Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Must admit ive been getting a touch of the hystericals recemtly. I realise the contract doesn't kick in until Monday, but surely he has been working behind the scenes for the past 6 weeks? If not I would be rather pissed.

I don't like reding things like he hasnt spoken To Rooney yet. IMO the Rooney situation should already be sorted by now.

Then players like Nani, Anderson and now Evra all need their futures resolved. All while going on pre season tour and hopefully bringing in new players.

It's a lot to cram into the next few weeks, especially when you consider a lot of clubs have already done some business in June.

It's naive to think that nothing is in motion regarding our summer transfer activity, both ins and outs, since Moyes hasn't taken charge yet. I remember Sir Alex mention in a recent interview that we have been tracking some of our targets for more than a year. Moyes is not going to throw all that in a bin and demand different transfers.

I am pretty sure that behind the scenes work has continued since the season finished, may be even before that. Also, I don't believe that Moyes' has shut himself from the world during the holiday. He would have been in constant touch with Woodward and that Snake Oil guy. We already signed Varela, didn't we? I am guessing we'll see a flurry of activity with in the next week or so.

If Moyes is being presented on Monday, why is there (supposed to be) a press conference on Friday? Anyone know?

If Moyes is being presented on Monday, why is there (supposed to be) a press conference on Friday? Anyone know?

We usually have press conferences on Friday. Moyes officially starts work on Monday, so he probably wants the week to bed in and get some things sorted before facing the media.

Cheers, mate. :) I just wondered if he was presenting Varela to the press.

Fergie time comes to an end today...but the story continues.
1014271_595256533829570_76130664_n.png

If the story's title is "Failure at signing a central midfield", then yes, it does continue.

Bite?

Have to say, I'm not impressed by his start to his tenure here.

No signings, a lot of vacation in Florida. No speaking to the public. And that atrocious fecking tracksuit.

No amount of angry glaring can make up for this start. He'll need a result against Swansea to save his arse me thinks.

:lol: please be joking. And what tracksuit?

:lol: please be joking. And what tracksuit?

Have you watched him at Everton?

ferguson-moyes_2559189b.jpg

This tracksuti. How can you expect this guy to persuade the likes of Thiago to play for Manchester United?

I really hope people dont make an issue of him wearing a tracksuit occasionally.

So long as he wears a suit to and from the ground, derbies and European nights I see absolutely no issue with him wearing a tracksuit now and then.

Is he back from his hols yet......hope so as he has to get cracking on his backroom staff, Rooney situation, players coming in and out so a lot to do in a relatively short space of time.

Good luck Moyes.

He'll be right up for it.

I get why people are saying they'll be pressure, but less understanding of why people assume Moyes can't handle it, or that he'll be having sleepless nights. Everything suggests he's a hard bastard who can handle himself.

He'll be having trouble sleeping tonight

Not really, especially if he's having some good news to announce, the upcoming week plus Gill, Fergie, even Giggs been busy in preparing him for this job.

Pray for Rooney, though... No french fries for him after 7pm, next season.

He'll be right up for it.

I get why people are saying they'll be pressure, but less understanding of why people assume Moyes can't handle it, or that he'll be having sleepless nights. Everything suggests he's a hard bastard who can handle himself.
Agreed, if anything, he's likely to be rearing to go.
Not really, especially if he's having some good news to announce, the upcoming week plus Gill, Fergie, even Giggs been busy in preparing him for this job.

Pray for Rooney, though... No french fries for him after 7pm, next season.
That's him off then.

Oh my days, there isn't anything subliminal in my post. Everyone has trouble sleeping bbefore they're about to go tthrough something new.

He can handle himself sure but it's the start of something new.

It certainly would be that way if Jose took this job.

Fergie is still here and if Moyes wants to talk, the Godfather is in his office few floors up, propably working from 6am to very end of the day, as always.

It was definitely used a long time before the 80s. Here's a piece of club merchandise from a shop owned by Sir Matt:

GeoffBentBadgeC1957.jpg

Yeah, I was talking about Manchester in the 80s, okay perhaps I wasn't clear first time. I'm aware some players referred to us as Man Utd back then but Manchester based fans referred to us as United or The Reds.

I'm back in Manchester tomorrow

No I am not David Moyes

Must admit ive been getting a touch of the hystericals recemtly. I realise the contract doesn't kick in until Monday, but surely he has been working behind the scenes for the past 6 weeks? If not I would be rather pissed.

I don't like reding things like he hasnt spoken To Rooney yet. IMO the Rooney situation should already be sorted by now.

Then players like Nani, Anderson and now Evra all need their futures resolved. All while going on pre season tour and hopefully bringing in new players.

It's a lot to cram into the next few weeks, especially when you consider a lot of clubs have already done some business in June.

The players are on a holiday too..

He's now officially our manager. So it begins...

Breaking news that he's just been sacked. Lasted 5 minutes.

See? Moyes allowed ramos to miss that. The domination of spanish football is over because of Moyes and no one else.