Manager draft

Guttmann left Hungary after his time at Kispesti AC and after a few short spells in Italy, Argentina and Cyprus took over as the manager at AC Milan, where he brought in a brilliant young defender, who played rightback and right centerback. He instantly established him as a key player in defense in an as usual for Guttmann's teams incredible top heavy side built around the brilliant Swedish pair Nordahl and Liedholm with Schiaffino pulling the strings in midfield. Guttmann was fired during the season despite the team being top of the table and left with his famous "I have been sacked even though I am neither a criminal nor a homosexual. Goodbye." quote. From this day on, every contract Guttmann signed included a clause that he can't be fired, when his team is top of the table. The player stayed and later became a great sweeper and the captain of the European Cup winning Milan side in '63. He also has a son who wasn't half bad in defense either.

We welcome:

MALDINI-CESARE_200_thumb.jpg

Cesare Maldini

Finally past that one, from the 4th pick onwards Guttmann's journey becomes so much more interesting.

Father vs Son, if we get each other!

Father vs Son, if we get each other!
There's actually a small chance that we get a grandfather vs grandson game. Not sure yet, if we pick him though. But the grandson will definitely be picked later. /edit: or not, not quite clear if it's really the grandfather. Different articles state a different relation. Well, we'll see about that later.

There's actually a small chance that we get a grandfather vs grandson game. Not sure yet, if we pick him though. But the grandson will definitely be picked later. /edit: or not, not quite clear if it's really the grandfather. Different articles state a different relation. Well, we'll see about that later.

Second cousin of the grandfather. You shouldn't pick him though.

Going to bed so just gonna make my next two picks now, pretty sure no one who goes before me can pick them

1. Fabio Cannavaro
2. Andriy Shevchenko

01. Harms:-
Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea
02. AngeloHenriquez/Stobzilla:- Fabio Cappello - 1. F. Baresi 2. Gullit
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Davids 2. Kaka 3. Cannavaro 4. Shevchenko
04. Paolo Di Canio:- Louis Van Gaal - 1. Rijkaard 2. Rivaldo
05. Skizzo:- Udo Lattek - 1. Maradona 2. G. Müller 3.
06. MJJ:- Marcello Lippi - 1. R. Baggio 2. Thuram 3. Del Piero
07. Joga Bonito:- Udo Lattek - 1. Beckenbauer 2. Schuster 3. Vogts
08. Balu/PedroMendez:- Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik 2. Puskás 3. C. Maldini
09. Raees:- Vicente Del Bosque - 1. Ronaldo 2. Figo 3. M. Laudrup
10. Cutch:- Alex Ferguson - 1. Beckham 2. Stam 3. Van Nistelrooy
11. Gio:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Matthäus 2. Batistuta 3. Tardelli
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:- Fabio Capello - 1. P. Maldini 2. Nedved 3. Redondo
13. The Red Viper:- Pep Guardiola - 1. Lahm 2. Robben 3. Puyol
14. DanNistelrooy:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. C. Ronaldo 2. Nesta 3. Pirlo
15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zidane 2. Cafu 3. R. Carlos 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli 2. Cruyff 3. Neeskens

Going to bed so just gonna make my next two picks now, pretty sure no one who goes before me can pick them

1. Fabio Cannavaro
2. Andriy Shevchenko

Bugger, should have got him in the last round.

Was a toss up between Nesta and Cannavaro for me. You've made my next 2 picks a little easier anyway

Guttmann left Hungary after his time at Kispesti AC and after a few short spells in Italy, Argentina and Cyprus took over as the manager at AC Milan, where he brought in a brilliant young defender, who played rightback and right centerback. He instantly established him as a key player in defense in an as usual for Guttmann's teams incredible top heavy side built around the brilliant Swedish pair Nordahl and Liedholm with Schiaffino pulling the strings in midfield. Guttmann was fired during the season despite the team being top of the table and left with his famous "I have been sacked even though I am neither a criminal nor a homosexual. Goodbye." quote. From this day on, every contract Guttmann signed included a clause that he can't be fired, when his team is top of the table. The player stayed and later became a great sweeper and the captain of the European Cup winning Milan side in '63. He also has a son who wasn't half bad in defense either.

We welcome:

Cesare Maldini

Finally past that one, from the 4th pick onwards Guttmann's journey becomes so much more interesting.

Great post and story. I hope Grenoli gets played one day, maybe they have already. Cesare was really impressive when I saw his WC performances, the base of a good defense.

Great post and story. I hope Grenoli gets played one day, maybe they have already. Cesare was really impressive when I saw his WC performances, the base of a good defense.
Gren had already left when Guttmann came around. Sadly Liedholm and Nordahl miss out this time, but I have an idea for a 2nd round team with those 2 in it, if we manage to survive the first round.

Gren had already left when Guttmann came around. Sadly Liedholm and Nordahl miss out on the team, but I have an idea for a 2nd round team with those 2 in it, if we manage to survive the first round.

Ohh, then I vote Balu round 1.

Pretty sure neither of my next two picks effect the managers around me...

If someone could PM me so I can tell them and they can verify as well.

01. Harms:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea 3.
02. AngeloHenriquez/Stobzilla:- Fabio Cappello - 1. F. Baresi 2. Gullit 3.
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Davids 2. Kaka 3. Cannavaro 4. Shevchenko
04. Paolo Di Canio:- Louis Van Gaal - 1. Rijkaard 2. Rivaldo 3. Guardiola
05. Skizzo:- Udo Lattek - 1. Maradona 2. G. Müller 3. Breitner
06. MJJ:- Marcello Lippi - 1. R. Baggio 2. Thuram 3. Del Piero
07. Joga Bonito:- Udo Lattek - 1. Beckenbauer 2. Schuster 3. Vogts
08. Balu/PedroMendez:- Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik 2. Puskás 3. C. Maldini
09. Raees:- Vicente Del Bosque - 1. Ronaldo 2. Figo 3. M. Laudrup
10. Cutch:- Alex Ferguson - 1. Beckham 2. Stam 3. Van Nistelrooy
11. Gio:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Matthäus 2. Batistuta 3. Tardelli
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:- Fabio Capello - 1. P. Maldini 2. Nedved 3. Redondo
13. The Red Viper:- Pep Guardiola - 1. Lahm 2. Robben 3. Puyol
14. DanNistelrooy:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. C. Ronaldo 2. Nesta 3. Pirlo
15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zidane 2. Cafu 3. R. Carlos 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli 2. Cruyff 3. Neeskens

Flat out astounded that @Edgar Allan Pillow didn't take him. I thought I'd dropped a brick by not taking him first or second.

He he. Was seriosuly considering it, but did not expect Batigol and RvN to go out so soon. With them in the mix, thought I could gamble on letting you get Van Basten. I'm more pissed you got Gullit, tbf. I was praying you would not choose him. :lol:

Woke up just in time for my picks)
I just take a quick look around here, wait a second

We welcome:

Cesare Maldini

So far so good, eh? Central line looking Rolls Royce-ish enough!