Manager draft

Sir Matt:

abHOSTSagp.png

If we go for draft suicide we might as well go all the way:

543fbc4d81499.png

It's cheating a bit - with Charlton as an offensive halfback of sorts there, and Law as an inside forward.

They would score, though. And Big Dunc would drop back and scare the feck out of every attacker from Dixie Dean to Luis Suarez - so, yeah, I reckon they'd win.

EDIT Tried a different site for the pic.

Last edited:
Edgar Davids (circa 99/00), rated as one of the top 5 players in Serie A that season by Gazzetta dello Sport

01. Harms:-Giovanni Trapattoni - 1.
02. AngeloHenriquez:-Fabio Cappello - 1.
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Edgar Davids
04. Paolo Di Canio:-Louis Van Gaal - 1. Frank Rijkaard
05. Skizzo:-Udo Lattek - 1. Diego Maradona
06. MJJ:-Marcello Lippi - 1. Roberto Baggio
07. Joga Bonito:-Udo Lattek - 1. Beckenbauer
08. Balu:-Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik
09. Raees:-Vicente Del Bosque - 1. Ronaldo
10. Cutch:-Alex Ferguson - 1. Beckham
11. Gio:-Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Matthäus
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:-Fabio Capello - 1. Maldini
13. The Red Viper:-Pep Guardiola - 1. Philipp Lahm
14. DanNistelrooy:-Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Cristiano Ronaldo
15. Annahnomoss:-Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zinedine Zidane
16. Crappycraperson:-Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli

@AngeloHenriquez

Time is up?
@Annahnomoss
@AngeloHenriquez

John Terry ahead of Lucio easily, he was miles better in his prime.

Agreed, draft form aside, the moment I saw that lineup Lucio jumped at me as a poor effort not to play Terry.

---------------Cech
Zannetti-Terry-Carvalho-Cole
-------------Makelele
-----Lampard-----Deco
Robben-----------------Cristiano
--------------Drogba

Screw the haters, that's his best XI by a mile and Makelele makes that trio possible, realistic, albeit lightweight in typical draft "midfield battles".

I feel ashamed, when putting together that Robson lineup off the top of my head I based myself on Barca far too much. Balakov absolutely must be in it. Lightweight midfield maybe, but on the ball... god help their rivals!

Do we have a back-up plan, if @AngeloHenriquez doesn't show up? It kinda sucks, if we skip him now, it's such a huge disadvantage if you miss the first pick and we have to wait another 8 hours anyway, when harms makes his two picks, which would be really annoying.

I hope he shows up soon, but maybe we could use a stand-in manager until he shows up, who picks the first two players for him? Like @Theon last time for MJJ. Maybe @antohan or @Chesterlestreet . Capello isn't really the most difficult manager to start with.

Do we have a back-up plan, if @AngeloHenriquez doesn't show up? It kinda sucks, if we skip him now, it's such a huge disadvantage if you miss the first pick and we have to wait another 8 hours anyway, when harms makes his two picks, which would be really annoying.

I hope he shows up soon, but maybe we could use a stand-in manager until he shows up, who picks for him? Like @Theon last time for MJJ. Maybe @antohan or @Chesterlestreet . Capello isn't really the most difficult manager to start with.

This. Anybody feel interested in just making a pick for him?

Erm, it wouldn't. Don't know why I wrote 4-2-4. This is what I meant, more of a MM...

Obviously a formation like that is draft suicide but I'd want to squeeze in as many attackers as possible :D

I think you've just invented the TM :lol:

If he gets the Rijkaard-Davids-Seedorf midfield this is practically over. That is probably my favorite central midfield of all time.
Well it will definitely be tested when you'll have midfields like Bosquets-Xavi-Iniesta with Messi upfront which carried you all through to the finals(or winning?) the auction draft, or Keane-Scholes which is emotionally impossible to vote against and each manager has his share of it..

Give him the best right back of his generation - that's not even punishment for being a no-show.

For my money Annah, as gamesmaster, is within his rights to just award him a valid pick. You need to show up and the deadlines have been posted clearly and fairly.

Angelo missed his turn - that's it. Move on with the picking - harsh but fair. And if he's given said player, he'll be laughing anyway.
I think it's better if a neutral gives him those two picks, so go ahead choose one, let harms pick his two and give him a second one :). Then we can move on and hopefully he shows up when it's his turn again. If not, we have to look for a replacement anyway.

Preferably Antohan or any neutral just makes a random pick for him.

With Baggio gone, there's only 3 other players that constitute a significant overlap with Trap and I wouldn't take any of them as first round picks tbh. I would be far more worried at the carnage between his 2nd and 3rd pick and would pick accordingly.

Ergo, @harms should pick, as is usually the case when you miss your pick. If it means missing out on one of those three, tough shit. He gets another eight hours and that's it.

Let's give him a little while longer. Someone can be at work for 8 hours or asleep. He was here yesterday, so if he isn't here in a while we'll look for a replacement.

Replacing him now seems too harsh to me as well. We definitely should give him the chance to get back into the game. I'd still prefer the stand-in manager solution, but waiting is clearly better than replacing him now.

No, just no, wait for your turn draft junkie!

It's his first draft AFAIK, cut the guy some slack.
Think EAP was joking, he's the 2nd Capello guy, he's clearly the last one who should pick for him :lol:

My picks are only from Trap's pool anyway, he isn't missing anything

Football-imagery-001.jpg
scirea.jpg

01. Harms:-
Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea
02. AngeloHenriquez:-Fabio Cappello - 1.
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Edgar Davids
04. Paolo Di Canio:-Louis Van Gaal - 1. Frank Rijkaard
05. Skizzo:-Udo Lattek - 1. Diego Maradona
06. MJJ:-Marcello Lippi - 1. Roberto Baggio
07. Joga Bonito:-Udo Lattek - 1. Beckenbauer
08. Balu:-Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik
09. Raees:-Vicente Del Bosque - 1. Ronaldo
10. Cutch:-Alex Ferguson - 1. Beckham
11. Gio:-Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Matthäus
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:-Fabio Capello - 1. Maldini
13. The Red Viper:-Pep Guardiola - 1. Philipp Lahm
14. DanNistelrooy:-Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Cristiano Ronaldo
15. Annahnomoss:-Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zinedine Zidane
16. Crappycraperson:-Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli

@AngeloHenriquez

My picks are only from Trap's pool anyway, he isn't missing anything

Football-imagery-001.jpg
scirea.jpg

Exactly, I thought about the overlap and Trap's own contested pool and it made zero sense for you to challenge him for a RB or striker.

And :drool: