Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

People need to relax a little. Moyes has worked with Phil Neville for several years now, and clearly thinks he has something to offer.

Also, I don't believe for one second that Neville is going to be the main man in terms of leading training and match preparation - as mentioned above, Moyes handles a lot of that himself anyway, but I suspect Neville will be part of a team of coaches.

Yes, SkySports may be reporting that he's going to be appointed as "first team coach" but I see that more as meaning "a coach involved with the first team" as opposed to "the main coach".

Regardless, good appointment I think; always a positive thing to keep former players at the club. One of the best ways that we can ensure the continued implementation and success of Fergie's ideas and standards is through the players who were brought up under his reign. I'm all for getting Scholes, Giggs and Butt involved in the coaching staff as well.

I'd assume because Fergie delegated and wasn't as hands on with coaching in later years. I see the set-up being different with Moyes. I think he'll be coaching and he'll have coaches to work under him. I think it's great that we have some young coaches in Round and P Nev, as well as possibly Scholes and Giggs.

Had anyone heard of Muelensteen before he arrived at United? At least with P Nev there is a link and a bond with the club. He's United through and through. The more ex-players we get involved with the coaching staff the better, for me. They come with a winning mentality, the experience of playing at the highest level and winning major trophies, and if they haven't learned anything from their years playing under Fergie I'd be stunned.

Yep, fair enough. Maybe my concern isn't that warranted.

Where's Beckham when you need him. there again the rate he makes money he might buy the club. Posh could design the kit.

Is some of the thinking here seriously: 'Giggs, Scholes - great, skilful players; don't mind them being coaches' & 'Phil Nev - bit average and unglamorous; don't want him'? feck's sake, I guess Moyes should've appointed one of those those great players-turned-coaches like Diego Maradona...

The appointments of both P Nev and Giggs can only be positive moves in my opinion, they are both players who know united inside out and have both been very successful at the highest level.
Their knowledge of the clubs ethos will be invaluable, I would be more concerned if we had a complete overhaul of coaching staff from outside the club.
I think Moyes is going along the lines of don't fix what isn't broken.
I may well be proven wrong but I am prepared to wait and see what happens before posting negativity about any of them, I was going to say I don't understand the negative posts by some in here but there will always be those who will never be happy regardless of what we do.

Isn't Jimmy 'the old guy' the first team coach? Nev and Giggsy will be part of the coaching staff.

I fail to see any negatives. What is wrong with me?

He's never coached before in his life and he just straight up gets the first team coach job at United?

I don't know where to start. So I simply won't. Good luck to him, I think he's going to need it.

Not a fan of the negativity here.

I for one am very happy to have Neville back at the club, he's a very intelligent and articulate bloke from what I've seen of him off the pitch, he has his badges and is ready to go. It isn't like he isn't working with experienced coaches. I'm confident that in Steve Round and Phil Neville we will have two of the best young coaches around at the club.
Make that Steve Round, Phil Neville AND Ryan Giggs (and Paul Scholes). I think it's a very exciting line-up of coaches potentially.

The appointments of both P Nev and Giggs can only be positive moves in my opinion, they are both players who know united inside out and have both been very successful at the highest level.
Their knowledge of the clubs ethos will be invaluable, I would be more concerned if we had a complete overhaul of coaching staff from outside the club.
I think Moyes is going along the lines of don't fix what isn't broken.
I may well be proven wrong but I am prepared to wait and see what happens before posting negativity about any of them, I was going to say I don't understand the negative posts by some in here but there will always be those who will never be happy regardless of what we do.
In addition, they will help to keep the dressing room in order. Their experience will be vital.

Club is in safe hands with these legends around. They will ensure that standards are maintained.

He's not actually first team coach though is he? He's just an assistant to Moyes who is actually the coach. fecking idiots.

Moyes is the manager. Typically the manager tells the coaches what to do. Looks like we will have a number of coaches, each coach responsible for certain positions on the pitch and maybe taking overall coaching responsibility for that position in all the clubs teams?

It's not that hard to understand. The lack of enthusiasm with Phil coming in is because he isn't actually one of United legend, or one of our best player. Now, with Giggs gets involved, the package sounds a lot better.

Although their passion for United and professionalism are both unquestionable.

I guess we have a solid British spine both in the team and the staff and that has always served United well. Not only this but we have strong characters around Moyes who know the club inside out. The thing is for Neville, he's going to be open to so much scrutiny - we're being bold as feck in one respect and quite timid in another. Better the devil you know for sure, it's just non of them seem to be qualified satans?

Expected him to make an overhaul of backroom staff. He needs to know his staff are completely on his side and ones that he can trust. If Rene stayed, he may have wanted to recommend some of Fergie's ideas, which isn't bad, but Moyes needs to make United his own.

Let's hope De Gea has a good bond with Woods.

Chris Woods:
zp_woods_1204.jpg

Woods looks like Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid) outta "Vegas":

mv5botqwnte3odi4m15bml5banbnxkftztcwmzaxotgxoa-_v1-_sx402_sy500_.jpg

Moyes is the manager. Typically the manager tells the coaches what to do. Looks like we will have a number of coaches, each coach responsible for certain positions on the pitch and maybe taking overall coaching responsibility for that position in all the clubs teams?

Yep. But it's pretty well known that Moyes is very hands on and conducts alot of training himself.

We may very wall laugh at being thrust into the action cone wise however you forget how the new management works - Steve Round is forbidden from carrying less than 3 footballs at a time - Neville as a newcomer has to carry over 40 cones without assistance. No laughing matter indeed.

This is what Sir Alex has wished for. He's talked about us filling the club with former players in coaching and ambassadorial roles. I'm quite happy with this news. Few people know our footballing culture like Giggsy and Phil Neville do. They've been through the system and they'll ensure our standards don't drop. Plus they're young and smart enough to introduce fresh ideas into the mix. Moyes has already provided enough experience among our new staff to help them along the coaching route. All these changes were a little worrying but i'm even more optimistic now.

Has Scholes been given a role? I'm sure he said in his interview with Neville that he was hoping to stay on as a coach.

Good news, Phil Neville is United through and through and Moyes knows him well so it's a great appointment.For these young players to have coaches like Neville, Giggsy and Scholes is tremendous for their development, can't wait for the season to start now.

This is what Sir Alex has wished for. He's talked about us filling the club with former players in coaching and ambassadorial roles. I'm quite happy with this news. Few people know our footballing culture like Giggsy and Phil Neville do. They've been through the system and they'll ensure our standards don't drop. Plus they're young and smart enough to introduce fresh ideas into the mix. Moyes has already provided enough experience among our new staff to help them along the coaching route. All these changes were a little worrying but i'm even more optimistic now.

Its fine if they're actually any good as coaches. They're obviously expereinced players and that has to help but its not that simple. Some players make good coaches, others don't. Jobs for the boys is fine if they can do the jobs as well as another candidate. Hopefully some significant thought has gone into it.