Manager draft

I'm bored, can I post my next pick? It's not like anyone else could go for him :lol:

In the meanwhile I guess people who have the balls can show some of their uncontested picks. Would be typical me to miss out that somebody else actually had him.

@Balu could post his entire XI, I guess - without anyone being able to put any spanners in his works.
I could, but I won't. Thought I use my picks to tell a bit about the players and their roles in Guttmann's teams. Kinda like writing the player profiles along the way. If it doesn't speed up over the next days, I might change my mind though :lol:.

If you want to pick an uncontested player, just add him as pick 13 for now. So if someone else actually has him eligible and wants to pick him his pick will count ahead of yours.

BTW, I know exactly who I would pick so worst case I'll go ahead on his behalf once he runs out of time or you guys start getting too antsy about it all.

BTW, I know exactly who I would pick so worst case I'll go ahead on his behalf once he runs out of time or you guys start getting too antsy about it all.

Just pick two now. I don't see him turning up any time soon since he has not been on for ages.

I could, but I won't. Thought I use my picks to tell a bit about the players and their roles in Guttmann's teams. Kinda like writing the player profiles along the way. If it doesn't speed up over the next days, I might change my mind though :lol:.

That's a great approach - and half the fun of the thing, both for yourself and for us, I should think.

He had so many brief spells all over the place that I'm half wondering if there's a surprise pick or two out there. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

give him his eight hours ffs , stick to the rules like crappy says.

not his fault he is second on the list.
Crappy wants to kick him out and replace him :lol:

Crappy wants to kick him out and replace him :lol:

:lol:

I only meant to say the moment his eight hours are up I can make two picks as a neutral and you can go all ahead without worrying about a team falling apart. There's no doubt in my mind he would be delighted with them.

:lol:

I only meant to say the moment his eight hours are up I can make two picks as a neutral and you can go all ahead without worrying about a team falling apart. There's no doubt in my mind he would be delighted with them.
I know, it's a great solution.

Bored. Team with picks so far:

Formation: Super attacking 3-3-4

................Ronaldo....................
...Baggio....Maradona...CR7......
.........Davids........Matthaus......
................Rijkaard...................
...Maldini...Beckenbauer...Lahm...

To try and keep some entertainment up while we are waiting, I know this is tactically retarded and I may have missed someone having him(which would be funny) - but this draft is for entertainment for me.

In December 1994, Romario is voted as the FIFA World player of the year and the Onze d'Or, after previously being awarded the Golden ball in the World Cup the same year.

In January 1995, a 29 year old Romario who is in the middle of his peak of his career returns from a holiday in Brazil with news for his club that he wants to leave. Private and family reasons are cited, but the on going rift between Cruyff and Romario was a more probable reason to why one of the greatest strikers in history left "The Dream Team" for the Brazilian club Flamengo.

The same month, Vanderlei Luxemburgo was appointed as the manager of the club. Vanderlei certainly wasn't a success at Flamengo, but Romario was - scoring 37 goals in 46 matches in the '95 season alone.

01. Harms:-
Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea
02. AngeloHenriquez:-Fabio Cappello - 1.
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Edgar Davids
04. Paolo Di Canio:-Louis Van Gaal - 1. Frank Rijkaard
05. Skizzo:-Udo Lattek - 1. Diego Maradona
06. MJJ:-Marcello Lippi - 1. Roberto Baggio
07. Joga Bonito:-Udo Lattek - 1. Beckenbauer
08. Balu:-Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik
09. Raees:-Vicente Del Bosque - 1. Ronaldo
10. Cutch:-Alex Ferguson - 1. Beckham
11. Gio:-Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Matthäus
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:-Fabio Capello - 1. Maldini
13. The Red Viper:-Pep Guardiola - 1. Philipp Lahm
14. DanNistelrooy:-Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Cristiano Ronaldo
15. Annahnomoss:-Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zinedine Zidane 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:-Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli

Last edited:
feck sake, I'll make time for this if it means it not getting ruined.

Become co manager with Angelo? Would be a great help. Both capable of picking and you are one of the grandmasters in these drafts so he'll learn plenty about how the draft itself works.

Become co manager with Angelo? Would be a great help. Both capable of picking and you are one of the grandmasters in these drafts so he'll learn plenty about how the draft itself works.

Yep, do that, I'll PM him and make an executive decision on these two picks.

Baresi and Gullit.

Busby XI again, fancy version:

k9ccr7.jpg

In case Angelo comes back while I'm asleep:

Kaka

thanks

01. Harms:-
Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea
02. AngeloHenriquez/Stobzilla:-Fabio Cappello - 1. Baresi 2. Gullit
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Edgar Davids 2. Kaka
04. Paolo Di Canio:-Louis Van Gaal - 1. Frank Rijkaard
05. Skizzo:-Udo Lattek - 1. Diego Maradona
08. Balu/PedroMendez:-Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik

@Paolo Di Canio

I just realised, I have @Paolo Di Canio 's and @Skizzo 's picks as well :lol: . Not sure if they are around, but to get this going, I'll post the PM I received this morning.

Paulo wanted to draft rivaldo next.

ill take Mr. Gerd Muller.

Thanks!

01. Harms:-Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea
02. AngeloHenriquez/Stobzilla:-Fabio Cappello - 1. Baresi 2. Gullit
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Edgar Davids 2. Kaka
04. Paolo Di Canio:-Louis Van Gaal - 1. Frank Rijkaard 2. Rivaldo
05. Skizzo:-Udo Lattek - 1. Diego Maradona 2. Gerd Müller
08. Balu/PedroMendez:-Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik

@MJJ

I would put Johnny Giles and Stiles in that team.

Not as good/central for United as he was for Leeds - less of an obvious Busby player, I'd say.

Nobby could easily feature, of course - I had him in the first version I did, but this is the W-M one and he's less of a fit here, I feel.

Bored. Team with picks so far:

Formation: Super attacking 3-3-4

................Ronaldo....................
...Baggio....Maradona...CR7......
.........Davids........Matthaus......
................Rijkaard...................
...Maldini...Beckenbauer...Lahm...

Platini from Juve surely is better than Barca's Maradona though.