Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Why would anyone be negative about this? :wenger:

Does anyone think players like RvP will look up to guys like Phil Neville and think - this dude can make me a better player?

ah ffs just feck right off. seriously im sick of the fecking lot of you whining wankers. moan moan moan before they've even got fecking started. spoilt wankers

Isn't Moyes the real first team coach. I think this was discussed in detail at the start of the thread.

I would imagine he'll have to delegate more at United than he did at Everton. But I could be talking out of my arse because like everybody on here I know feck all.

Does anyone think players like RvP will look up to guys like Phil Neville and think - this dude can make me a better player?

Agree.Just can't see that happening,maybe it's a role within the first team.

To be fair, I didn't think Rene could. I mean did he ever play football? Bar United, his only other experiences are a couple of Qatari teams and Brondby.

Neville has been around in football for a long time, and during that time he's played with the likes of Scholes, Beckham, Giggs and Keane for example. I'm not worried.

I can't hide it, I'm skeptical. Shoot me for being so. This is Manchester United, not Everton. And that's why I'm concerned. But I will have to wait and see. Hopefully all works out because the fall out can be become messy.

To be fair, I didn't think Rene could. I mean did he ever play football? Bar United, his only other experiences are a couple of Qatari teams and Brondby.

Neville has been around in football for a long time, and during that time he's played with the likes of Scholes, Beckham, Giggs and Keane for example. I'm not worried.

Rene was SAF's man and so he was heavily respected. I think Gary Neville, Scholes or Giggs would have been the better and more sensible appointment as an ex player. Phil Neville just doesn't seem to have much authority.

I know one thing for sure, P Nev, like his brother, is a winner, plain and simple.

I think it's great to have ex-players come back in a coaching capacity. Phil Neville loves United, and he has won a host of honours, playing under the great man, in a few superb Manchester United teams. I think he's a good appointment.

What's the matter with you, Sol? Level headed guy, strong character, loves United! Would you have a problem with Scholes joining the coaching staff?

No because he'd be one of many coaches. If Scholes was to become our head coach, the guy who oversees the other coaches and helps handle match preparation, etc... then yes I would be a bit concerned.

Positives:
1. We've appointed arguably the best British football manager as our new manager.
2. If I'm not wrong we'll have Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs coaching at the club.
3. Steve Round is reputably the best young coach in the country.

Negatives:
1. None of them have names sounding like a poncy Spanish R&B singer.
2. We all haven't clue what we're talking about because we don't know shit about any of them.

Yeah as a reserves coach.
Oh right. Hm. I am not sure why he is getting first team position. Perhaps he will serve in similar capacity to how his brother operates for England. I am NOT saying he will have duties similar to an assistant but more so a morale booster for the players.

I don't get the negativity from some in this thread!?

Phil Neville has won everything there is to win in the English game, he's played for United, England and captained Everton for several years. That's a vast amount of experience. Fair enough he doesn't have much previous 'coaching' experience but to suggest that our players won't respect or listen to him is ridiculous.

No because he'd be one of many coaches. If Scholes was to become our head coach, the guy who oversees the other coaches and helps handle match preparation, etc... then yes I would be a bit concerned.
Have you not just described Moyes job? He's hands on and coaches himself, surely he'll be head coach and everyone else he's brought in will work under him with the first team. I see no issue here.

Positives:
1. We've appointed arguably the best British football manager as our new manager.
2. If I'm not wrong we'll have Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs coaching at the club.
3. Steve Round is reputably the best young coach in the country.

Negatives:
1. None of them have names sounding like a poncy Spanish R&B singer.
2. We all haven't clue what we're talking about because we don't know shit about any of them.

Well said.

I don't get the negativity from some in this thread!?

Phil Neville has won everything there is to win in the English game, he's played for United, England and captained Everton for several years. That's a vast amount of experience. Fair enough he doesn't have much previous 'coaching' experience but to suggest that our players won't respect or listen to him is ridiculous.
But he's boring.

Have you not just described Moyes job? He's hands on and coaches himself, surely he'll be head coach and everyone else he's brought in will work under him with the first team. I see no issue here.

If that's the case then neither do I. Rene did handle a lot of the match preparation it seems from what van Persie said last year though.

ah ffs just feck right off. seriously im sick of the fecking lot of you whining wankers. moan moan moan before they've even got fecking started. spoilt wankers
I believe you mean pessimism. Moaning does not always have to involve being spoilt.

Rene was SAF's man and so he was heavily respected. I think Gary Neville, Scholes or Giggs would have been the better and more sensible appointment as an ex player. Phil Neville just doesn't seem to have much authority.

Not a great assumption to make. You could be right - but you don't know for sure. I've seen Neville go ape on the pitch. I wouldn't personally like to upset him as a player.

Phil-Neville-006.jpg

Phil is the man.

Do you think Mourinho had much authority when he started coaching? or did the Barca players just say "feck off you're just an interpreter!"

I doubt he would be entrusted directly with such responsibility. But even if he is, its not like he'd be doing it alone. He'll have more experienced advisors. Neville would have great connect with the players and knows the full rigours of playing in the modern era.

Not a fan of the negativity here.

I for one am very happy to have Neville back at the club, he's a very intelligent and articulate bloke from what I've seen of him off the pitch, he has his badges and is ready to go. It isn't like he isn't working with experienced coaches. I'm confident that in Steve Round and Phil Neville we will have two of the best young coaches around at the club.

If that's the case then neither do I. Rene did handle a lot of the match preparation it seems from what van Persie said last year though.
I'd assume because Fergie delegated and wasn't as hands on with coaching in later years. I see the set-up being different with Moyes. I think he'll be coaching and he'll have coaches to work under him. I think it's great that we have some young coaches in Round and P Nev, as well as possibly Scholes and Giggs.

Had anyone heard of Muelensteen before he arrived at United? At least with P Nev there is a link and a bond with the club. He's United through and through. The more ex-players we get involved with the coaching staff the better, for me. They come with a winning mentality, the experience of playing at the highest level and winning major trophies, and if they haven't learned anything from their years playing under Fergie I'd be stunned.

Do you think Mourinho had much authority when he started coaching? or did the Barca players just say "feck off you're just an interpreter!"

Further...

I once watched an interview of Mourinho's staff - I don't think I've ever seen such a smug, self-satisfied bunch of people. Added to that is the evident lack of feeling for the clubs that employ them. Give me Phil & the rest of Moyes' people anyday over that lot.

Not a great assumption to make. You could be right - but you don't know for sure. I've seen Neville go ape on the pitch. I wouldn't personally like to upset him as a player.

Phil-Neville-006.jpg

Phil is the man.

nah you're right. I am of course just speculating. But I just find the appointment very safe and not particularly inspiring in terms of our football next season.

Giggs has been appointed Player / Coach as well!

Damn you Brophs! :lol:

Yes! :devil::D

Now I'm happy