Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

So an hour and a half since he got the job and he still didn't win any trophy. Abramovich would have sacked him.

He's doing as well as you can expect any manager to do in his first two hours in the role under the Glazers' ownership - leave Moyes alone :(

I can picture him recreating this scene from Die Hard 2 in his mirror this morning.

Where's the press conference countdown. C'mon guys, you're putting to much effort into this transfer business. When's the last time anyone of you saw a United managers first press conference?

Arrived at Carrington at around 8am. Officially no longer on holiday... :smirk:

Has he turned up?

Better not have rang in sick saying he has jetlag

Has he turned up?

Better not have rang in sick saying he has jetlag

article-2352198-1A99289F000005DC-349_634x415.jpg

786383596.jpg

He's in!

I'm getting excited now. A new era. I thank Fergie for everything he's done, but now it is the time to look forward. Let's back the Moyes.

I think Moyes will suprise a lot of people.

He has learned his trade at a decent club and will now be hungry for success.

He had Everton playing some great football, I can't wait to see his plans in pre season.

The 'sack him' jokes are a bad idea. In six months time a large section of our fanbase could well be singing that tune, rightly or wrongly.

Surely one of the first things on the agenda must be show down talks with Rooney, put that one to bed as quick as possible. Then sign Thiago by 11am and sign Ronaldo by close of business today.

I think Moyes will suprise a lot of people.

He has learned his trade at a decent club and will now be hungry for success.

He had Everton playing some great football, I can't wait to see his plans in pre season.

I agree. His style of football there was very fluid. I often thought Everton had a better shape and purpose than we have had in recent times. They work hard and they move the ball around well, despite not having that many top players at their disposal. With better players and resources, Moyes can build on that, and have us twatting everyone. G'wan!

I agree. His style of football there was very fluid. I often thought Everton had a better shape and purpose than we have had in recent times. They work hard and they move the ball around well, despite not having that many top players at their disposal. With better players and resources, Moyes can build on that, and have us twatting everyone. G'wan!

This is why I think he'll do well in Europe next season for us. His tactics and coaching are almost perfect for it. We'll have 10 Park Ji Sungs out there.

Manchester United is delighted to confirm the appointments of Steve Round as assistant manager, Chris Woods as goalkeeping coach and Jimmy Lumsden as coach.

Round, 42, joins the club after working alongside David Moyes at Everton since July 2008.
Woods, 53, who was a player was a member of the England World Cup squads in 1986 and 1990 and for the squads for the European Championships in 1988 and 1992, has been the goalkeeping coach at Everton since 1998. In October 2011 he also became United States goalkeeping coach.

Lumsden, 65, has worked with David Moyes since his days at Preston North End and subsequently at Everton.
David Moyes said: "I have worked with Steve, Chris and Jimmy for a number of years and I am delighted they have decided to join me at this great club. They bring great qualities in their respective fields and I know that, like me, they feel that this is a challenge to relish. I have great faith that together, we can build upon the success this club has enjoyed over many years.”

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said: “I believe with David and his new team in place, along with our current backroom staff, we can now start preparing for the new season ahead. This is an exciting and challenging time for the club and I have great belief that David and his team will have all the energy and attributes needed to help this club continue in its long-standing traditions."

It's weird even seeing a different manager arrive at Carrington.

Exciting times though..... c'mon Moyesy :devil:

Steve Round as assistant manager, Chris Woods as goalkeeping coach and Jimmy Lumsden as first-team coach.

That's the complete overhaul of the backroom staff.

I wonder if Chris Woods will keep his job as GK coach for the US national team?

Expected him to make an overhaul of backroom staff. He needs to know his staff are completely on his side and ones that he can trust. If Rene stayed, he may have wanted to recommend some of Fergie's ideas, which isn't bad, but Moyes needs to make United his own.

Let's hope De Gea has a good bond with Woods.

Jimmy:
2811035771-06112011214013.jpg

Chris Woods:
zp_woods_1204.jpg

Steve Round:
Steve_Round_13_280_1360611a.jpg

Breathe it in lads.

Is that an estate car? IS THAT AN ESTATE CAR? This isn't Everton, mate. Leave the car you bring the dogs to the beach in at home.

I think its a Chelsea tractor, bastard must have bought it when he was linked with them.