Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Yep. Yet if you looked at the performances in those games, there were good signs. The Reading game was when they decided to man mark everyone, we missed a few good chances and they go lucky. Portsmouth was a proper away game, decent point. And the City game we absolutely battered them, had 500 corners and lost to a Giovani wonder strike.

So yeah, context. Hope people do the same when judging Moyes.

True, also doesn't help that Rooney broke his foot against Reading and Ronaldo got sent off against Portsmouth.

Yep. Yet if you looked at the performances in those games, there were good signs. The Reading game was when they decided to man mark everyone, we missed a few good chances and they go lucky. Portsmouth was a proper away game, decent point. And the City game we absolutely battered them, had 500 corners and lost to a Giovani wonder strike.

So yeah, context. Hope people do the same when judging Moyes.

more importantly we finished that season in style :D
also won the CS which we have a big chance of doing again this year, and were it not for the incredibily lucky game from Portsmouth's point of view (FA Cup later on in the season) we would've most likely had won the treble that season as well

Can we please stop discussing the season openings of the years past, and go back to discuss Moyes and his ridicilously long vacation?

Comes back from his holiday today.

Can we please stop discussing the season openings of the years past, and go back to discuss Moyes and his ridicilously long vacation?

Vacation? I've taken to calling it a gap month or a hiatus.

I have it on good authority he slept over his alarm clock this morning.

Fecking hell. It will never be the same without Fergie.

I have it on good authority he slept over his alarm clock this morning.

Fecking hell. It will never be the same without Fergie.
hes probably still using an Everton alarm clock, its a big Fellani looking yoke with a big head of hair that you smash for a snooze
Need to get him a Wazza one with a head on it that is so sharp it cuts you and wakes you up.

Plus it would have the added option of him being allowed to twat Wazza in the head every morning and not get a transfer request in return.

The Big Question is whether Moyesy will be a tracksuit manager or a suit-and-tie sort.

At Everton he was mainly a tracksuit fella, I recall him switching to a smart blazer look for the Merseyside derbies.

I know Fergie wore a tracksuit a few times when he was in the dugout, but that was mostly as a younger man and he favoured a more businesslike look by and large.

For comparison
moyesfergie_1724944a.jpg

ferguson-moyes_2559189b.jpg

I expect we'll see this look but with an emphasis on red rather than blue

moyes.jpg

Looks a bit Wengerish but overall I think OT will give him patience

It is of the utmost importance that someone explains to him that he can never ever wear a tracksuit again.

I imagine this came up during his meeting with Gill, or that new big freak who's replaced him (Wood Edward?).

It is of the utmost importance that someone explains to him that he can never ever wear a tracksuit again.

I imagine this came up during his meeting with Gill, or that new big freak who's replaced him (Wood Edward?).

To be fair, he did seem to wear a suit quite a lot from January onwards.

The Big Question is whether Moyesy will be a tracksuit manager or a suit-and-tie sort.

At Everton he was mainly a tracksuit fella, I recall him switching to a smart blazer look for the Merseyside derbies.

I know Fergie wore a tracksuit a few times when he was in the dugout, but that was mostly as a younger man and he favoured a more businesslike look by and large.

For comparison
moyesfergie_1724944a.jpg

ferguson-moyes_2559189b.jpg

feck's sake, I had another one of those sorrowful Fergie-related moments again looking at those pictures. It's still sinking in even now.

Given the source, then we can probably rule out July 5th for the press conference.

No dramatic, capitalised BREAKING NEWS from Howard Nurse these days? Has he even posted about Thiago?

Have to say, I'm not impressed by his start to his tenure here.

No signings, a lot of vacation in Florida. No speaking to the public. And that atrocious fecking tracksuit.

No amount of angry glaring can make up for this start. He'll need a result against Swansea to save his arse me thinks.