Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Don't know how to feel everyone will want a convincing win and it would help to ease nerves but they are a championship side. The first few games in the league will be a big test. I expect OT to remain a fortress because I think he understands how to play/win at home from his time at Everton.

It would be really strange turning up to 'that' job and having a first day.
Like a real live version of FM muppets starting a new game.

We're playing Wigan not City.

When I said the Charity Shield is a massive game (unlike previous years) I mean't because of Moyes.

If Fergie lost to Wigan there would be folk saying it's only the Charity Shield. If Moyes looses to Wigan then everybody will read more into it.

We're not playing Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc - it's a game we should win regardless of who is at the helm so it's a fantastic chance for Moyes to get a bit of silverware under his belt - something many folk have been quick to point out that he hasn't done yet.

Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup - who knows when our next one might be.

Look at Liverpool fans - they've been waiting a lifetime for Fergie to retire, clinging to the hope that we'll crumble when he leaves. I know it's 'just' the Charity Shield but if they see Moyes picking up a trophy early doors then that can only be a good thing.

A lot of fans on here sound like 'hmmm yeah Moyes let's see what he does but i'm not holding my breath'. I do agree that is should be the way you described but fans are used to winning, they don't think Moyes is the man to deliver. In all honesty nobody could have come in and us fans not had doubts but I don't think Moyes was in the top 3 of mosts lists. I thought he would get the job an dwould be a good choice and I look forward to him proving people wrong.

If people want to be like that it's up to them, that doesn't excuse them it just explains their behavior. Personally I'm not arsed, but if people are impatient and loud with it by nature like some I've seen then I'm just glad I'm not them

If people want to be like that it's up to them, that doesn't excuse them it just explains their behavior. Personally I'm not arsed, but if people are impatient and loud with it by nature like some I've seen then I'm just glad I'm not them

Not much we can do in that case. I'm behind him 100%.

Day 2, what fashion, outdated office equipment and doors at Carrington can we expect to see today?

We have a lot of experience in our squad when it comes to Europe though, and that experience isn't suddenly going to disappear with the arrival of a new manager and staff. It will obviously take a while for Moyes to get his tactics right, but some of the vastly experienced players that he has at his disposal will help. The likes of Rio, Vidic, RVP, Evra and Carrick all come to mind.
The question is will that experience be enough? United fans will only be patient for so long. At some point Moyes will have to deliver and hopefully it's sooner than later. I share a similar opinion with TN. Not all that convinced but a good appointment nonetheless. I refrain from sharing my actual opinion on here simply because I feel it wouldn't be welcome here but long story short, I am not too optimistic. Not yet at least.

Well, I found it funny. I guess we can't all be as high brow and sublime as you, Twigginater.

What I would give to ban this fecker Twigginater from redcafe and all other manchester united forums.

All i know is that it will be really bizarre not to see SAF and likes this season. Our team will have a new face :nervous:

Dressing room Bible discussions? Is Moyes a known religious man?
Born again Christian, apparently, though he doesn't talk about it.

An ex-teammate had a bit of a rant at him and two others back in his playing days, calling them the "God Squad".

It's been a disaster, no signings, Rooney wants to leave, one of most talented youngsters has left and top it off Phelan has left too....can it get any worse?

Is his first press conference Friday?? its gona be very intresting

"Thankye all for coming to here today, at the start of my new life as manager of this great club. Now if you'll turn to page 3 of the media packs I've prepared, you'll see the well-planned details of my next holiday in ...."

Reporter 1: "Is Rooney staying?"

"Well, I've had a good talk with the lad and he told me all about this great place to relax in Florida, where ...."

Reporter 2: "But what about Alcantara? Any news?"

"Yep, he sent me a very nice photo of himself sitting by a pool, and I must say that Barcelona looks an excellent place for a short break when ..."

Reporter 3: "Is Baines coming in to replace Evra?

"Nah, I don't see that happening. Great player but he doesnae want to move further away from Blackpool, which I can understand 'cos it's a decent shout for weekends away. In fact tomorrow I'm .... "

Reporter 3: "So is Evra staying?"

"Nah, he's off to Monaco, the lucky bastard. I mean, have you seen the beaches there? Mile after mile of golden sand, with lots and lots of ..."

MUFC official: "Err, yes, umm ... thankyou very much David. And thankyou all for what has been an excellent set of questions, which ...."

Moyes: "Wait, wait, you hav'nae all seen ma holiday snaps yet. There's a great one 'o me standin' next to the Eiffel Tower. And lookie here, I mean, Machu Picchu ... I can'nae believe it. And this one, on the strip at Vegas. It was feckin' brilliant and ...."

It's been a disaster, no signings, Rooney wants to leave, one of most talented youngsters has left and top it off Phelan has left too....can it get any worse?

I am sure Moyes has something up his sleeve. There's no way he wouldn't add some steel to our midfield.
Even my dog knows our central midfield is softer than the centre of TREBOR.

Albert the kitman is the backbone of this club, getting rid of him would be like losing Fergie...

Times a million.

Bit concerning that he's got zero experience as a coach. Hopefully he's not taking Rene's old job and is just on the team of coaches.

Albert the kitman is the backbone of this club, getting rid of him would be like losing Fergie...

Times a million.

Sorry to tell you this man, but I'm pretty sure Albert retired... I could be wrong but I'm sure it's the case.