Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Phil Neville due to be announced as man utd first team coach this morning according to the BBC

Over skysports now. Sources phil is joining as a first team coach.

I thought Lumsden was the first team coach. Eh. Still, great to see him back. The class of '92's return is brewing nicely.

He's never coached before in his life and he just straight up gets the first team coach job at United?

we may as well just move to goodison and have done with it.

Swapping Rene for Neville is a stupid decision, knows the club and whatnot but he's going to be working with the likes of RVP and Rooney.

It's been a disaster, no signings, Rooney wants to leave, one of most talented youngsters has left and top it off Phelan has left too....can it get any worse?

Yes, these feckin Chevrolet's they're driving look awful. Bring back the Range Rovers please.

Bit concerning that he's got zero experience as a coach. Hopefully he's not taking Rene's old job and is just on the team of coaches.

I thought that role is taken by Lumsden now?

I think he's just amongst one of the coaches and will act as a linkup between players and manager.

Must be a mistake, surely he'll be coaching the reserves or juniors?

It's been a disaster, no signings, Rooney wants to leave, one of most talented youngsters has left and top it off Phelan has left too....can it get any worse?

Jesus Christ.

I thought that role is taken by Lumsden now?

I think he's just amongst one of the coaches and will act as a linkup between players and manager.
Lumsden is just a coach whereas Nev has been hired to replace Rene as the first team coach.

Neville has United blood in him. He's been keen with his coaching badges, like Giggs so he's prepared a great deal for this. The players will recognize his past glory with us, and I'm sure he'll be given the respect he deserves. I'm not worried with his inexperience. If he just fast tracked to be our manager, then I'd be worried. There have been plenty of young/inexperienced managers and coaches who've been given chances at clubs and have thrived - Guardiola or AVB (at Porto and now at Spurs) for example.

Will be a good link as well for the players to blend in with the other coaching staff. Plus, and this is just a gut feeling, with Gary playing a part in the media as a pundit do you really think players would run the risk of fecking about Phil when he could tell Gary and let the whole world know about it?

For me - good appointment.

He isn't first team coach. He is a coach working with first team.

Great news about Chopper. Delighted.

In a few years we'll have P.Neville, Butt, Scholes and Giggs all on the coaching staff :drool:

Nobody's seems to be aware of the fact that Neville has already been coaching Everton's first team since 2009 I believe.

history has shown that you dont always have to go the traditional route to succeed as long as you have the attitude. One thing that you can say about either Neville is that they will never fail because of lack of trying

take Mourinho for example. Began life as a PE teacher with a little experience of youth team coaching. Then got a job as an interpretor at Barca for Bobby Robson and then van Gaal. Only then did he try his hand at coaching before management.

Phil Neville will do well IMHO