiths commit terroist attacks at anywhere near the same rate as muslims do?

But is it? Jihadism also had and has a great pulling power among students, engineers, all kinds of educated people with rather good perspectives.
A lot of those people will have been indoctrinated through deaths and events in the Middle East. It's complex, but the religion is secondary in my opinion. Sociopolitical concerns drive this, not religion.

Why don't petty criminals and social outcasts of other faiths commit terroist attacks at anywhere near the same rate as muslims do?
In England, they did only about 20 years ago. They were Catholic, though.

Terrible news.I am sorry for the mancunians,especially if you have friends or family involved.
How someone can be so brain washed to provoke that carnage with kids

A lot of those people will have been indoctrinated through deaths and events in the Middle East. It's complex, but the religion is secondary in my opinion. Sociopolitical concerns drive this, not religion.

But Islam is a political ideology too. You can't simply divorce politics and religion when they are so historically intertwined. Certainly not in the Middle East where there is no real prospect of separating mosque and state and the backward society it continues to spawn.

But Islam is a political ideology too. You can't simply divorce politics and religion when they are so historically intertwined. Certainly not in the Middle East where there is no real prospect of separating mosque and state and the backward society it continues to spawn.
You may be getting towards raising some good points. You're just raising them in the wrong place.

We can stop all this if we stop buying oil from the saudis, Qatar and a few more I'm sure and isolate them as a terrorist states, they are the ones supporting all this terrorism.

I'm a Muslim. As a teen I was very nearly radicalised. I spent my twenties working on projects to prevent radicalisation.

I think I have a unique perspective on it all. If you want I can tell you why you're not understanding it properly. Just create another topic.

Correlation doesn't imply causation. A pretty well known saying, for a reason.
But when it continually stems from one area we should be discussing it. Fact is it is almost nearly always Muslims that have been taught to hate. We should be allowed to discuss that without being labelled as "racist" or "bigoted ".

A little girl is dead because some guy had a fecked up view of religion, we should be talking bout it

There's undoubtedly a major problem with Islamic terrorism and I think it's absolutely fair enough to have a discussion about what needs to be done in regards to integration etc, but the bolded is blatantly untrue. Jo Cox wasn't murdered by a Muslim. Brevik wasn't a Muslim. A considerable number of mass murderers in the US aren't Muslim. Radical Islam is a massive, massive problem that shouldn't be downplayed at all, but attacks have come from outside that group as well.
Yeah obviously not every murderer or psychopath is going to be Muslim that's a given, however the vast majority are Muslim. The US is a bit of a separate issue as the frequency of random spree killings is unprecedented.

So? Do you hear me say Christians haven't done bad things? Can't change the past, but this is happening now, in a country that has the biggest muslim population in the world. Where high ranked government officials are saying homosexuality is worse than the atom bomb, homosexuals are arrested and beaten by mobs, and today some were beaten with sticks on public display by the local government.

Now if you want to argue that Christianity was/is backward too then I'm not even going to disagree really, but I'm fine with it as long as other people don't get hurt anymore because of it.

You clearly havent taken a look at the numerous African Christian countries where exactly the same things (and worse) are happening.

But when it continually stems from one area we should be discussing it. Fact is it is almost nearly always Muslims that have been taught to hate. We should be allowed to discuss that without being labelled as "racist" or "bigoted ".

A little girl is dead because some guy had a fecked up view of religion, we should be talking bout it

It doesn't continually stem from it at all and not all Muslims have been taught to hate, what a stupid statement. This is the reason it's labelled as racist or bigoted because it simply isn't true.

The key part of your post is the guy was fecked up.

I have an 8 year old daughter, this is so incredibly sad. Words fail me right now.

These ISIS feckers really need to be wiped out. They are proud to claim attacks on children, I just can not wrap my head around it. Soldier eh? Yeah, you must be so brave to kill kids..

Why is the world just watching? More efforts need to be done to end this madness.