Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

He looks 95, he struggled up them stairs at Carrington earlier so not sure how he is gonna cope with coaching the players..
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure coaches tell the players what to do, and don't generally run along in front calling on them to do what they do.

I must say that we'll probably not do well in Europe next year. I hope that I'm wrong, but this staff has no CL pedigree.

CL is 50% lottery. any team can win it out of the top 10 teams

It was a dumb dumb dumb dumb (etc.) statement anyway.

Will we do worse than we did last year? Will we do better than we did this year? It's a joke. If we go out like we did under SAF in 2011/12 everyone will be going off their rockers but if we get the the last 32 and go out i Moyes will still be at fault. Unless he gets to a final/semi final next year he'll be called a failure in Europe from some of the gimps on here.

Will we do worse than we did last year? Will we do better than we did this year? It's a joke. If we go out like we did under SAF in 2011/12 everyone will be going off their rockers but if we get the the last 32 and go out i Moyes will still be at fault. Unless he gets to a final/semi final next year he'll be called a failure in Europe from some of the gimps on here.

What if he fails in Europe?

I must say that we'll probably not do well in Europe next year. I hope that I'm wrong, but this staff has no CL pedigree.

We have a lot of experience in our squad when it comes to Europe though, and that experience isn't suddenly going to disappear with the arrival of a new manager and staff. It will obviously take a while for Moyes to get his tactics right, but some of the vastly experienced players that he has at his disposal will help. The likes of Rio, Vidic, RVP, Evra and Carrick all come to mind.

We have a lot of experience in our squad when it comes to Europe though, and that experience isn't suddenly going to disappear with the arrival of a new manager and staff. It will obviously take a while for Moyes to get his tactics right, but some of the vastly experienced players that he has at his disposal will help. The likes of Rio, Vidic, RVP, Evra and Carrick all come to mind.

Nope, because Moyes is there the players we have will all now be incapable of doing anything better than what Everton have achieved in Moyes time.

Everybody is backing them, but there is cause for concern. I don't really care about you calling my statement dumb btw, and I never said that I expected a semi final from the off.

Everybody is backing them, but there is cause for concern. I don't really care about you calling my statement dumb btw, and I never said that I expected a semi final from the off.

Well, define what you will consider failure in Europe so I can have something to gauge the against.

We just have to accept a good proportion of the fans are not enthusiastic about Moyes and they want him to EARN their loyalty and support, he is not a glamorous name and he has not won anything. I always thought he would get the job personally he just seemed like the best fit. I would say a top 2 finish and the Champion's league quarter final is a good first season he improves on that in any of those two competitions he has had a great first season. I really do believe he and has staff will prove many people wrong, quote me on that ;) .

I have no problem with people not wanting him, but I have a problem with bland un-measurable statements like 'fail in Europe'.

I never wanted Moyes here, I said as much before Fergie retired and hoped when he did that we wouldn't go with Moyes. I'm still nervous about his appointment, and I'm not entirely sure he's the right man, but he's here now, and as such he needs time and patience to put his own stamp on it. He needs support and to be given a chance, otherwise we might as well just give up.

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong, and will be the first to hold my hands up, but irrespective of any of that, now is the time for us as a fanbase to get behind him and give him the best platform possible to continue the success of our club. We owe Fergie that much.

We just have to accept a good proportion of the fans are not enthusiastic about Moyes and they want him to EARN their loyalty and support, he is not a glamorous name and he has not won anything. I always thought he would get the job personally he just seemed like the best fit. I would say a top 2 finish and the Champion's league quarter final is a good first season he improves on that in any of those two competitions he has had a great first season. I really do believe he and has staff will prove many people wrong, quote me on that ;) .

That's not how it works. Or not how it should work. Supporters start out loyal and supportive of anyone representing the club, and it goes from there.

What is fail in Europe really, it's always a gamble. Basically he has no pedigree so unless he does well he would have failed in the eyes of some. We haven't been to the quarters in two years if he can do that in his first season surely that is progress? Fergie, Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp even all have leeway to 'fail' in Europe because they have proved they can do well while Moyes has not. Like I said quarter finals is good enough for me but I wouldn't call him a failure unless we go out disgracefully.

That's not how it works. Or not how it should work. Supporters start out loyal and supportive of anyone representing the club, and it goes from there.

A lot of fans on here sound like 'hmmm yeah Moyes let's see what he does but i'm not holding my breath'. I do agree that is should be the way you described but fans are used to winning, they don't think Moyes is the man to deliver. In all honesty nobody could have come in and us fans not had doubts but I don't think Moyes was in the top 3 of mosts lists. I thought he would get the job an dwould be a good choice and I look forward to him proving people wrong.

I look forward to him proving people wrong.

I hope he proves the sceptics wrong too.

I'd have been happy with either Mourinho or Moyes but for very different reasons.

If (and I mean if) we continue to win honours over the coming years - I would much rather we did it under Moyes than Mourinho.

Unlike previous seasons - This season's Charity Shield is a massive game.

I'd have been happy with either Mourinho or Moyes but for very different reasons.

If (and I mean if) we continue to win honours over the coming years - I would much rather we did it under Moyes than Mourinho.

It's a big game but only if we lose if you know what I mean.

Moyes is just going to be questioned from the get go EVERYTHING he does will be scrutinized and compared to Fergie. It is really not an enviable job as a manager. I would want the job after the guy who takes over from Fergie personally less pressure. We are playing City right?? Mourinho was just not a right fit for me personally something about him was off he is a winner though that you can't question.

Moyes is just going to be questioned from the get go EVERYTHING he does will be scrutinized and compared to Fergie. It is really not an enviable job as a manager. I would want the job after the guy who takes over from Fergie personally less pressure. We are playing City right?? Mourinho was just not a right fit for me personally something about him was off he is a winner though that you can't question.
Wigan

Wigan.