Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

With this goat feet shenanigan we can play a crazy pressing game, we are already good and this is one of the things missing from our play. He's just going to make us better.

On my various FM12 saves Phelan usually applied for a job in England angering the United fans and hierarchy

saf_zpsc051642d.png

I'd really like to see Moyes succeed at United, and I increasingly have the feeling he can make it happen

Next season will be tough as hell though with our two main rivals finally appointing capable people at their helm. We need to strengthen the central midfield + one big name on the wings or up front to step in for Rooney

Not too bothered about his lack of CL experience, let's retain the EPL to start with. Fergie only won two of them in 25+ odd years anyway

Good luck Moyesy

That's interesting because I genuinely thought we lacked 90min 70%+ fitness overall this season.

It was certainly either fitness or commitment, and if our Moyes is anything like Everton's Moyes, then neither should be a problem next season.

Feeling really very positive about him at the moment.

While I do still have my doubts - I do feel better after seeing Moyes turn up to the ground and see him speaking to Fergie and the rest of the staff, well before he's even set to start at the club..

It was certainly either fitness or commitment, and if our Moyes is anything like Everton's Moyes, then neither should be a problem next season.

Feeling really very positive about him at the moment.

You'd think not. Though I don't think Moyes will be bringing many philosophies as the position just isn't that type of position.

Paddy Power are offering odds on how many trophies Moyes will win at United - under 2.5 @5/6 and over 2.5@5/6.

Now call me optimistic but the over 2.5 really seems great value.

Nope.

No it's during his career as United manager! Only The Premier League, Champions League, Europa League, Capital One Cup and FA Cup count though.

Might have to wait another 26 years to draw your winnings :devil:

You miss my point

I can't find a way your comment warrants a :devil: without it meaning Moyes won't win anything the next 26 years and you aren't a United fan and thus would find it :devil:worthy.
Surely you'd get your winnings on more than 2.5 trophies after he's won his third and not after he's no longer here.

I can't find a way your comment warrants a :devil: without it meaning Moyes won't win anything the next 26 years and you aren't a United fan and thus would find it :devil:worthy.
Surely you'd get your winnings on more than 2.5 trophies after he's won his third and not after he's no longer here.

Are you fecking serious :lol: I'm not wasting any more of my time on you.

Are you fecking serious :lol: I'm not wasting any more of my time on you.

I seriously don't get it. I've tried reading your post again and again, and I can't figure out how waiting 26 years for a payout on those odds is a good thing. I'd actually like you to explain it.

I'll solve it:

iczster suggests that he hopes that Moyes will emulate Fergie (by being here for 26 years, also meaning that he would be successful and win things) and think that the payout will not happen until Moyes' career with us was over.

Obviously the payout would happen as soon as that third trophy was won, but that is not really the main point here!

Ah ffs. Unnecessary. If we perform well and finish in the top 3 next season, I don't think fans would mind too much. Contract goes for 6 years. We're giving him time here. Maybe Cole forgot that. If Moyes doesn't produce in the second season, maybe things will be a bit patchy.

Ah ffs. Unnecessary. If we perform well and finish in the top 3 next season, I don't think fans would mind too much. Contract goes for 6 years. We're giving him time here. Maybe Cole forgot that. If Moyes doesn't produce in the second season, maybe things will be a bit patchy.

I think they would, he needs to be challenging for a title, he's not got a rebuilding job to do ffs, he's got to hit the ground running, and that means challenging on all fronts while playing attacking football. If he doesn't do that the supporters will quite rightly be on his back.

This isn't remotely like when Busby left, or when Fergie first took over. Moyes is inheriting a well run machine, there's no excuses if he can't keep it running. It'll be out you go sunshine, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

We should expect him to win a cup at least. Not unreasonable as not only does he have a very good squad and resources to bring one or two top players, he has been a very successful coach with the limited resources he has had.

But even if he does not win anything and still qualifies for the CL spot, most supporters will give him some time.

I think they would, he needs to be challenging for a title, he's not got a rebuilding job to do ffs, he's got to hit the ground running, and that means challenging on all fronts while playing attacking football. If he doesn't do that the supporters will quite rightly be on his back.

This isn't remotely like when Busby left, or when Fergie first took over. Moyes is inheriting a well run machine, there's no excuses if he can't keep it running. It'll be out you go sunshine, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
He's got plenty to do:

- Evra, Carrick, Vidic, Ferdinand and Giggs are on the way out
- CM still needs attention
- Young and Valencia were piss-poor all season
- van Persie will get crocked
- Rooney wants out

He's got plenty to do:
- Rooney wants out

Fabio
Carrick's got some time in him.
Vidic has some time in him.
Ferdinand. Really? You haven't noticed United grooming CM's? At all?
Giggs - We haven't relied on Giggs in a couple of years the way this implies.

Obvious

Young's just a squad player. Valencia showed signs of gettng back to form late.

I heard that when we bought him How'd that work out?

- Rooney wants out

Bye

He's got plenty to do:

- Rooney wants out

:lol:

The rest can be addressed with some good buys, no big deal if the right players are signed.

You're just amplifying the point that it's not going to be a push-over try for Moyes - serious work to be done.

He's got plenty to do:

- Rooney wants out

Drama queen...

You're just amplifying the point that it's not going to be a push-over try for Moyes - serious work to be done.

How much serious work has Wenger got to do then? You know, considering his team just finished 16 points the mess that Moyes has just inherited.

He's got plenty to do:

- Rooney wants out

Good sum up of the problems he will be facing. Then there is also the tactical bit as it is hard for any manager to come in and make it "his team" and make it work within some months.

How much serious work has Wenger got to do then? You know, considering his team just finished 16 points the mess that Moyes has just inherited.

What has Wenger or Arsenal got to do with this? Nothing.

Good point but the fact we've given him a 6 year contract to me says, these first couple of seasons could be bumpy. He's coming up from Everton and it's a big leap. Will be very interesting how he handles the challenge. Both City & Chelsea look to strengthen this summer and depending how we improve our squad and how Moyes' manages the team, he may find it a bit difficult against these two teams.

I am very open to the fact that we could finish third next season. If such a scenario happens, fans will have to be patient. It's hard to tell how next season will pan out at the moment but we shall see.